Marty Schottenheimer

Simon

Pardon me but why in the hell would you want Marty "I've never won a game that mattered" Schottenheimer? So he gets you to the playoff's only to lose there in front of the entire nation, instead of just the home town audience....what's the point? I guess maybe to sell tickets and suck people into the lie?

It's nice in November to not have to think about when the Bills will get knocked out of the playoffs - sure the SB years were fun until the actual SB started....then it felt like sh_t until the next year....this way, the Bills go the way of the other 20 teams that don't make the playoffs, we all get an extra three hours back on Sundays...it's a win win...

Read above. Several people gave the reasons. You might not like 'em, but why ask what the reasons are, after they've been articulated clearly above?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Somehow, seeing the games makes me believe there is enough talent to sport a better record than what we have now. We may be missing a couple of pieces to being a dominant team but certainly had enough to beat at least the Browns and 49ers.

Sure this team has enough to beat the Browns and 49ers... but that's not saying a whole lot. This team, from a personnel standpoint is still many notches below that of a playoff caliber team.

Pardon me but why in the hell would you want Marty "I've never won a game that mattered" Schottenheimer? So he gets you to the playoff's only to lose there in front of the entire nation, instead of just the home town audience....what's the point? I guess maybe to sell tickets and suck people into the lie?

It's nice in November to not have to think about when the Bills will get knocked out of the playoffs - sure the SB years were fun until the actual SB started....then it felt like sh_t until the next year....this way, the Bills go the way of the other 20 teams that don't make the playoffs, we all get an extra three hours back on Sundays...it's a win win...

I dunno, maybe the fact that he has won 150 games in the league versus our current coach with a 35% career winning percentage. I hardly blame Marty for fumbles by his runners as they are heading in for game winning scores in Cleveland's playoff games. He led SD to its best season in 30 years and lost to a team that won 3 rings in 5 years.

Ralph would never pay him anyway.

Marty Schottenheimer has the playoff record that he does, because he has coached very flawed teams that overachieved in very good divisions. In KC, his best QB situation was Joe Montana at the end of his career. He had Steve DeBerg, Dave Kreig, Rich Gannon, Elvis Grbac and a bunch of WR's who were terrible....J.J. Birden? Please! His competition included the likes of John Elway, arguably the best QB ever. He lost to the Bills in the playoffs because we were stocked with hall of fame players at key positions.

That said, Schottenheimer would NEVER come to Buffalo

That said, Schottenheimer would NEVER come to Buffalo

Because he likes glamour cities like Cleveland/KC or because he likes hands off owners like Dan Snyder?

Seriously, stop with the inferiority complex.

Whether Ralph would open the checkbook is of course the biggest issue.

Ok, here's the deal... :blink:

Give me 5 billion, I buy the team and fire the entire coaching staff. Russell K. Brandon goes back to being business guru. Hire Bill Cowher at 10 million per year over 7 years...he has full reign over hirings, with hints of trying to get Schottenheimer as the OC.

The name of the stadium is changed to Buffalo Bills Stadium.

Sure this team has enough to beat the Browns and 49ers... but that's not saying a whole lot. This team, from a personnel standpoint is still many notches below that of a playoff caliber team.

If we did beat those teams, we would be 8-4 and likely well on our way to the playoffs. In any case, I used those specific games only as examples. I stick by my point that we are underacheiving as a team.

I would back Marty 100%. A few comments from San Diego players...

Even as the Chargers were winning their first two playoff games since 1995, including last January’s stirring road upset of the defending champion Indianapolis Colts, some San Diego players were concerned about the team’s inability to get the tough yards on short-yardage runs. That complaint has intensified in ‘08 as the Chargers, with Turner gone and Tomlinson’s numbers down, have struggled to blow opponents off the ball.

“They’ve lost their identity,” Baltimore Ravens fullback Lorenzo Neal, who played for the Chargers from 2003-07 before being waived last winter, said late Sunday night. “All the players who put together those great seasons are still there, but they’re not having the same results. Under Marty, the mentality was win, lose or draw we’re coming at you, with runs, play-action and leads and draws. Now they are a passive, finesse team.”

Story Link