Is JP or GH taking any more snaps with the first team??

atl-fan

Maybe I've missed the little line in any news stories, but is JP or GH taking any more snaps with the first team this past week?

What happens if TE starts out 3 of 6 again this week ( meaning 3 interceptions in the first 6 throws.) We just struggle through his post concussion syndrome again this week thinking that somehow the stress, the needed 110% focus and concentration on a rapidly moving game and the impending hits from 300 lb.+ linemen will somehow make him all better and win the game in the end!

Or is their game plan 10+ throws to ML 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage and hope we don't loose too badly!

Seriously, what will it take to jank TE from a game FOR HIS OWN GOOD!

When the Bills make the playoffs again - and it won't be this season - they'll do it with Trent Edwards at QB, or they'll do it with a QB who isn't on the roster.

There's no Second Coming of Losman on the horizon, and Hamdan is...well, come on.

There's nothing to gain from not playing Edwards.

When the Bills make the playoffs again - and it won't be this season - they'll do it with Trent Edwards at QB, or they'll do it with a QB who isn't on the roster.

There's no Second Coming of Losman on the horizon, and Hamdan is...well, come on.

There's nothing to gain, of course, but EVERYTHING to lose if he isn't allowed to let this concussion properly heal. It's not a talent or ability issue, it's a medical one!

I would hope if this coaching staff has the ability to get to the playoffs, they have this contingency ready, vs. bringing in a stone cold JP or deep frozen GH!

This is what distinguishes a winning staff from a losing one, the ability to plan! Our guys react, and even then that's questionable.

There's nothing to gain, of course, but EVERYTHING to lose if he isn't allowed to let this concussion properly heal. It's not a talent or ability issue, it's a medical one!

I would hope if this coaching staff has the ability to get to the playoffs, they have this contingency ready, vs. bringing in a stone cold JP or deep frozen GH!

This is what distinguishes a winning staff from a losing one, the ability to plan! Our guys react, and even then that's questionable.

Let's stop with the "it must be the after-effects from the concussion" crap. What evidence is there? Did he recover just long enough to have a brilliant game against San Diego and then went back into a fog?

The concussion isn't the the problem.

Maybe, just maybe...... it's the play calling.

Where's the flare pattern to loosen up the defenses? How often do we see a quick out or slant pattern - you know, the ones opposing offenses continue to kill us on with our DBs playing their non-flexible zones (which every team in the league can now plan against and find those predictable open seams). And then, on the off chance that Duke or Melvin might overpower the opposing D tackle, they send Marshawn-dancing bear-Lynch into the middle of the pile in hopes that he'll break one. You never know. Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Empty backfield on 3rd and 1? - gee, I wonder what they might do here? You tricky Bills you.

Play-action, draw play, pump fake, bootleg/roll outs, pitch out - weapons other teams use on a regular basis to keep defenses honest and off balance are nearly absent in the Bills' arsenal.

In the final seconds of the Cleveland game when the Bills were setting up the final field goal attempt, who among you didn't know the ball was going to be handed off to Marshawn Lynch on those final plays? Show of hands.

Exactly.

Why not just invite the Browns into the huddle? At least then then might have over-thought it and said to themselves, "no way are they going to run Marshawn right at us after they told us they would". And then, what do you think the Bills would have done? That's right. Run Marshawn into the waiting arms of their nose tackle.

GH: I doubt the Bills or even any "Proactive" coaches consider The Chroisen® One anything more than a backup project

JP: JP has made it clear he wants out of Buffalo when his contract is up. Why invest time and effort into a QB who will be gone after 6 games? Both JP and the Bills management understand the only reason he is still here is in case Trent gets hurt, they will have a backup with some NFL experience that also already knows the playbook

Where's the flare pattern to loosen up the defenses? How often do we see a quick out or slant pattern - you know, the ones opposing offenses continue to kill us on with our DBs playing their non-flexible zones (which every team in the league can now plan against and find those predictable open seams). And then, on the off chance that Duke or Preston might overpower the opposing D tackle, they send Marshawn-dancing bear-Lynch into the middle of the pile in hopes that he'll break one. You never know. Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Empty backfield on 3rd and 1? - gee, I wonder what they might do here? You tricky Bills you.

Play-action, draw play, pump fake, bootleg/roll outs, pitch out - weapons other teams use on a regular basis to keep defenses honest and off balance are nearly absent in the Bills' arsenal.

Yes! And thank you for saying so.

In the final seconds of the Cleveland game when the Bills were setting up the final field goal attempt, who among you didn't know the ball was going to be handed off to Marshawn Lynch on those final plays? Show of hands.

Exactly.

Yep. I was screaming "give it to Freddy"! :thumbsup:

Yep. I was screaming "give it to Freddy"! :thumbsup:

I was screaming for a roll-out pass with 2 receivers running corner routes, 1 short, 1 long, and if nothing is there, throw it away. You know they were going to jam the middle. Still a bit frustrating but if he makes the fg, we're not having this conversation.

I was screaming for a roll-out pass with 2 receivers running corner routes, 1 short, 1 long, and if nothing is there, throw it away. You know they were going to jam the middle. Still a bit frustrating but if he makes the fg, we're not having this conversation.

