Switch to a 3-4 Please

Kingfish

ok, but the defense is fine, and not the problem on this team.

unless you think 3 points is enough to beat the 49ers?

The defense is fine? rofl

Tyler Thigpen

Larry Johnson

Matt Cassel

Benjarvus green ellis

Chad Pennington

Tedd Ginn Jr

Trent Green

The Arizona Cardinals

would all disagree. This defense, stops the run ok. They can't generate a pass rush to save their lives. The lb's are horrible in coverage. One good game, against a sh------- team like the niners doesn't change that. Not to mention the multiple 7-9 minutes 15 play 9 minute drives we've given up during this down period. This d is anything but "fine".

DE-Kelsay

NT-Williams

DE-Stroud

OLB-Schobel

ILB-Poz

ILB-Somebody, I don't know

OLB-Mitchell

I've always prefered the 3-4 defense but with the Bills personnel as it stands, it would be near impossible...Neither Kelsey nor Schobel would be able to cover much, and they are both WAY too small to be 3-4 DE's...Williams would be an undersized NT and I don't think He'd hold up well vs. double teams whatsoever...And the Bills are already thin at LB as it is...

I wish they could do it, but based on the current talent on Defense I would definitely advise against it...Unless you wanna re-build over the next two years...And I don't think The Bills as an Organization have that kind of patience any longer... <_<

the 3-4 requires lock down corners. We all saw what Mckelvin can do I would like to see Mcgee get more physical at the line. That guy could be a little bull dog.

Not necessarily if you get enough pressure on the QB. Pittsburgh has never exactly had lockdown corners.

The defense is fine? rofl

If we beat the Browns and the 49ers this team is 8-4 and in 1st place in the division, and you have nothing to complain about. Even the Titans let up 20+ points several times this year. No defense is perfect all of the time.

Nothing except lack of offense caused both of those losses. We could be 8-4 if our offense knew how to do anything.

If we beat the Browns and the 49ers this team is 8-4 and in 1st place in the division, and you have nothing to complain about. Even the Titans let up 20+ points several times this year. No defense is perfect all of the time.

Nothing except lack of offense caused both of those losses. We could be 8-4 if our offense knew how to do anything.

Agreed. Add in how short-handed the defense has been too because of injuries. With a healthy Schobel, Greer and Whitner, I have a suspicion that this would be a top 10 defense.

While we're playing the "what if" game, I'll give you the "what if the Bills beat Cleveland and SF" and take back "what if the Bills lost to Jax, Oakland, and St. Louis."

The "what if" record is now 5-7.

While we're playing the "what if" game, I'll give you the "what if the Bills beat Cleveland and SF" and take back "what if the Bills lost to Jax, Oakland, and St. Louis."

The "what if" record is now 5-7.

What? All I'm saying is that the offense sucks. The offense is the reason we lost those two games recently. I'm also saying the defense has played well enough all season to get into the playoffs.

I truly think we are one pass-rushing LB short of having a good 3-4 personnel.

The most important cog in the 3-4 is a fantastic NT who can clog the middle. The Bills have no such player on their roster. In fact, such players are usually difficult to find. Stroud has played very well this year but he is not a 3-4 NT. The Bills also lack big DEs which are necessary for the 3-4. They have edge rushers, not run stuffers.

So basically the Bills are short an entire DL AND one pass rushing LB of having good 3-4 personnel.

The 3-4 isn't magic. It happens to be run by some teams with great talent, and it whups our ass up and down the street. The Tampa-2 is perfectly capable of being effective, and we're much closer to having a good Tampa-2 defense than a good 3-4 defense.

And remember this: a 3-4 defense requires BETTER defensive linemen than a 4-3. Those three guys have to do most of the work of four, or else you just have a linebacker being blocked instead of a defensive lineman. If we had three linemen who could stand their own against NFL offensive lines - say, Bruce Smith, Ted Washington, and Phil Hansen or Ty Warren, Richard Seymour, and Vincent Cheapshot, we should think about it.

Right now, let's stick with the defense we've built and not have to rebuild it alongside our sad-sack offense. Our defense is 14th in points against and 12th in yards against, and that's despite some major injuries. We can fix it, we don't need a new one.

The defence might not be fantastic, or a "top 10" defence, but its been good enough to not be considered the teams problem like you have said. If the offence puts up points and does not rely on Lindell kicking FG's all day, the Bills win a couple of the games they lost. The Bills team has only had maybe 2-3 bad games all year. The rest of the time they have been good enough to make the Bills a playoff team.

The Defence doesn't need a complete overhaul right now, its the otherside of the ball that does