Trent's Groin

300yrds

Trent just allowed his Head Coach to bench him and then have him, Trent, LIE to the media about a fictitious groin injury that he couldn't even "remember" when it occurred??????? Trent's status with his teammates should plummet right there, because that shows a lack of guts. Jim Kelly would have QUIT before allowing his pansy assed Head Coach to do THAT to him. Face it. Trent gets crappy game plans, doesn't have the know-how to overcome the bad play calls with ballsy and intelligent audibles, and instead of persevering and LEARNING out there, he, like JP before him, bows his head and becomes as pansy assed as his Head Coach. A Head Coach who, for all intents and purposes, is Mike Mularkey's twin brother. Ralph sure knows how to fish the bottom of the barrel and drag his team down to the depths, doesn't he? He's a PRO at destroying the integrity of his own club, and then fly his private jet back HOME to DETROIT to forget about it and count his children's inheritance, as we, the true idiots, continue to buy his merchandise week after miserable week.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<_< some of you are idiots..........wait, almost all .....

So I'm the idiot because I point out JP never had 4 seasons to be the starter. As someone earlier has pointed out he had an injury in 2004 which limited him to only a few snaps at the end of the season. He appeared in 4 games that year. 2005 he played in 8 games. In case you've forgotten there are 16 games in an NFL season. So while on paper he has two seasons so far he actually only has a total of 12 games, which isn't even a full season. 2006 he gets a full season. Despite what people around here want to believe he didn't have an awful statistical season. 2007 he saw action in 8 games. So as you can see 4 seasons on paper, but only 36 games. That's a little more than 2 full seasons. By the way not all of them were full games, but I didn't feel like getting that in depth. Also you really should watch who you're calling an idiot. You come across like a real !@#$.

So I'm the idiot because I point out JP never had 4 seasons to be the starter. As someone earlier has pointed out he had an injury in 2004 which limited him to only a few snaps at the end of the season. He appeared in 4 games that year. 2005 he played in 8 games. In case you've forgotten there are 16 games in an NFL season. So while on paper he has two seasons so far he actually only has a total of 12 games, which isn't even a full season. 2006 he gets a full season. Despite what people around here want to believe he didn't have an awful statistical season. 2007 he saw action in 8 games. So as you can see 4 seasons on paper, but only 36 games. That's a little more than 2 full seasons. By the way not all of them were full games, but I didn't feel like getting that in depth. Also you really should watch who you're calling an idiot. You come across like a real !@#$.

Losman isn't the worst QB in the world. At the same time, is he any better than Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, and Alex Smith??? Qbs are supposed to improve with time. Losman still makes the same mistakes he did in his first season as a starter.

Losman isn't the worst QB in the world. At the same time, is he any better than Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, and Alex Smith??? Qbs are supposed to improve with time. Losman still makes the same mistakes he did in his first season as a starter.

Read my original post. I'm not defending Losman, but I was pointing out that while chronologically he got 4 seasons it wasn't 4 seasons of playing time as was claimed in the post I was responding to.

It's the lack of progress, or even regression, plus the lack of toughness and leadership skills that makes many of us feel he has strong bust potential...especially when you look at the success Ryan and Flacco are having as rookies. Hopefully he'll turn it around next year, but it's tough to have a lot of optimism the way he's looked this year.

I'd trade the Falcons WRs for the Bills WRs all day, including their RB for ours. Trent has looked just fine for a 2nd year pro and his progression from last year is going good.

I can't understand what Trent did yesterday that was that awful in consideration to the year he's built up. If what we need is a vet QB who can back him up and play "not to lose" then we already have that. Trent did nothing to lose that game with no sacks and no picks although he threw poorly.

If you think a QB is going to fix this team without a real #1 WR then keep dreaming.

JP is terrible. We should have tried Hamden against the lowly niners.
We would've seen the same results. Our coaches don"t allow our qbs to thow down field and take chances. They qbs are scared to make mistakes. Look at Romo, the guy will throw 5 int. againts us and is was still chucking them down field.Thats why they win when he is in there. Same with Farve,they take chances. I see that in Rogers. They succeed because they're not afraid to make mistakes. I think players rather play with QBs like that.

I see all the edwards supporters are still using the "trent is great because jp sucks" argument. if you want to see how young qb's are supposed to play, check out Ryan and Flacco, as well as big ben's rookie year
Big Bens rookie year they had a great defense, plus a good running game, putting lest pressure on big Ben. I think Ryan is doing good because they mix the run and pass well together. Also Flacco gets alot help with a great defense. Know, do we have a great defense? What about our running game? O' thats right when your running back runs good, you stop running. Great game planning.

Neither can Trent, are you seeing the pattern yet? :devil:

What I meant is...

I think Trent has engineered more gaming winning drives than JP... It is something... And it shows a lot more potential.

