DICK Doesnt believe in practicing out doors WHAT!!???

Poeticlaw

"Trent Edwards made a minor reference to the weather in terms of affecting his passing, though he attributed more of his struggles to his groin and being unable to drive his hips into his throws as a result.

But the FOX broadcasters made a big deal about the fact that the Bills do not practice outside during the week. The truth is the Bills haven’t practiced outside once in the last two weeks.

Head coach Dick Jauron was asked if the team needs to practice outside more to be better prepared for the weather conditions they have to play in here in Buffalo.

Jauron believes the problems facing this team don’t involve the weather."

Buffalo is a cold windy city and wouldnt it be nice to take advantage of that. I have mentioned in previous post that Trent did not look like a cold weather QB baed on last season what i didnt know is that the HC was so soft on his players that he practices indoors and not outdoors. How are you going to beat the Jets or NE they both practice outdoors, How would you beat PITT another team that practices outdoors. You prepare your team for the conditions of the field we dont play in a a dome we play in an outdoor stadium which we have no advantage in in nov/dec/or Jan because you wont bring this team outdoors to practice don you think this team could use the COMPETITVE ADVANTAGE DICK?????? :huh:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Trent Edwards made a minor reference to the weather in terms of affecting his passing, though he attributed more of his struggles to his groin and being unable to drive his hips into his throws as a result.

But the FOX broadcasters made a big deal about the fact that the Bills do not practice outside during the week. The truth is the Bills haven’t practiced outside once in the last two weeks.

Head coach Dick Jauron was asked if the team needs to practice outside more to be better prepared for the weather conditions they have to play in here in Buffalo.

Buffalo is a cold windy city and wouldnt it be nice to take advantage of that. I have mentioned in previous post that Trent did not look like a cold weather QB baed on last season what i didnt know is that the HC was so soft on his players that he practices indoors and not outdoors. How are you going to beat the Jets or NE they both practice outdoors, How would you beat PITT another team that practices outdoors. You prepare your team for the conditions of the field we dont play in a a dome we play in an outdoor stadium which we have no advantage in in nov/dec/or Jan because you wont bring this team outdoors to practice don you think this team could use the COMPETITVE ADVANTAGE DICK?????? <_<

Another thing that I have notice from videos on the news is that Jauron has the team going through practices without out pads and "play acting hand offs". Do they do that all week?

I'm asking this question only because I don't know the answer. Do the Packers, Bears, Jets, Giants, Browns, etc. practice outside in the winter. If so, then what Jauron does as far as practicing is wrong. If not, it's a moot point. Also, I don't think the weather affected the game at all.

News flash: most good bad weather teams DON'T practice outside in bad weather. That's why the field house was built in the first place. The idea is that it's better to be able to practice crisply with good execution and you can't do that in bad weather. Doesn't matter what the weather holds for game time. Look no further than our own SB teams in the early nineties. Never practiced outside when the weather was such that it effected their preparations. Better to have good practices. That was Marv's credo as it is most coaches today.

GO BILLS!!!

That is indefensible. To play well in the cold you have to be used to it. To me, its just shocking really. Edwards clearly does poorly in the cold weather. We gave up against cleveland last year in that snowstorm. Its like the players, most of whom are not from snowy places, thought it was a fluke and a joke.

The poster above me says levy agrees with jauron. I have never heard anyone else who feels that way. Anyone from a cold place knows you have to get used to performing in cold weather.

That is indefensible. To play well in the cold you have to be used to it. To me, its just shocking really. Edwards clearly does poorly in the cold weather. We gave up against cleveland last year in that snowstorm. Its like the players, most of whom are not from snowy places, thought it was a fluke and a joke.

The poster above me says levy agrees with jauron. I have never heard anyone else who feels that way. Anyone from a cold place knows you have to get used to performing in cold weather.