A bootleg to the right with the tight end releaseing into the flat, with Evans clearing out deep, would have picked up 15 or so yards. It was evident on the first two plays when they came out in the two wr, two te look on 1st and 2nd down. The defense keyed on the run and knew where it was going.

Hey remember Quinn's two naked boots during the game? Both of those went for 10+ yards I think...

There is nothing to gain from not STARTING Edwards. But, if he doesn't have it, there may be a WIN to gain with either JP or Hamdan. There is no reason why, in the event of a meltdown, the #2 (or #3) shouldn't come in and try to right the ship. I believe this should be SOP with any QB.

A bootleg to the right with the tight end releaseing into the flat, with Evans clearing out deep, would have picked up 15 or so yards. It was evident on the first two plays when they came out in the two wr, two te look on 1st and 2nd down. The defense keyed on the run and knew where it was going.

Hey remember Quinn's two naked boots during the game? Both of those went for 10+ yards I think...

Are you thinking that Jauron would want his OC to call a naked QB boot twice in one game?

There is nothing to gain from not STARTING Edwards. But, if he doesn't have it, there may be a WIN to gain with either JP or Hamdan. There is no reason why, in the event of a meltdown, the #2 (or #3) shouldn't come in and try to right the ship. I believe this should be SOP with any QB.

There is very good reason not to put Losman in there

1. he's on his way out, so why waste any game time on him

2. It's obvious that Jauron has no use for Losman

3. It would be better to give Hamdan the experience

There is very good reason not to put Losman in there

1. he's on his way out, so why waste any game time on him

2. It's obvious that Jauron has no use for Losman

3. It would be better to give Hamdan the experience

This isn't about giving guys experience, it is about WINNING. I think either Hamdan or Losman would have won the Browns' game. As Jauron still lists Losman as #2, and Hamdan as #3, I'm guessing that JP would get that call. If they had "no use" for Losman he wouldn't be on the roster anymore.

Now, I do agree that, if the team was giving up on Edwards (which I don't believe they are, or should be) then the team would be wise to start Hamdan over Losman. But, that's not the point of my earlier post. In relief, you use the guy you think is best to get the job done on that day.

It's not the play calling all the time. I was at the game Monday night and I'm here to tell you there were guys open all over the place. Steve Johnson when Trent didn't even look his direction. Lee Evans was open in the corner of the end zone once and Trent didn't see him. It's not the play calling, right now, it's the play runner.

On the last plays of the game before the FG attempt, I was hoping to see Trent in the shotgun with Marhshawn and Fred back there with Trent handing it off to Fred like he did that was so successful all night. The play they called 3 times in a row has not worked all season long. Why anyone thought it would work then is baffling to me.

Trent may be the guy of the future, dont' know. But he sure aint' the guy now. We're in the middle of playoff stretch run. The season is not lost. Let's WIN NOW and worry about what to do next year in the off season. Prirority ONE now is WINNING GAMES. Put in whoever has the best chance of winning Sunday then re evaluate Monday.

As far as JP goes, him being a FA next year and probably being gone can be viewed 2 ways. One, he's gonna be gone so let's not waste our time with him. Or two, he's going to be a FA after this season so he'll be on his best game to try to garner big bucks next year. How many times have we seen a guy play well in the last year of his contract, sign a fat contract, and then suck, Something to think about ...

Go BILLS !!

Is it?? What good does winning get you if it's not good enough to make the playoffs? You can argue that you want to create a winning enviornment, but would that really impress or charge up teammates to do it with JP only to see him leave at year end. I'd agree with it IF the Bill's had a good shot at making the playoffs, but at this point they are playing for next year. So in that case, is giving TE as much playing experience as you can a better choice? You also do need to figure out if TE IS the answer. Is this a slump, being confused by things he's never seen, or as some claim, his arm is too weak, or is he too one dimensional and now that D's figured him out, he'll never amount to anything? Personally I don't think this is the case, but no one knows for sure. So play him to find out!

This isn't about giving guys experience, it is about WINNING.

People who play great in their last contract year are usually people who at one time were stars, or at least up and coming, then the past year or two tailed off, so now they want to show how good they are. JP was never good to strart with, so base on what he's shown, doubt he has it in him to be good.

Considering the games they lost even thoug honly one game out, I really don't think they have much of a shot at the playoffs. Two of their wins came agaisnt NFC teams and the other three against teams that won't likely make the playoffs, so head to head or common game wins won't help there.

As far as JP goes, him being a FA next year and probably being gone can be viewed 2 ways. One, he's gonna be gone so let's not waste our time with him. Or two, he's going to be a FA after this season so he'll be on his best game to try to garner big bucks next year. How many times have we seen a guy play well in the last year of his contract, sign a fat contract, and then suck, Something to think about ...

Go BILLS !!

This isn't about giving guys experience, it is about WINNING. I think either Hamdan or Losman would have won the Browns' game. As Jauron still lists Losman as #2, and Hamdan as #3, I'm guessing that JP would get that call. If they had "no use" for Losman he wouldn't be on the roster anymore.

Now, I do agree that, if the team was giving up on Edwards (which I don't believe they are, or should be) then the team would be wise to start Hamdan over Losman. But, that's not the point of my earlier post. In relief, you use the guy you think is best to get the job done on that day.

If that were true the Bills would have never given Losman the starting job before he earned it.

And again I am convinced that Jauron wants nothing to do with Losman, I believe it was a decision made by the GM.