Josh Reed....

Kipers Hair

The Bills - more notably Trent Edwards fall from the elite coincided with the injury to Josh Reed. Never really considered josh to be an integral part of anything, but the Edward's has seemed lost since Reed has been out. Probably just coincidence, but I'd love to see the stats when he returns to dismiss this one...

If anything - Johnson reminded me a little of Reed last night and ATrent seemed to immediately connect with him after the benching of the sloppy route running Hardy...

The Bills - more notably Trent Edwards fall from the elite coincided with the injury to Josh Reed. Never really considered josh to be an integral part of anything, but the Edward's has seemed lost since Reed has been out. Probably just coincidence, but I'd love to see the stats when he returns to dismiss this one...

If anything - Johnson reminded me a little of Reed last night and ATrent seemed to immediately connect with him after the benching of the sloppy route running Hardy...

This has been covered extensively.

Edwards certainly had a rapport going with Reed before he got injured. I doubt Reed's absence is a primary cause of Edwards' poor play but it certainly hasn't helped.

Absolutely. Its a huge part of the reason that Edwards is struggling. Besides Evans, he's the only reliable receiving threat they have and with Reed out, defenses can concentrate fully on Lee. As a result, the passing game falls apart. Its the same problem that has plagued this offense for years and why they needed to do more at both WR and especially TE this past offseason.

Well, Reed was practicing this week a bit wasn't he? I imagine there's a chance he might return this Sunday then?

Might blow the theory out of the water...if you beat the Chiefs and Reed returns, it'll be dispelled that we beat the Chiefs because they are a bad team...Damn the science of it all!!!

can i please say something? if you have to utter the words 'we miss josh reed' or something like 'josh reed is an integral part of our offense' then you are in some serious trouble. the guy has come a long way since being drafted, but you're supposed to make statements like that about universally accepted 'good' players. the fact that we're talking about missing josh reed clearly points out that we have a talent level standard that just isn't good enough.

So Reed being out is the reason trent refuses to attempt any pass over 15 yards in the air?

Reed's been out of the picture for a while. There's been plenty of practice time with the fill-ins. No doubt, a QBs' familiarity with a receiver matters, but it's up to a good QB and the QB/WR/OC coaches to work out kinks, regardless of the talent of the replacement #2 WR - and the role the game plan expects him to do.

If the replacement's skills, abilities doesn't jive - change the plan.