McNabb Benched

RLflutie7

I can think of several QBs that deserve the Hall of Fame way before McNabb. It's a yearly thing with McNabb defending himself for his subpar performance.

Those QBs are as follows: Jim Plunkett, Ken Stabler, Joe Theisman, Dave Kreig, Kurt Warner. I could go on and on.

Answer me this question: Has Dononvan McNabb ever thrown for over 30 TDs in a season and how many times?

Why is he so inaccurate?

He's played well this season, except the last two games and at the end of games, but he's improved and he's stopped his stupid running like a running back.

Kerry Collins, I don't think he's ever done that either (30 TDs), and he's always been a passing QB. with multiple seasons of over 500 attempts.

Why hasn't anyone here challenged me on black QBs running too much?

Because the yardage gained and attempts speak for themselves.

Yes he has, he threw 31 back in 2004.

Why is this the season you compliment him on? His QB rating is 81.1 and his completion percentage is 49.1. Both of those are the lowest of his career. This is the worst he's ever played, so why do you insist he's having a good season?

Over his career, he's rushed for 5.9 yards a carry. How, in your mind, is that "stupid running"?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this the season you compliment him on? His QB rating is 81.1 and his completion percentage is 49.1. Both of those are the lowest of his career. This is the worst he's ever played, so why do you insist he's having a good season?

Over his career, he's rushed for 5.9 yards a carry. How, in your mind, is that "stupid running"?

Actually, I was wrong, his completion % this year is 58.8.

He's spread the ball around this year, like I haven't seen in the past. He doesn't look at just one receiver and he doens't hold the ball forever.

And in 2004 he had one of the least amount of rushing attempts he's had in a season and they went to the Superbowl that year, didn't they.

So, my point is proven, when he stopped the running and looked to throw the ball instead, he did better. A lot of people say TO helped him and he did, so yes the wideouts were a problem early in his career.

He's spread the ball around this year, like I haven't seen in the past. He doesn't look at just one receiver and he doens't hold the ball forever.

And in 2004 he had one of the least amount of rushing attempts he's had in a season and they went to the Superbowl that year, didn't they.

So, my point is proven, when he stopped the running and looked to throw the ball instead, he did better. A lot of people say TO helped him and he did, so yes the wideouts were a problem early in his career.

At this point, i have no clue what you are even arguing about anymore. The original premise of the thread was dumb as hell, and since you got called out, your post topics have been spasming back and forth like an epileptic.

At this point, i have no clue what you are even arguing about anymore. The original premise of the thread was dumb as hell, and since you got called out, your post topics have been spasming back and forth like an epileptic.

whateverthehellyoudo don't ask him about the broncos.

Exactly...dudes posts are all over the place and have no substance what so ever.

Ask any GM in the league to name the 5 best QB's of the last 6 or 7 years and I guarantee most, if not all of them, include McNabb on that list. Hes has done more with less than just about every QB in this league. Put him on a team that has the talent Indy, Dal, or the Pats have on offense and he is an MVP candidate every year. Yet, he still carried the team despite having 1/3 the talent on offense those teams had.

He even took them to 4 straight NFC Title games and one Super Bowl despite having a good WR only 1 year in his career. And how about that Superbowl run? He didnt even have TO for any playoff games before the Superbowl and he carried the Eagles on his back through the playoffs and into the Superbowl where they came up just short against a more talented overall team.

Not to mention he has been the perfect professional despite all the crap he has endured.

He came into the league weighing 220. He lost weight this year, but he still looks bigger than linebackers weighing 260. T.O. was right, he got tired in the super bowl. Having said all that, he is a solid qb in a slump.

Exactly...dudes posts are all over the place and have no substance what so ever.

Ask any GM in the league to name the 5 best QB's of the last 6 or 7 years and I guarantee most, if not all of them, include McNabb on that list. Hes has done more with less than just about every QB in this league. Put him on a team that has the talent Indy, Dal, or the Pats have on offense and he is an MVP candidate every year. Yet, he still carried the team despite having 1/3 the talent on offense those teams had.

He even took them to 4 straight NFC Title games and one Super Bowl despite having a good WR only 1 year in his career. And how about that Superbowl run? He didnt even have TO for any playoff games before the Superbowl and he carried the Eagles on his back through the playoffs and into the Superbowl where they came up just short against a more talented overall team.

Not to mention he has been the perfect professional despite all the crap he has endured.

My posts are not all over the place and have plenty of substance. No one has called me on the rush attempt arguement because it's true. McNabb has gained a lot of yardage on the ground. More so than most NFL QBs.

I gave Donovan his due with the low interceptions and I'll give him his due with arm strength and the fact that he's developed as a player.

He came into the league weighing 220. He lost weight this year, but he still looks bigger than linebackers weighing 260. T.O. was right, he got tired in the super bowl. Having said all that, he is a solid qb in a slump.

He seems to go into a slump every year.

Maybe if the media would leave the guy alone. Most players put up 4 to 5 bad games a year.

My problem is the media has acted like he was flawless, when he was a younger player.

Since all those championship game losses the media has been less kind.

