Hate this excuse for Trent or any other player...

Alphadawg7

This is one of the worst excuses I have heard and you only ever hear it from fans. Sticking with a decision because the "organization made its decision and now must live with it."

How many of you have had a girlfriend/boyfriend and later broke up with them? How many of you are divorced? How many of you have changed jobs? These were all commitment decisions that you made at that time based on the information you had at that time. You made the decision that you felt was the right one at that moment.

So what happened? You made the decision to be with that person, so should you have stuck with it too just because you "made the decision". Come on now, thats unrealistic. No decision is final!

You make decisions based on information at the time of the decision...as more information comes in you evaluate that decision again. You make a new decision based on the new information...not rocket science here...

Take Trent vs. JP...at the time we made the move the office felt Trent was the right direction. I am NOT saying he is not the right direction now, but if he is in a mind set that prevents us from having a chance to win games, then we have to make a choice that gives us the better chance to win.

We have a LOT of money invested in players, and if you want Ralph to open up his check book then we need to start winning with the money he has already spent. You want FA to give us serious thought, we need to win. If you want the players to buy into the system, you need to show them you are commited to winning...

For the record...I am pulling for TRENT and I am not saying yank him right now. I am saying I fully support a move to JP as early as the second quarter if Trent shows he still is timid and shell shocked. In fact, I think that would be the best thing for him...you dont want ruin this kid by letting him get so crushed out there that his pysche doesnt recover. Let him come out and regain his hunger, his poise, etc.

If Trent struggles, then I am ok with letting him play through it, but if he looks like he did against Cle (lost, scared, timid, etc) then he has to be pulled for his own good and for the good of the team.

To use an analogy in response to the original post:

The Bills have already legally separated with JP & are now living with someone else. Unfortunately, the divorce doesn't become final until January & JP is still living in his part of the house.

hahahaha...like the analogy...nice

As good as that was, I do have to say that I dont know that the staff and front office has seperated from JP nearly as much as a lot of fans think or want to believe.

This is one of the worst excuses I have heard and you only ever hear it from fans. Sticking with a decision because the "organization made its decision and now must live with it."

How many of you have had a girlfriend/boyfriend and later broke up with them? How many of you are divorced? How many of you have changed jobs? These were all commitment decisions that you made at that time based on the information you had at that time. You made the decision that you felt was the right one at that moment.

So what happened? You made the decision to be with that person, so should you have stuck with it too just because you "made the decision". Come on now, thats unrealistic. No decision is final!

You make decisions based on information at the time of the decision...as more information comes in you evaluate that decision again. You make a new decision based on the new information...not rocket science here...

Take Trent vs. JP...at the time we made the move the office felt Trent was the right direction. I am NOT saying he is not the right direction now, but if he is in a mind set that prevents us from having a chance to win games, then we have to make a choice that gives us the better chance to win.

We have a LOT of money invested in players, and if you want Ralph to open up his check book then we need to start winning with the money he has already spent. You want FA to give us serious thought, we need to win. If you want the players to buy into the system, you need to show them you are commited to winning...

For the record...I am pulling for TRENT and I am not saying yank him right now. I am saying I fully support a move to JP as early as the second quarter if Trent shows he still is timid and shell shocked. In fact, I think that would be the best thing for him...you dont want ruin this kid by letting him get so crushed out there that his pysche doesnt recover. Let him come out and regain his hunger, his poise, etc.

If Trent struggles, then I am ok with letting him play through it, but if he looks like he did against Cle (lost, scared, timid, etc) then he has to be pulled for his own good and for the good of the team.

Trent's making $400K per year. He can easily settle into a backup role if that turns out to be best.

hahahaha...like the analogy...nice

As good as that was, I do have to say that I dont know that the staff and front office has seperated from JP nearly as much as a lot of fans think or want to believe.

bottom line: Let's try to win it this year with whoever & whatever it takes. Worry about next year's QB in 2009.

JP is still on the team, if he can help....put him in. If Jauron believes Trent will snap out of this nasty funk... roll the dice.

To look at it from a different angle, TE hasn't even had a year and a half (in games) of being the starting QB. Eli Manning didn't look particularly good for the first couple of years, either. I'm just as PO'd as the next guy when I see TE regress from the way he played at the beginning of the season to the slump he's having now. Especially since it's putting the Bills behind the 8 ball in games. You didn't see Coughlin pull Eli and I wouldn't and don't expect the Bills to pull Edwards. He needs the chance to pull himself out of it. Putting JP or Hamdan in isn't going to help TE or the team.

To look at it from a different angle, TE hasn't even had a year and a half (in games) of being the starting QB. Eli Manning didn't look particularly good for the first couple of years, either. I'm just as PO'd as the next guy when I see TE regress from the way he played at the beginning of the season to the slump he's having now. Especially since it's putting the Bills behind the 8 ball in games. You didn't see Coughlin pull Eli and I wouldn't and don't expect the Bills to pull Edwards. He needs the chance to pull himself out of it. Putting JP or Hamdan in isn't going to help TE or the team.

If Eli played the way Trent has played the last 4 games, I would bet Coughlin would pull him.

Wrong.

If the front office honestly believes that Trent is their QB, then they need to stick with him through thick and thin. Everyone that doesn't have blinders on understands that JP isn't the answer. Even if Trent continues to regress, plugging JP in to possibly save a game or two is not going to help us this year (when we honestly have to win out to make the playoffs). This is the same sort of knee-jerk idiocy that we went through back in 2005, which ruined JP (if he wasn't already ruined). We have 6 games to let Trent play through this mess. If he does, then we may look back on the second-half of this year as the turning point for him and the franchise. If he doesn't, then we have a large enough sample size to understand that we need to move in a different direction.

