Jabari Greer welcome to your new role in the nickel D...

Big Turk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

McGee is a better corner than Greer. McGee has all the stats on his side... YPA, success %, targets, etc...

McGee is good. The problem is he can't stay healthy. The guy is constantly nagged by joint injuries. He doesn't miss that many games, but he comes out of a lot of them or has to play hobbled. He can cover and he can take the ball away, but IMO he'd be more effective with less snaps.

The Bills would be wise to look at McGee/Greer/McKelvin as a 3 man rotation with Reggie Corner as the backup and keep that unit intact. Otherwise, don't be surprised if they are back at the trough in the first round in a couple years to find someone to start opposite McKelvin.

I've been saying that since last year now. Playing cornerback isn't just about how many interceptions you get. Jabari is a better player than McGee.

WTF?

Greer is not better the Mcgee. Mcgee is one of the best CB's in the league. There is a reason why he is put on every elite WR when we play them. He shut down Moss, Braylon Edwards, etc...

You guys are nuts. Let Greer walk since Mcgee already has a contract and give Leodis Greer's spot.

WTF?

Greer is not better the Mcgee. Mcgee is one of the best CB's in the league. There is a reason why he is put on every elite WR when we play them. He shut down Moss, Braylon Edwards, etc...

You guys are nuts. Let Greer walk since Mcgee already has a contract and give Leodis Greer's spot.

McGee gets beaten consistently, Greer does not. Teams barely even throw at Greer. When you talk about a corner, that's a good thing. Think about how often you see Terrence McGee give up 10, 15, 20 yard completions in front of his coverage (cite the following opponents: Arizona, Miami, the Jets, NE, Cleveland). You almost never see Greer give up those kinds of plays. In addition, I cannot condone the benching of a player that has twice this season provided a defensive touchdown when the Bills were down in the fourth quarter.

In my opinion, the Bills' best defensive backfield would feature Greer and McKelvin at corner. McGee has always, in my opinion, had a skill set that greater lent itself to Free Safety. In fact, he played there for 1 season at NW State. He takes very good deep angles to the ball and is a strong tackler. He would make a very formidable safety cohort for Whitner.

But I digress, if you're calling for a starting corner to come off the field, Greer's the wrong one.

McGee gets beaten consistently, Greer does not. Teams barely even throw at Greer. When you talk about a corner, that's a good thing. Think about how often you see Terrence McGee give up 10, 15, 20 yard completions in front of his coverage (cite the following opponents: Arizona, Miami, the Jets, NE, Cleveland). You almost never see Greer give up those kinds of plays. In addition, I cannot condone the benching of a player that has twice this season provided a defensive touchdown when the Bills were down in the fourth quarter.

In my opinion, the Bills' best defensive backfield would feature Greer and McKelvin at corner. McGee has always, in my opinion, had a skill set that greater lent itself to Free Safety. In fact, he played there for 1 season at NW State. He takes very good deep angles to the ball and is a strong tackler. He would make a very formidable safety cohort for Whitner.

But I digress, if you're calling for a starting corner to come off the field, Greer's the wrong one.

You missed the point where Mcgee is always covering the best WR on the field. When you face Moss, Edwards, Fitzgerald, etc.. they are going to make plays.

You missed the point where Mcgee is always covering the best WR on the field. When you face Moss, Edwards, Fitzgerald, etc.. they are going to make plays.

Actually quite often, they have put Greer on the marquee guys. He does an admirable job against those guys, think last vs. Dallas where ripped the ball away from T.O. on the 2pt conversion.

They are both pretty good and it would pay to keep Greer and try to hold on to Mcgee after next year too, Simpson really sucked out there today. I wouldn't mind TMc over there, the speed he showed on that run from behind tackle was pretty sick. We do have Francise tags and these guys are good reason to used it. I also think Youbooty if he comes back in decent shape and shows what he was showing earlier in the year could help make the DS the best in the leauge.

I thought genii was the plural form of "genie". Maybe it's both. But I just love it when somebody makes a grammatical mistake in a post where they're trying to call somebody else stupid. It's just delicious irony.

He didn't make a mistake as either can be used.

The plural of Genie is(unless I'm mistaken)......either Genies, Jann or Genii(Pronounced differently to the plural of Genius. Genie pluralized sounding Gene-i. Genius pluralized sounding Gene-e-i)

Interestingly the plural of the original Djinn(which Genie was derived from) is either Djinn or Djinns.

In his after game P.C. Jauron said it's most likely that Greer will keep his job. He pointed out that three CB's are needed a lot in this league.

Typical Jauron comment. You know what else is needed in this league? A good coach and good Offensive and Defensive Lines!! But, oh yea, having 3 real good corner backs is top priority.

No, I condsidered whom they've each matched up against, and that's not correct. McGee does not always cover the best WR on the field. He covers whomever lines up across from them, since the Bills play a cover 2 zone defense.

The way the Bills typically play their defense, each corner plays on one side of the field. They don't typically go man-on-man to the point where one corner follows a receiver around the field. If McGee goes against the opposition's number one target, that means the opponent is doing it by design, and most likely doing it for a reason.

They are both pretty good and it would pay to keep Greer and try to hold on to Mcgee after next year too, Simpson really sucked out there today. I wouldn't mind TMc over there, the speed he showed on that run from behind tackle was pretty sick. We do have Francise tags and these guys are good reason to used it. I also think Youbooty if he comes back in decent shape and shows what he was showing earlier in the year could help make the DS the best in the leauge.

Per Adam Schefter of the NFL Network, the franchise tag value for a corner in next year's FA class is estimated to be over $13 million for one year. That's unbelievably impractical.

He does have 2 TD's this year, but they were both throws that the QB basically threw it right to Greer, not on a play that Greer actually made to intercept a well thrown pass.

You kind of have to be in position to intercept a football. Then, of course, you have to catch it. And, to score a touchdown, you have to beat the remainder of the players on the field to the end zone. It's not exactly as though he did it by accident.

This team sorely lacks defensive playmakers. To get rid, or even limit the playing time, of a guy that's accounted for two of the team's three defensive touchdowns seems kind of nuts to me. A good coach should be able to find a way to get all 3 of them on the field at the same time (i.e. McGee at FS).