I want a list of teams that routinely practice outside in crappy weather if they have indoor facilities like our field house. Most teams do now. Cold and sunny, no problem. Cold, windy, rainy? Makes absolutely NO SENSE to practice outside. Like I said, most teams don't. It's not even close.

GO BILLS!!!

I want a list of teams that routinely practice outside in crappy weather if they have indoor facilities like our field house. Most teams do now. Cold and sunny, no problem. Cold, windy, rainy? Makes absolutely NO SENSE to practice outside. Like I said, most teams don't. It's not even close.

GO BILLS!!!

Thank you.

GO BILLS!!!

The Colts practiced outside all week this week. EVERY DAY. Dungy was on Sirius NFL radio today and said they went outside to get acclimated to the weather so that there would be no surprises this week in Cleveland due to cold and wind.

They weren't great, but at least the weather didn't beat them.

There's one. I'm not sure how many other teams do it. I do know that Tony Dungy is a damn good coach though.

<_<

I remember the Packers were just steamrolling their way right into the NFC championship game and they didn't practice outside the week leading into the championship game and the Giants did and you could just tell GB didn't have a feel for that type of environment at all meanwhile the Giants looked pretty comfortable. Hell even in high school my coach made us practice outside at the end of the season and told us a story of how one year my school killed a team in the playoffs something like 42-0 and after the game was over my coach found out from the other coach that they had been practicing inside all week, his response was Why would you prepare in those conditions for the game, its not going to be played in the gym.

Buffalo is a cold windy city and wouldnt it be nice to take advantage of that. I have mentioned in previous post that Trent did not look like a cold weather QB baed on last season what i didnt know is that the HC was so soft on his players that he practices indoors and not outdoors. How are you going to beat the Jets or NE they both practice outdoors, How would you beat PITT another team that practices outdoors. You prepare your team for the conditions of the field we dont play in a a dome we play in an outdoor stadium which we have no advantage in in nov/dec/or Jan because you wont bring this team outdoors to practice don you think this team could use the COMPETITVE ADVANTAGE DICK?????? <_<

Frankly, I'm surprised Jauron admitted the team has problems. They're a solid 10-2 team by JauronBall rules.

Really, though...Jauron's right. The problems facing the team don't involve the weather. Lynch averaged 8.3 yards per carry against the Niners, and got the ball once in the fourth quarter. Practicing in a cold, blustery drizzle doesn't solve problems like that.

Well, unless the coaching staff gets virulent pneumonia and dies. Which may not be the worst thing that could happen to the Bills, from a competetive perspective.

Frankly, I'm surprised Jauron admitted the team has problems. They're a solid 10-2 team by JauronBall rules.

Really, though...Jauron's right. The problems facing the team don't involve the weather. Lynch averaged 8.3 yards per carry against the Niners, and got the ball once in the fourth quarter. Practicing in a cold, blustery drizzle doesn't solve problems like that.

Well, unless the coaching staff gets virulent pneumonia and dies. Which may not be the worst thing that could happen to the Bills, from a competetive perspective.

You think coaching could be a problem? <_<

Dearest k-9:

It has been my experience and first hand observation that playing well in cold temperatures requires acclimation to them. Especially in a contact sport like football that features passing and kicking. Getting used to throwing and receiving in different wind conditions and with slippery balls takes practice. Simply getting used to the added sting of hitting in the cold takes time. Science will tell us there are physical adaptations to exposure to cold weather that i am too lazy to enumerate. Those are sensible reasons to practice in the cold.

You have stated that most NFL teams do not practice in the cold. A reason for that may be that they do not practice in cold parts of the country.

Reasonable people may certainly disagree on this issue, but what I said did not make "NO SENSE".

I think the reason is that NFL teams are so wussy that a coach would face near mutiny if they asked their players to play outside in that scary weather.

Warm weather teams dont play well in the cold. http://www.advancednflstats.com/2007/11/nf...by-climate.html Perhaps you would be in favor of air conditioning their practice facilities a little?