And you can thank Rush Limbaugh for that. He got the media to be more accountable for their coverage of MnNabb, fair or unfair.

My posts are not all over the place and have plenty of substance. No one has called me on the rush attempt arguement because it's true. McNabb has gained a lot of yardage on the ground. More so than most NFL QBs.

I gave Donovan his due with the low interceptions and I'll give him his due with arm strength and the fact that he's developed as a player.

What about his rushing? He was an early rushing QB, then developed into a pocket passer. The same way McNair was a rushing QB in his early years then only scrambled when he had to.

Him be a rushing QB is irrelevant...McNabb is now more in the mold of Steve Young in terms of rushing. They are dangerous when they do take off, have the talent to make something happen when they are forced out of the pocket, but look at rushing as the last option before making a pass.

So enough about the rushing stuff...McNabb is a drop back passer who can scramble when forced to. I would start this guy on our team over Trent hands down right now, there wouldnt even be a QB competition. If Trent can develop and be 80% as good as McNabb then we will have a pretty darn good QB for the next 10 years.

By the way...he makes his teammates better...Look at Stallworth...this guy has been a non factor and non existent on every team hes played for, but one year in Phi with McNabb he became one of the most dangerous players on the field. If he hadnt missed some time with a hamstring injury he would have been a Pro Bowler hands down. Since, he has done squat...NE didnt even want to keep him around, now he is a ghost AS A STARTER in Cleveland.

What about Todd Pinkston? When was the last time you heard his name? His last year starting with McNabb. What about James Thrash? When was he ever relevant? When he started with McNabb. Reggie Brown? This guy cant run a route to save his life yet McNabb made him a threat on the field. Now he cant even get back on the field. How about Kevin Curtis? Never more than a #3 WR and last year became a #1 WR under McNabb and had his best year. Look at T.O. too. His most leathal year was playing with McNabb.

This guy has done more with nothing than any other QB in the league. If he would have had a WR core of Bolding and Fitz, Housh and Johnson, Moss and Welker, Evans and Moulds, Harrision and Wayne, etc. etc. then this guy would not only have his ring, likely have multiple rings and more than one MVP on his mantle.

With this garbage he is forced to field year after year, he still got his team to 4 straight NFC title games and a Super Bowl.

What about his rushing? He was an early rushing QB, then developed into a pocket passer. The same way McNair was a rushing QB in his early years then only scrambled when he had to.

Him be a rushing QB is irrelevant...McNabb is now more in the mold of Steve Young in terms of rushing. They are dangerous when they do take off, have the talent to make something happen when they are forced out of the pocket, but look at rushing as the last option before making a pass.

So enough about the rushing stuff...McNabb is a drop back passer who can scramble when forced to. I would start this guy on our team over Trent hands down right now, there wouldnt even be a QB competition. If Trent can develop and be 80% as good as McNabb then we will have a pretty darn good QB for the next 10 years.

You just said what I said in the first post of this thread.

I said that I thought Dononvan McNabb was Vince Young before Vince Young became Vince Young.

I'm saying that McNabb has developed into a pocket passer, more so than at any time in his career.

I'm saying he should have been benched earlier in his career . . . when he rushed for all the yards at the expense of learning how to throw the ball.

And yes, I said the WR's are an issue and were an issue in his career.

The same thing happened to Elway . . . Look at Elway's career . . . I could make of list of about 50 WR's that played with Elway and yes Elway took a long time to develop and he took major lumps from the media. Not everyone was a John Elway fan in the media.

It was mostly Dan Reeves, and it was partly Elway's fault that things didn't go so well. It wasn't until Wade Phillips came that Elway really made strides in the passing game . . . which was 10 years into his career.

I went to Philly.com and the people there blame "McFailure" or "McFraud" for his short comings but they also lay into Andy Reid for his stupid play calling and a lack of quality running game.

You just said what I said in the first post of this thread.

I said that I thought Dononvan McNabb was Vince Young before Vince Young became Vince Young.

I'm saying that McNabb has developed into a pocket passer, more so than at any time in his career.

I'm saying he should have been benched earlier in his career . . . when he rushed for all the yards at the expense of learning how to throw the ball.

And yes, I said the WR's are an issue and were an issue in his career.

The same thing happened to Elway . . . Look at Elway's career . . . I could make of list of about 50 WR's that played with Elway and yes Elway took a long time to develop and he took major lumps from the media. Not everyone was a John Elway fan in the media.

It was mostly Dan Reeves, and it was partly Elway's fault that things didn't go so well. It wasn't until Wade Phillips came that Elway really made strides in the passing game . . . which was 10 years into his career.

I went to Philly.com and the people there blame "McFailure" or "McFraud" for his short comings but they also lay into Andy Reid for his stupid play calling and a lack of quality running game.

Good call on McNabb. Definitely should have benched him for Kolb last night. What a bum!

imo he gave away the super bowl. those interceptions were inexcusable, and it seemed like rodney harrison was the intended receiver on them.

So I guess that guy on the banner should be blamed for at least 2 Super Bowl losses. Kelly, love the guy, was arguably one of the worst Super Bowl QBs ever.