Folks blaming Jauron are way off the mark

The Big Cat

Buffalo starts a second year quarterback that won't throw a pass longer than 20 yards. That quarterback has to throw from the shot gun. He doesn't throw passes under center and can't run play action because Buffalo also starts a center who gets ABUSED by 3-4 defenses. Their most reliable receiver has been injured, and as of last night their number two receiver is a rookie seventh rounder.

I find it hilarious that people here think they can evaluate the TEAM by analyzing the sideline cams of our coach. This "playing not to lose" rhetoric is also hysterical. We blitz on defense, sometimes effectively. The linebacker corps has a HUGE drop off after KMitch and Poz, Crowell should be the first backup. The same can be said about the dropoff at DLine after Schobel, and like Crowell, Kelsay should be a backup. The defense is not the problem and takes its shots. There are no signs that the defense has employed this stupid "not-to-lose" philosophy.

Dick Jauron is not the problem. And before you piss your pants and start firing non-substantiated "feelings" at me, please consider the scheme YOU'D develop around the crippling weaknesses we have at QB, C, LB, WR, and DE. Those are the areas where our players are just poor. On top of that, we're getting mediocre play from our DT's, G's, S's, and TE's to boot. It's not Jauron's job to be a cheerleader. It's the players' job to execute.

It amazes me that folks here profess to know the gameplan, profess to know the plays called by the sidelines, profess to know the audibles called by Edwards, profess to see the downfield routes that are and aren't being targetted, and profess to know the in and outs of our deepening personnel issues. Just because you don't see emotion from Jauron from network footage and press conferences, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And if you're blaming him for what you might perceive as emotionless play from the team last night, that's absurd. If you can't get up for a Monday Night home game, that's your own personal problem, and there's nothing a coach can do for you.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo starts a second year quarterback that won't throw a pass longer than 20 yards. That quarterback has to throw from the shot gun. He doesn't throw passes under center and can't run play action because Buffalo also starts a center who gets ABUSED by 3-4 defenses. Their most reliable receiver has been injured, and as of last night their number two receiver is a rookie seventh rounder.

I find it hilarious that people here think they can evaluate the TEAM by analyzing the sideline cams of our coach. This "playing not to lose" rhetoric is also hysterical. We blitz on defense, sometimes effectively. The linebacker corps has a HUGE drop off after KMitch and Poz, Crowell should be the first backup. The same can be said about the dropoff at DLine after Schobel, and like Crowell, Kelsay should be a backup. The defense is not the problem and takes its shots. There are no signs that the defense has employed this stupid "not-to-lose" philosophy.

Dick Jauron is not the problem. And before you piss your pants and start firing non-substantiated "feelings" at me, please consider the scheme YOU'D develop around the crippling weaknesses we have at QB, C, LB, WR, and DE. Those are the areas where our players are just poor. On top of that, we're getting mediocre play from our DT's, G's, S's, and TE's to boot. It's not Jauron's job to be a cheerleader. It's the players' job to execute.

It amazes me that folks here profess to know the gameplan, profess to know the plays called by the sidelines, profess to know the audibles called by Edwards, profess to see the downfield routes that are and aren't being targetted, and profess to know the in and outs of our deepening personnel issues. Just because you don't see emotion from Jauron from network footage and press conferences, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And if you're blaming him for what you might perceive as emotionless play from the team last night, that's absurd. If you can't get up for a Monday Night home game, that's your own personal problem, and there's nothing a coach can do for you.

As someone previously said: Pot meet kettle.

You need serious help.

Dick Jauron made the most CHICKEN SH-- decision I have EVER SEEN as a Bills fan when WITH A MINUTE TO GO he ran the ball three times into the middle of the line in the HOPES his kicker would make a 47 yard field goal on a cold Buffalo night in November! Dick Jauron is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSEEERRRR!!!!

How you can be a Bills fan and STILL defend this man is beyond belief.

You need serious help.

Dick Jauron made the most CHICKEN SH-- decision I have EVER SEEN as a Bills fan when WITH A MINUTE TO GO he ran the ball three times into the middle of the line in the HOPES his kicker would make on a 47 yard field goal on a cold Buffalo night in November! Dick Jauron is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSEEERRRR!!!!

