Fix running game please

NO folks.......

All it would take to get this ship in the right direction would be the ability to run the ball......P.E.R.I.O.D.

- Want to blam Edwards for the int's? First look at the fact that our offense is so one one trick pony that we are actually lucky he hasn't played worse.

- Every time he holds the ball he has a defender on top of him

- I actually see a small minority talking about benching him for Losman.....well if the OL keeps playing like this that isn't going to be a problem because Edwards will be down with another injury

Fix the running game......watch the team instantly get better. Will it fix all the problems......no.....but enough that the team will start winning again.

NO folks.......

All it would take to get this ship in the right direction would be the ability to run the ball......P.E.R.I.O.D.

- Want to blam Edwards for the int's? First look at the fact that our offense is so one one trick pony that we are actually lucky he hasn't played worse.

- I actually see a small minority talking about benching him for Losman.....well if the OL keeps playing like this that isn't going to be a problem because Edwards will be down with another injury

Fix the running game......watch the team instantly get better. Will it fix all the problems......no.....but enough that the team will start winning again.

Heels from 20X6 agrees with you. The team needs to commit to the run and the coaching needs to work much, much harder with our large and no longer in charge O-line to get them to dictate the pace of the game. There are few holes for our backs to move through.

I also suggest that Trent has been suffering without Josh Reed as his outlet. Reed has developed the ability to be able to get himself open for Trent as his "valve pass'.

I think that Turk needs to open his playbook up for more intermediate and deep routes. Maximize the speed of Roscoe and Lee. Stretch the field out and keep opposing defenses honest. Dink and dunk only works when the secondary respects your deep threats.

NO folks.......

I pretty much agree John...

A consistantly solid Running Game would solve a ton of problems on Offense right now...Plus the D would see the Field less which can't be a bad thing... B-)

Well, if we're complaining the Edwards is the problem, how do we expect JP to perform any better behind this offensive line?

NO folks.......

What I see are teams that have been loading up the box with defenders which has been one of the main factors for our failure at running the ball.

Why are they doing this? Because the Buffalo Bills do not audible out of bad playcalls. If Trent is behind the center they key on Marshawn or Freddie because 99.9 percent of the time it's going to be a run.

Why don't the Bills audible out of bad play calls and into quick slants or screens? Because they are coached by a freaking moron.

One other factor here is that Trent Edwards has failed to make the opposition pay for them loading up of the box. Again, it may have to do with our moron of a head coach telling Edwards to stick with the game plan even though the defense knows EVERY PLAY THAT IS COMING!

So you say you want to fix it? Use your audible and make them pay dearly for loading up the box. Then the lanes will miraculously open up for our runningbacks. Until this is done the Bills will NOT have a running game to speak of.

Pretty simple stuff, huh?

What I see are teams that have been loading up the box with defenders which has been one of the main factors for our failure at running the ball.

Why are they doing this? Because the Buffalo Bills do not audible out of bad playcalls. If Trent is behind the center they key on Marshawn or Freddie because 99.9 percent of the time it's going to be a run.

Why don't the Bills audible out of bad play calls and into quick slants or screens? Because they are coached by a freaking moron.

One other factor here is that Trent Edwards has failed to make the opposition pay for them loading up of the box. Again, it may have to do with our moron of a head coach telling Edwards to stick with the game plan even though the defense knows EVERY PLAY THAT IS COMING!

So you say you want to fix it? Use your audible and make them pay dearly for loading up the box. Then the lanes will miraculously open up for our runningbacks. Until this is done the Bills will NOT have a running game to speak of.

Pretty simple stuff, huh?

Valid arguement.....but Trent is still getting hit way to much when they do throw

Our OL was also pass protecting much better...Edwards had ALL DAY to throw.....

Also....teams have adjusted to our playcalling

The pass blocking against NE was not that bad. Regardless, it's a gigantic stretch to pin his fumble against Miami on the line.

As for the play calling, as QB, Edwards can audible, correct?

Valid arguement.....but Trent is still getting hit way to much when they do throw

That's because they're usually in 2nd and 3rd and long situations and Trent is standing there in shotgun formation where the Bills pass 100 percent of the time.

It's a vicious circle that only good coaching can fix. This isn't rocket science here, yet Jauron and his cohorts make it out to be. In football and especially in the NFL, you try to make the defense pay on every snap of the ball, In Jauron's world "hard work" is all that's needed to make up for the opposing teams knowing what play they are going to run.

That's because they're usually in 2nd and 3rd and long situations and Trent is standing there in shotgun formation where the Bills pass 100 percent of the time.

It's a vicious circle that only good coaching can fix. This isn't rocket science here, yet Jauron and his cohorts make it out to be. In football and especially in the NFL, you try to make the defense pay on every snap of the ball, In Jauron's world "hard work" is all that's needed to make up for the opposing teams knowing what play they are going to run.

I miss the direct snap and halfback draws that Hull/Thurman/Kelly and co. executed to near perfection.

its good to see you back in old form after that little bout of rationality in the beginning of the season