"organization made its decision and now must live with it." reminds me of "stay the course".

At this point, there's a better chance of ruining Trent's self esteem and psyche by continuing to play him than by pulling him for a game or two. Not to mention that the way he's playing could lead to another serious injury if he stays out there.

For all involved, get him out of there until he get's his head straightened out.

Link required - otherwise, you are putting words into the man's mouth.

If he said it - well, life's lessons...never talk to the press. For every member that understands context, there are ten that will run amok with any utterance if it polishes their personal and financial knob and if they sniff a chance of getting into the big time.

And that's nothing new.

If Eli played the way Trent has played the last 4 games, I would bet Coughlin would pull him.

I don't think so.

2004: 1-6 record, 48% completion, 6 TD-9 INT

2007: 10-6 record, 56% completion, 23 TD-20 INT, 13 Fumbles .....oh yeah and a SB victory.

Don't know if Coughlin pulled him in any games because of his playing, but Eli has started every game since about mid-way through 2004.

Link required - otherwise, you are putting words into the man's mouth.

If he said it - well, life's lessons...never talk to the press. For every member that understands context, there are ten that will run amok with any utterance if it polishes their personal and financial knob and if they sniff a chance of getting into the big time.

And that's nothing new.

LINK? I am referring to the fans on this board who keep saying this...I didnt say the FO said this...

There is a difference of struggling and being mentally inept. If Trent struggles, let him play and see how he works his way through it, which is what they have done. The result is a man who is shell shocked to the point that against one of the worst passing D's in the league with a ton of time to throw, he cant even attempt a pass down the field. So, if his psyche is not in a place that will allow him to play his way through it, then you gotta pull the kid out to get his head straight before it ruins his career. We win the next two and we are 7-5 going into some key divisional games, all winnable. Our season is not lost yet, but putting him out when he cant win us the game is throwing in the towel on a season where we can still be relevant.

So, let him start at KC, but against another horrid D Trent still cant bring himself to throw and is lost again, you gotta make a change, even if its for the short term...its what would be best for him and the team. Remember, this isnt the Buffalo Edwards, this is the Buffalo Bills, and the idea is to win games not to make each game about a specific player.

There is a difference of struggling and being mentally inept. If Trent struggles, let him play and see how he works his way through it, which is what they have done. The result is a man who is shell shocked to the point that against one of the worst passing D's in the league with a ton of time to throw, he cant even attempt a pass down the field. So, if his psyche is not in a place that will allow him to play his way through it, then you gotta pull the kid out to get his head straight before it ruins his career. We win the next two and we are 7-5 going into some key divisional games, all winnable. Our season is not lost yet, but putting him out when he cant win us the game is throwing in the towel on a season where we can still be relevant.

So, let him start at KC, but against another horrid D Trent still cant bring himself to throw and is lost again, you gotta make a change, even if its for the short term...its what would be best for him and the team. Remember, this isnt the Buffalo Edwards, this is the Buffalo Bills, and the idea is to win games not to make each game about a specific player.

And JP is NOT going to win games and neither is Hamdan. Pulling TE out is hardly going to "get his head straight". Building a QB is a process and it's going to have its ups and downs. Eli Manning had his bad years and Coughlin didn't pull him. Manning was only 10-6 last year, had a 73.9% passer rating, threw 20 INT's and fumbled 13 times.

As painful as it is to sit through it, Edwards has to be given the opportunity to play through this ..... whatever it is he has.

And JP is NOT going to win games and neither is Hamdan. Pulling TE out is hardly going to "get his head straight". Building a QB is a process and it's going to have its ups and downs. Eli Manning had his bad years and Coughlin didn't pull him. Manning was only 10-6 last year, had a 73.9% passer rating, threw 20 INT's and fumbled 13 times.

As painful as it is to sit through it, Edwards has to be given the opportunity to play through this ..... whatever it is he has.

see post you responded to...

I said let him play through it if its just him struggling...Mondays game was different...he was incapable of throwing the ball.

You keep pointing to Eli Manning and how his coach didn't give up on him etc. But Eli is a on a good team. He has a GREAT running game and GREAT defense. They don't need him to do much. Even in the Super Bowl even though he was MVP, he got a lot of help from his recievers. Several times he threw it up for grabs and his guy came down with it. If Trent played for NYG he could do as good as Eli. If Eli played for the Bills, he' suck and we'd be calling to put JP in. Even you're own stats prove my point!

You keep pointing to Eli Manning and how his coach didn't give up on him etc. But Eli is a on a good team. He has a GREAT running game and GREAT defense. They don't need him to do much. Even in the Super Bowl even though he was MVP, he got a lot of help from his recievers. Several times he threw it up for grabs and his guy came down with it. If Trent played for NYG he could do as good as Eli. If Eli played for the Bills, he' suck and we'd be calling to put JP in. Even you're own stats prove my point!

Difference: Eli can play in the cold..... Edwards hates the cold.

I don't think so.

2004: 1-6 record, 48% completion, 6 TD-9 INT

2007: 10-6 record, 56% completion, 23 TD-20 INT, 13 Fumbles .....oh yeah and a SB victory.

Don't know if Coughlin pulled him in any games because of his playing, but Eli has started every game since about mid-way through 2004.

There is a difference between having a bad play or two in a game or even having a bad game to Trent in the last 4 games. Eli at no time Regressed from playing good to playing bad, bad, bad, worse.

You make a good point , it does deserve some .thought.

I considered all the ramifications and came to the comclusion that we should put Losman on the next bus out of Buffalo.

Allowing time of course for TheDean TheSenator and Beerball to say their touching goodbyes.

So if Trent continues to struggle we should put a QB in who always has struggled?