And last year he was Dick supreme when we dialed up the pass play in field goal range which resulted in the interception that just about cost us LAST year's MNF contest...

hey there jackhole... just wondering if its a good coaching decision to go to the empty backfield shotgun formation 3rd and 1 at your own 9 after edwards has already thrown 2 picks and the run got 4 then 5 yards the last 2 plays... THEN call timeout before the 3rd and 1, then go back out in the same formation they had before the timeout and still pass and get intercepted for the 3rd time. a queerbait like u will say , o well the QB has to execute that pass but u dont show your formation, call the timeout for the other team and then run the same thing with a QB thats obviously struggling. even if u dont pick up the 1st down with a run u still arent giving them the ball at your 10yard line. thats all coaching moron, so go change your font and make even BOLDER sentences u tool. u know nothing and to support Jauron means u probably are related to him or dating him

You make a lot of good points. This team has glaring weaknesses at DE and C. Overall the roster lacks depth,so you can't overcome injuries the way a good team needs to. We shouldn't expect Jauron to make chicken soup out of chicken sh--.

You make a lot of good points. This team has glaring weaknesses at DE and C. Overall the roster lacks depth,so you can't overcome injuries the way a good team needs to. We shouldn't expect Jauron to make chicken soup out of chicken sh--.

It's hard to make any soup taste good when your head coach is constantly taking a dump in it.

Talk about your denial, you Jauron supporters have it in spades.

Dick Jauron had his input on the Free agents, Trades and Draft choices. This team is his team. He has the inability to play to win. The final drive of last night should be enough to open your eyes that he cannot coach to win if so he would have put his kicker in better position to win the game we a minute left and browns burning timeouts just incase they have to comeback to win. He picks the assistnat coaches the same defensive coach that allowed the opposing team the go ahed field goal after the team finshed a go ahead score. He is the coach who has squandered a 5-1 start. he is the coach who has a 55-70 career record. He is the coach who only has at best 12 wins agains teams witha winning record in in 8 seasons he is the coach who does not know haow to manage the clock which was pointed out several times by jaws last night. He is the coach that didnt give his QB confidence to win the game. He is the coach that will never again have a winning record in the NFL regardless of his players.

I actually find it hillarious that we have supporter for Jauron the lat three years who thinks hes a good coach. Give me a list of reasons he should be the coach of this team because I cannot think of one except he comes cheap but then again you get what you pay for.

I don't see how you can say Crowell should be a back up LB seeings 1 - he isn't even playing this year and 2 - hes been our best LB the past 2 years prior to this season...Ellison yes should be a back up and he is..hes only starting because Crowell is on IR...this is Crowell's last season in Buffalo, but I'd really like to see Buffalo re-sign him...That might not happen with the way Buffalo put him on IR and the Crowell did his surgery...no one but the Bills nd Crowell know exactly what happened, but I'm hoping they cant put that aside and make Crowell a LB in Buffalo again...A line with Mitchel - Poz - Crowell would be great...only problem is they would have to decide out of these 3: ( DiGirogio, Ellison, Bowen), who to get get rid of, unless they want to keep 6 LB's.

The rest I mostly agree with...I would Like to see Buffalo bring in a dominant DE to go with Schobel and place Kelsay and Denney as rotational backups..not sure whats up with Ellis..if he cant play then get rid of him...

hey there jackhole... just wondering if its a good coaching decision to go to the empty backfield shotgun formation 3rd and 1 at your own 9 after edwards has already thrown 2 picks and the run got 4 then 5 yards the last 2 plays... THEN call timeout before the 3rd and 1, then go back out in the same formation they had before the timeout and still pass and get intercepted for the 3rd time. a queerbait like u will say , o well the QB has to execute that pass but u dont show your formation, call the timeout for the other team and then run the same thing with a QB thats obviously struggling. even if u dont pick up the 1st down with a run u still arent giving them the ball at your 10yard line. thats all coaching moron, so go change your font and make even BOLDER sentences u tool. u know nothing and to support Jauron means u probably are related to him or dating him

thers no reason to talk to ppl like you are doing right now...not once in his post did he call you a queerbait or a douschbag...ppl like you really make this board look like shiit...there are ways to get your points accross without looking like a 10 year old

I stand by my assertion that if Jeff Fisher was coaching this identical team, we would be 8-2 right now. He gets the most out of his players and doesn't blame personnel like Dick seems to be hanging his hat on.

