Jason Ball released

He's the Center from the Chargers. Held out during training camp for a bigger contract, then signed a one year deal...then apparently got released.

He does have some serious talent though, only a 3 year guy but was a bright spot on the Chargers O-Line and considered to be a great up and comer in the NFL. We definitely should sign him.

He's the Center from the Chargers.  Held out during training camp for a bigger contract, then signed a one year deal...then apparently got released.

He does have some serious talent though, only a 3 year guy but was a bright spot on the Chargers O-Line and considered to be a great up and comer in the NFL.  We definitely should sign him.

87356[/snapback]

Didn't they also cut another center, Kenal Jacox this past year? Who is their center?

Sign this guy - he's been a quality center for a few years.  Move Teague to right tackle when he returns, move Big Mike to left guard, and when JP returns in a couple of weeks he'll have enough protection to blossom into a great QB.

87346[/snapback]

Teauge has actually been a bright spot on the line this year. He's been one of the best players. Why screw that up?

Ball could play guard a well.  And I doubt the Bills get him anyway because he'd have to clear 12 teams (on waivers) first.

87391[/snapback]

Is the waiver wire based on last year's standings? If so, that's stupid. After 3-4 weeks it s/b the current year.

if we can get him great. but as much trash we talk about Teague, hes probubly our best lineman. we need a OG and a OT that can stay healthy.

M. Williams has to stop all those false starts.

Villarrial needs to be more consitant.

what happened to our god like O-Line coach???

What am I missing ? Teagues' play had improved and now Tucker is doing OK in his absence.

This is a crying NEED ???

87400[/snapback]

Yes Mark, it is a crying shame need. Don't you realize that all of this teams suckiness is due to the play of the O-line? <_< This guy could be our savior!

Jerry Ball is the answer.

Who's the former fat DT for the Lion's is the ?

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday

Ball was released because he held out for a big contract, and his replacement ended up playing very well. Again, my suggestion is to move Teague to RIGHT TACKLE, and move Big Mike to LEFT GUARD. This would give us the most athletic line we've had in years. Also, I'm not suggesting this will fix our season (which is over) - but I do think it would give us some positive momentum for next year, and keep JP alive in the process.