3 Reasons Why Sabres are MUCH Better To Watch

They have a REAL coach instead of a Dick with no balls

They will actually have uniforms that don't resemble the CFL

And they have at least showed flashes of playing with some intensity when backs are against the wall.

The Bills have enough talent to win, the coaches are just too stupid to figure it out. It's called playing to your strengths you idiot Jauron. At least Losman spoke his mind after the game. That is more than anyone else in the losing organization can say!!

Except watching Ryan Miller go through some of his annual multi-game slumps is even more painful than watching Trent Edwards. Miller is paid like an elite player in the league.

I agree about the coach though. Ruff has no problem telling the player or the media when someone is playing like crap.

Well, aside from coaching, the teams are the same.

Neither has a championship

Both have key players who are deathly streaky and way overrated (miller and edwards)

Both are trying to win with youth (ie, see cheaply) and someone's old dirty laundry (Rivet and Teppo; Spencer, Stroud and Mitchell)

Both teams lack leadership (one traded them away for money's sake, the other has never had it)

And most importantly, both have bottomline driven owners who have made it clear that profit is more important than winning. Their combined belief is that they want to try to win cheaply and make a profit. Fine, it's a business, I understand it. But as fans, let's be honest about what we have. Two teams mired in perpetual medicocrity whol will foresake winning for a fgew extra bucks.

Once everyone buys into that truth, you'll have less stress and anxiety.

And RWS is worse, IMO, than Golisano. From what a close friend with connections said is that RWS makes abotu 20 mil per year on the Bills. And you can thank the taxpayers and fans (one and the same) for making sure he's profitable and the team sucks. Every big time FA they've had for as long as I can remember has been allowed to walk. They've been replaced by average at best talent who come cheaper. Cheap doesn't win. Neither does spending stupidly (ask Dan Synder) but a concerted effort to have a plan and stick to it would be a good start.

Drafting the best available player is not a plan. What that does is ensure constant turnover and lack of continuity. Think about it. The Bills took McGahee and cast aside Henry. Took Edwards and cast aside JP. While they were doing that, they ignored needs along both lines, at WR and at TE.

Best available = prevent defense.

I take it all back!!! Accept my apology.....the Sabres are just as painful to watch.......what in Gods name is going on in this city. What did the city of Boston ever do to deserve what is going on there??!!

Now the freakin' Bruins are going to win the Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I give up.......................

They have a REAL coach instead of a Dick with no balls

They will actually have uniforms that don't resemble the CFL

And they have at least showed flashes of playing with some intensity when backs are against the wall.

The Bills have enough talent to win, the coaches are just too stupid to figure it out. It's called playing to your strengths you idiot Jauron. At least Losman spoke his mind after the game. That is more than anyone else in the losing organization can say!!

They also have an owner who isn't a cheap mofo.

I have no idea what's wrong with the Sabres. How do you get 46 shots on net and come away with one goal?

It is perplexing, huh? I hate to say it, but I think both of our pro teams are a little on the "soft" side...I continue to wonder if he Sabres didn't spend a little foolishly on Ryan Miller. He may not be the "problem" with this team, but he certainly isn't the solution most nights...vetran defensemen taking stupid penalties...I may have to take a break from them for a week or so...between the Sabres and Bills this last month or so, I have to wonder why I bother sometimes...

I will cut the Sabres a little more slack, because it is a long season, and Lindy, has some track record of success. However, I do think that both teams have more than their fair share of ineptitude...tonights Sabres game was excruciating to watch. Max had one of the worst giveaways I have ever seen, in the last two minutes of the game.

I have no idea what's wrong with the Sabres. How do you get 46 shots on net and come away with one goal?

I think it has something to do with the "system"...The current "system" does not work with the current players...Looks like its playing to not lose to me....

I take it all back!!! Accept my apology.....the Sabres are just as painful to watch.......what in Gods name is going on in this city. What did the city of Boston ever do to deserve what is going on there??!!

Now the freakin' Bruins are going to win the Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I give up.......................

No they won't. GO SHARKS!

I'm sorry, but the hero-worship of Lindy has to stop. Outside of lucking into one of the greatest goaltenders of all time and playing in what amounts to a different league the first year out of the lockout, neither he nor Darcy has much to hang their hat on.

The team was actually building towards something when Darcy made the colossal blunders of choosing Max, Connolly, Kotalik, Tallinder and Spacek (via free agency) over Dumont, Grier, McKee... not to mention the players he's let walk for virtually nothing in return since.

As for Lindy, the past two years the team has had a substandard roster and actually NEEDED some serious coaching... and whether or not he's tried is irrelevant, the fact remains the team hasn't responded. They aren't that great to begin with (that's on Darcy), but they should be better and are under-performing to a degree we haven't even seen out of the Bills in recent memory (that's on Lindy).

I like Lindy and I generally like Darcy, but both should be on thin ice, as far as I'm concerned, and I wouldn't be opposed to making a change from either of them if this season isn't turned around. Of course, the Sabres are even more stagnant at an executive level than the Bills so nothing will change.

I never really cared for hockey until I seen the game out doors at The Ralph last year with the Sab's & Pen's, if hockey was played out doors more I'd watch it more often, Plus that's where it's made to be played. Also I went to watch some AHL game it was a Binghamton Senators game, I was really amazed by the speed and the balance those skaters had on the ice.

So the thing's id like hockey to have more of is out door games and more scoring.

It is perplexing, huh? I hate to say it, but I think both of our pro teams are a little on the "soft" side...I continue to wonder if he Sabres didn't spend a little foolishly on Ryan Miller. He may not be the "problem" with this team, but he certainly isn't the solution most nights...vetran defensemen taking stupid penalties...I may have to take a break from them for a week or so...between the Sabres and Bills this last month or so, I have to wonder why I bother sometimes...

I will cut the Sabres a little more slack, because it is a long season, and Lindy, has some track record of success. However, I do think that both teams have more than their fair share of ineptitude...tonights Sabres game was excruciating to watch. Max had one of the worst giveaways I have ever seen, in the last two minutes of the game.

You're right on about our sports teams. It's sad to say, but in my eyes as well both teams are pretty damn soft as a whole. As far as the Bills go, it starts with the head coach, and that has an effect on the entire team. At least the Sabres with Ruff are good at that spot, but they continue to bring in (normally from the draft) a bunch of soft European players who can "skate" but have very little ability to finish and very little desire to put their bodies on the line out there. Max is a perfect example of this. As is Kotalik IMO, who plays like he is about Roy's size rather than being 6'1 and almost 230. And he only skates when he wants to. He's Satan with less talent. There are actually probably more individual players I have a problem with on the Sabres than on the Bills, which is why I would love to see DJ outta here as soon as the season ends and an NFL-equivalent of Lindy Ruff brought in. Cowher, Spags, someone.