Even if we were 5-5 under Fisher, the games all would be balls out, exciting and gutsy. As opposed to this chicken-sh-- football we've seen the past 6 weeks.

You need serious help.

Dick Jauron made the most CHICKEN SH-- decision I have EVER SEEN as a Bills fan when WITH A MINUTE TO GO he ran the ball three times into the middle of the line in the HOPES his kicker would make a 47 yard field goal on a cold Buffalo night in November! Dick Jauron is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSEEERRRR!!!!

Thank God someone gets it. How the hell can anyone think that a 47 yard field goal in to the wind at the ralph is a gimme. You have to be out of your damn mind. I have to say that was the worst series of calls I have ever seen. This is with consideration to all of the surrounding circumstances. Dick Jauron has demonstrated his ineptitude on monday night for the entire football world to see. This is as clear as it gets. DICK JURON is an absolute disappointment. What the hell are we the fans supposed to think when a series of calls are made that are so obvious. Feel free to review my past posts, I have never written a disparaging post about a player or a coach. This is just beyond anything I have witnessed. :thumbsup:

I have plenty of issues with Jauron -- and I have been especially disappointed by the manner in which he has been out-coached in the division games. However, I actually thought he did about as well as he could last night under the circumstances. No dumb challenges. He actually showed some fire, getting into the officials' faces on at least a couple of occasions. He pretty much had all of the players (except for Edwards) ready to play. I also think he did a pretty good job of damage control and making adjustments. The Bills lost the turnover battle 4-0 last night and were still in position to win the game at the very end. Some have argued about the "chicken-you-know-what" running calls at the end of the game. Well, why SHOULD Jauron have had faith in Edwards to put the ball in the air in that situation, when Edwards himself looked so shell-shocked all night long?

I stand by my assertion that if Jeff Fisher was coaching this identical team, we would be 8-2 right now. He gets the most out of his players and doesn't blame personnel like Dick seems to be hanging his hat on.

Even if we were 5-5 under Fisher, the games all would be balls out, exciting and gutsy. As opposed to this chicken-sh-- football we've seen the past 6 weeks.

honestly the person you really have to blame is Wilson...hes not best friends with the Fords for nothing...the Lions have been run into the ground by there owner and I cant imagine the conversations between Ford and Wilson about how to run a team...I understand its got to be hard in a type of market Buffalo is but thats no excuse...Ultimatly the owner is to blame for its his job to make sure he has the best front office personnel...Im not saying the gameplans and actual plays are his fault...its not the owners job to call plays (unless your Jerry Jones)...i'm not even saying the players on his team are his fault, but if your an owner and you see your team fail year after year, you have to look at yourself and say "do I have the right people running my team?"

myself, I'm partial...I dont care who the head coach is aslong as he can get us wins...thers not 1 coach out there that every fan can totally agree with every play that is called and how every game is run...thing is is if your winning, the fans overlook any mistakes the coach is makeing...when your loseing..every fan feels he/she is better than the coach...thats the thing about being an American..if we dont like how someone is doing something, we let him/her know about it..and we all feel we can do better.

Well, why SHOULD Jauron have had faith in Edwards to put the ball in the air in that situation, when Edwards himself looked so shell-shocked all night long?

Then my question is why was Edwards out there? If the coaches really had zero confidence in him, why did they leave him in for the entire game?

Besides that, how do you square that with the fact that they just had Edwards throw a pass to Royal to get them into field goal range to begin with?

The simple truth is that Jauron is the type of coach who likes his chances settling for a 47-yard field goal into the wind with the game on the line. I can't believe that that type of coach finds employment in the NFL, but here we are.

It's hard to make any soup taste good when your head coach is constantly taking a dump in it.

Talk about your denial, you Jauron supporters have it in spades.

I would love to have Marty Schottenheimer, but a coach like him would never work for Wilson or come to Buffalo. Jauron is just about the best you are going to get. I just hope they don't start jerking Edwards around now that he is making the same mistakes Losman did. Ignore the fans- they will keep coming anyways- let the kid develop