Do the Bills Draft a ...............................

H2o

You have Sam Bradford, Chase Daniel, Graham Harrell, Tim Tebow (possibly), and Colt McCoy (possibly) that are going to be in next year's upcoming draft. If TrINT continues his path the rest of the season and say we finish 7-9, do we take a QB with our 1st Round pick? Whom would you spend a 1st round selection on? I'd spend one on McCoy, Harrell, or Bradford, but only McCoy in the top 10 picks. I'd hope that he fell into our hands, but wouldn't be too disappointed with Harrell either. Bradford seems to be a good QB, but I'm not completely sold on him. He has first round talent though. My choices would either be McCoy (1st) or Harrell (2nd).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look! A crusade!

You have Sam Bradford, Chase Daniel, Graham Harrell, Tim Tebow (possibly), and Colt McCoy (possibly) that are going to be in next year's upcoming draft. If TrINT continues his path the rest of the season and say we finish 7-9, do we take a QB with our 1st Round pick? Whom would you spend a 1st round selection on? I'd spend one on McCoy, Harrell, or Bradford, but only McCoy in the top 10 picks. I'd hope that he fell into our hands, but wouldn't be too disappointed with Harrell either. Bradford seems to be a good QB, but I'm not completely sold on him. He has first round talent though. My choices would either be McCoy (1st) or Harrell (2nd).

Umm McCoy isn't a first round pick at all. Tebow and Daniels will not be close to the first round. Matt Stafford may be the only QB taken in Round 1 this year unless Harrell comes out and Stafford would be a top 3 pick.

Harrell's a Senior and have you actually seen Colt McCoy play? :unsure: The guy is completing almost 80% of his passes against Big 12 competition and is the team's leading rusher. He IS the Texas' offense. You can't be serious. Stafford's a Junior as well and would have to take the leap of faith.

I think they absolutely need to take a QB in day 1. Probably not round 1 though, as they have too many

other needs (DE, O-line, WR), and the Bills aren't ready to pull the plug on TrINT just yet.

They may take more small, fragile DB's however.

Harrell's a Senior and have you actually seen Colt McCoy play? :unsure: The guy is completing almost 80% of his passes against Big 12 competition and is the team's leading rusher. He IS the Texas' offense. You can't be serious. Stafford's a Junior as well and would have to take the leap of faith.

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but nobody has McCoy pegged as a first round pick. Out of everybody, Stafford is ranked the highest (has absolutely a GUN for an arm.) And Harrell? I don't know. He's got a nice arm and pocket presence, and his numbers are absolutley gaudy, but he's a product of the Texas Tech system. Just like Timmy Change and Colt Brennan haven't made a splash, it might be the same story for Harrell. But time will tell.

I think they absolutely need to take a QB in day 1. Probably not round 1 though, as they have too many

other needs (DE, O-line, WR), and the Bills aren't ready to pull the plug on TrINT just yet.

They may take more small, fragile DB's however.

Until they figure how to use a QB, they shouldn't bother. Better to sign and old vet that has been anywhere other than Buffalo. This coaching staff will just ruin any young QB.

Until they figure how to use a QB, they shouldn't bother. Better to sign and old vet that has been anywhere other than Buffalo. This coaching staff will just ruin any young QB.

True, but you have to assume that J.P. is gone after this year, and why keep him anyhow. If the coaching

staff won't pull Edwards after that 1st quarter display on MNF and insert Losman, what does that really

say?

True, but you have to assume that J.P. is gone after this year, and why keep him anyhow. If the coaching

staff won't pull Edwards after that 1st quarter display on MNF and insert Losman, what does that really

say?

It says several things.

1. It shows their continued stubborness to deviate from their plan.

2. It shows that the head coach is not strong enough mentally to make a decision that might restart the QB controversy of a year ago.

3. It shows that when observers during the game can see that Trent is struggling with confidence in a very important game, these coaches don't recognize it or refuse to deal with it.

4. It shows again that Jauron is the type of person that cannot handle risk or confrontation. Bad qualities for any leader.

5. Not throwing a pass on their last set of downs is strong evidence that they did not trust Trent to throw the ball in a crucial situation.

It says several things.

1. It shows their continued stubborness to deviate from their plan.

2. It shows that the head coach is not strong enough mentally to make a decision that might restart the QB controversy of a year ago.

3. It shows that when observers during the game can see that Trent is struggling with confidence in a very important game, these coaches don't recognize it or refuse to deal with it.

4. It shows again that Jauron is the type of person that cannot handle risk or confrontation. Bad qualities for any leader.

5. Not throwing a pass on their last set of downs is strong evidence that they did not trust Trent to throw the ball in a crucial situation.

I would have to agree.

I am starting to wonder if keeping him IN for the whole game did more to damage his confidence than

pulling him for Losman or Hamdan.

If you won't pull a young QB after throwing 3 picks in a quarter, when do you? 5, 6, never?

say?

Silly people...With their first pick in the upcoming NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills will choose a conerback ( obviously.... :unsure: )

I would have to agree.

I am starting to wonder if keeping him IN for the whole game did more to damage his confidence than

If you won't pull a young QB after throwing 3 picks in a quarter, when do you? 5, 6, never?

Never if JP is on the bench. Jauron's phsyche cannot handle the soon to be free agent winning a game for him like he did against the Jets last year. He'd have too many questions to answer. Plus JP might go out there and do something risky like run with the ball or throw it deep. He might even ignore the play the coaches call. Way too much stress for ths coach.

Dropping the replay flag on the sideline the week before and not getting the referees attention. Not replacing the QB when he's having a really bad game. See any parallels?

I would have to agree.

Dude, if they would've pulled him for Hamdan, that would've caused TE and JP to ride a barrell over Niagra Falls :unsure:

Dude, if they would've pulled him for Hamdan, that would've caused TE and JP to ride a barrell over Niagra Falls :unsure:

That funny. I was watching a show on Discovery or History or some other channel about the Falls' barrell

riders just this week.

Maybe they can get Jauron to go the Falls in a barrell, telling him it's a publicity stunt for 2009 season ticket advertising?