Fire Jauron

drg2021

I thought overall we played well. Dick Jauron's style of coaching might be unusual, but you can't deny it's effectiveness. The players obviously feed off his "don't let anything bother you" approach. The team seemed very well prepared, and except for a few bad calls by the Ref's we were in position to win the game. In addition I thought the way we abandoned going to Lynch on the last couple drives, had a noticeable effect on the 49er's defense. They were confused and sitting back on their heels. Lastly, I couldn't believe how comfortable JP looked in the pocket. No doubt he will be offered a starting job next year, and we will sadly see another great player leave town.

Ralph? That you?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The words denial and me are synonymous, but after today, I have realized that Dick Jauron is just inadequate as a head coach. I know it is difficult for a team to adjust to a whole new system, but just look at the Falcons, Ravens, and Redskins this year. Maybe Ralph Wilson, in the twilight of his career, will realize that using food stamps for head coaches does not get you the best. Ralph does get his money's worth with his coaches, but his money spent is mediocre; maybe he should actually give a proven head coach good money.

Some legitimate head coaching candidates:

Bill Cowher

Brian Billick

Steve Mariucci

Jim Fassel

Andy Reid (if he gets canned)

Mike Shanahan (see Andy Reid)

Marty Schottenheimer

Jason Garrett

Fire DJ on Monday, then...

yes

yes

yes

yes

yes

yes

yes

and

yes

Guess I was dead on about Dick's inability to be a good NFL head coach. Unfortunately it's a sad and empty feeling.

:blink:

Whenever Jauron gets fired, whether it be this year or next year, the next time we hire a headcoach I am going to go onto the teams message boards where the coach came. I remember when we hired Meathead, the pittsburgh board was laughing their asses off. I called it sour grapes at the time but they obviously knew he would be a collasal failure. When we hired Dickhead, the bears board was laughing their asses off. Now we know why, this guy sucks.

Well, if we continue to let Ralph hire perennial LOSERS, rather than guys like Cowher, who will COST money because they WIN, then we deserve the catcalls from the other cities. Just think if DJ gets hired somewhere else in three years how many Bills fans will be clamboring to get a good laugh in.

Well, if we continue to let Ralph hire perennial LOSERS, rather than guys like Cowher, who will COST money because they WIN, then we deserve the catcalls from the other cities. Just think if DJ gets hired somewhere else in three years how many Bills fans will be clamboring to get a good laugh in.

The one thing I will never understand is Wilson has no problem dishing out $5mill per year for a bum like Kelsay but he will not pony up the money for a decent headcoach.

The one thing I will never understand is Wilson has no problem dishing out $5mill per year for a bum like Kelsay but he will not pony up the money for a decent headcoach.

The salary cap forces Ralph to dish out a set amount of salaries whether he likes it or not (if he does not like it he can make a free choice not to be an owner and to make the huge profits which come along with labor peace).

HC salaries however simply come out of the enormous profits. Thus he seems happy to leave the details of player salary amounts to someone he trusts (though he has folks he has trusted like Butler, Wade-O, and others before so we can see how far his trust goes), but reverts to his old skin flint habits when it comes to HCs.

After the Cleveland game I texted my daughter and told her I was officially on the Dick is a Moron bandwagon. I've since jumped off and am now on the Dick must be fired bandwagon. On the one hand, the team is close. We're right there in position to win but don't often enough. On the other hand it's hard to argue that 20-24 over 2 3/4 seasons is getting it done. I don't see how we can win win this guy. He want to play conservative and win it in the end. What a stupid philosophy. I want a coach that wants to score 30 points a game and give up 14 to 20. I want a coach that wants to have it pretty much sewn up by the start of the 4th quarter. K Mitchell said it a few weeks ago. We need to get aggressive.

We need a new coach that can take what we've got, which good, and move us into a playoff team. I don't want a coach that has to bring in his "system" and will take 3 years to get his kind of players in. I want a coach who can look at what we've got and figure out a better way to make us win.

I want a real head coach with winning experience. I've listed my choices in order:

Marty Schottenheimer

Brian Billick

Jim Fassel

Steve Mariucci

We also need a real QB who has played a half dozen years and already knows how to read defenses and learned on somebody else's dime. Someone who commands respect from the team because he's done it. Let's see if we can trade for Donavan McNabb. Philly's getting tired of him. Or, let's see who's available in the off season. I'm tired of fooling around with rookies. In the era of free agency, we don't have to do this anymore. Remember the last two guys that led us to playoffs/winning seasons were free agents. Flutie and Beldsoe.

The words denial and me are synonymous, but after today, I have realized that Dick Jauron is just inadequate as a head coach. I know it is difficult for a team to adjust to a whole new system, but just look at the Falcons, Ravens, and Redskins this year. Maybe Ralph Wilson, in the twilight of his career, will realize that using food stamps for head coaches does not get you the best. Ralph does get his money's worth with his coaches, but his money spent is mediocre; maybe he should actually give a proven head coach good money.

Some legitimate head coaching candidates:

Bill Cowher

Brian Billick

Steve Mariucci

Jim Fassel

Andy Reid (if he gets canned)

Mike Shanahan (see Andy Reid)

Marty Schottenheimer

Jason Garrett

I think Mariucci or Schottneheimer are great choices. Schotty's hard-nosed, blue-collar like demeanor would make him more of a 'Buffalo=guy'. He'd get our asses in gear and hire a top notch offensive coordinator...one who knows how to call a game with some flow to it; more aggressive in the red-zone.

I couldn't agree more about your comment regarding the need for Ralph to hire an A-list coach. Someone who will set the a winning tone for the team and create a true winning mindset. Enough mediocrity PLEASE!!!!

One other thing to ponder: where was the Kavika Mithcell blitz today?

I like the thought of McNab as a Bill; he could win another couple Super Bowls and light it up with Lee Evans.

The rebuilding continues...

We lose to Cleveland and San Fran AT home.

And

We cant even figure out how to use the Buffalo weather to our advantage.

Fire Dick now.

I have a suspicion that is Dick does get canned after resigning (very unlike Ralph), could that mean that a sale is imminent and that the new owner AKA Jim Kelly has also seen enough????

The only way the Bills would fire Jauron is for thousands of fans to say they will stop being Bills fans, turn in unused season tickets, and give away all of their Bills gear to charity. Will not happen so all of the "Fire Jauron" posting is just hot air.

Firing DJ would be a huge mistake. The players play for him. We are better than we were last year or even two years ago. We are a young team. We will have our ups and downs. But starting over is not the answer. Giving our coaches talent and depth to work with is. This season is not over yet. The sky has not fallen.

The only way the Bills would fire Jauron is for thousands of fans to say they will stop being Bills fans, turn in unused season tickets, and give away all of their Bills gear to charity. Will not happen so all of the "Fire Jauron" posting is just hot air.

The "hot air" is coming from fans like yourself who still think this guy is keeping his job. Jauron's team IS going to end up 6-10 and he IS going to be fired. Mark my words, gird your loins, Ralph is going to be one pissed off NFL owner at season's end. Wilson has a temper and his fuse will be more than lit to kick Jauron's fanny out the door.

The "hot air" is coming from fans like yourself who still think this guy is keeping his job. Jauron's team IS going to end up 6-10 and he IS going to be fired. Mark my words, gird your loins, Ralph is going to be one pissed off NFL owner at season's end. Wilson has a temper and his fuse will be more than lit to kick Jauron's fanny out the door.

Your high. Ralph just signed him to an extension.which means that if he fires him now he would have to eat the contract and continue to pay him,meanwhile hiring another head coach and pay him also...not gonna happen IMO