Jauron won't be fired until the end of the season

Jerry Jabber

Hate to say it, but every time we've had a terrible head coach and GM over the last 10 years, he has not been fired until the end of the year. Gregg Williams, end of the year. Tom Donahoe, end of the year.

The last time I remember a HC being fired during the year was Hank Bullough. I hope Ralph is at that point where he would fire Jauron now, but unfortunately, I don't think that will happen.

Dick's contract WAS EXTENDED. As much as he sucks, he's not going anywhere.

Was it really? I've never heard of a contract extension for any coach or player in any major sports league that was not confirmed by either party. "Sources and rumors" are all we have as proof.

If it was extended, then why hasn't the team made an official announcement yet? Besides that, Chicago gave Jauron an extension as HC, then fired him at the end of the season.

Coach's contracts are guaranteed. If Ralph wanted to fire Dick, he would have to buy out the contract. I don't see Ralph Wilson EVER buying 3 years of a coach's contract THEN hiring another on top of that. We're stuck with skeletor because someone, for some reason thought that it was urgent to lock him down. As if the rest of the league were clamoring to steal him away from us.

It's only guaranteed as long as DJ doesn't get hired by another team. If he gets hired by someone then RW is only on the hook for the difference between what his contract in Buffalo paid and what he's making elsewhere. In that respect RW's being cheap helps him as if he were to go to another team as say a coordinator, it may pay close to what he was getting here in Bufflao as the HC.

Coach's contracts are guaranteed.

It's only guaranteed as long as DJ doesn't get hired by another team. If he gets hired by someone then RW is only on the hook for the difference between what his contract in Buffalo paid and what he's making elsewhere. In that respect RW's being cheap helps him as if he were to go to another team as say a coordinator, it may pay close to what he was getting here in Bufflao as the HC.

So, if Ken West JV hires him, Ralphie owes him the difference?

That's true, but do you see any team longing for dick on their staff? Maybe as secondary coach.