JP would have really helped himself if he could have taken the team down for a tieing TD... Not as easy as say TE's drive to beat OAK with a FG... But San Fran is an equally as sh*tty team as OAK... And given that JP has been put in more through the years... His task to prove himself once and for all should be harder.. Is a TD too to ask?

I would have even cut JP some slack if he made it to FG range... I know that would not have been enough to win... But, I would have cut him some slack... Except he only got to the Bills 14 yard line! :unsure::lol:

I can't believe nobody is putting this on our O-Line!!!!!!!

We saw the same thing again, rush 3, drop 8 (for the most part). I feel like I'm in the twilight zone...... QB is NOT the issue. The comparisons to Flacco and Ryan are boarderline retarded, look at their o-lines for the Falcons and Ravens. Those guys have real players in front of them who are blocking very well. They also have offensive creativity that allows their QB's more options. We lack an offensive line, as well as offensive creativity/balls. There's your problem right there.......

I'm not sure the offensive line can be blamed anymore. Until Losman came in they had the longest active streak for not giving up a sack. It was a good 4 game streak (since Butler came back). Lynch also is getting yards lately. Not running the ball like demons in the red zone is why I think we stall when we get to the red zone.

I'm not sure the offensive line can be blamed anymore. Until Losman came in they had the longest active streak for not giving up a sack. It was a good 4 game streak (since Butler came back). Lynch also is getting yards lately. Not running the ball like demons in the red zone is why I think we stall when we get to the red zone.

But don't you think dropping 8 and bringing 3 has a lot to do with both sacks and rushing yards? Those stats kind of prove my point. We're not adjusting to what defenses are doing. I guess some will argue that we're throwing too much, which isn't really the case but moreso WHEN we're throwing, but until we can make sensible adjustments during the actual game, we're not going to improve. And please don't tell me you've been happy with Preston's play this season. I agree that Peters has improved, but even Dockery isn't playing to his potential this year. Butler has been "o.k." as has Walker, but they're just not good enough. There's a huge difference when teams bring 5-6 then what we've been seeing lately, and even 3 guys can sometimes be too much for our line. They're soft, plain and simple.

You have a point I think to an extent. Preston hasn't been amazing but he's at least serviceable compared to Fowler. I really hope the Bills pick up Alex Mack in the draft. The guy is an absolute beast and has played with Lynch before.

One thing I'm really aggravated with though. We simply do not run in the 4th quarter. Not to a meaningful extent. With the run game we have, I really think if we ran the ball in the 4th we'd blow open games. A huge line like ours, even if they suck, takes a lot of energy to line up against for 4 quarters. They're huge. Lynch makes anyone tired cause he doesn't understand what "tackled" means.

So in that sense, I really think the coaches are ignoring the areas where the o-line might have shined in past games. I'm not sure if it's true, but I'm pretty sure on two separate occasions now I've heard of people at the games noticing the o-line getting *very* worked up at DJ because the second we got into the red zone (even if we ran the whole way there) he would back off the run. I'm sure they're just over it at some point if our coach is that much of a twat about it.

From yesterday's PC, it seemed pretty clear that Trent Edwards pulled Trent Edwards out of the game because he had severely aggravated a groin injury at the end of the first half and the half-time treatments couldn't touch it. There was even doubt he'd be able to practice this week.

It might be the case that this groin thing has been going on for quite some time and has been affecting Edwards play. A different sort of concussion...

From yesterday's PC, it seemed pretty clear that Trent Edwards pulled Trent Edwards out of the game because he had severely aggravated a groin injury at the end of the first half and the half-time treatments couldn't touch it. There was even doubt he'd be able to practice this week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Here's the link from NFL.com today.

Trent just allowed his Head Coach to bench him and then have him, Trent, LIE to the media about a fictitious groin injury that he couldn't even "remember" when it occurred??????? Trent's status with his teammates should plummet right there, because that shows a lack of guts. Jim Kelly would have QUIT before allowing his pansy assed Head Coach to do THAT to him. Face it. Trent gets crappy game plans, doesn't have the know-how to overcome the bad play calls with ballsy and intelligent audibles, and instead of persevering and LEARNING out there, he, like JP before him, bows his head and becomes as pansy assed as his Head Coach. A Head Coach who, for all intents and purposes, is Mike Mularkey's twin brother. Ralph sure knows how to fish the bottom of the barrel and drag his team down to the depths, doesn't he? He's a PRO at destroying the integrity of his own club, and then fly his private jet back HOME to DETROIT to forget about it and count his children's inheritance, as we, the true idiots, continue to buy his merchandise week after miserable week.

"he, like JP before him, bows his head and becomes as pansy assed as his Head Coach." What are you talking about? JP was CRITICIZED on this board for calling out the coaching staff in the past. He knows this is his last year in Buffalo, so he has kept quiet this year, so as not to be a CANCER as he has been accused of by some IDIOTS on this board.