Shall I hold my breath waiting for the apologies?

SDS

And here we are again. Because the left has spent all the time proclaiming Palin an idiot, it's perfectly okay to take the leap of faith that an unsubstantiated story must have some kind of merit. You couldn't paint a more irresponsible picture of journalism, but irresponsible journalism is all but a birthright of the left, so why question it?

We've all watched Biden make equally, if not MORE unbelievably stupid comments, and yet no one seems to be taking unsubstantiated blogs and running to report about them on a global scale. Gee, I wonder why that is?

Honestly, I really think you folks on the left may want to stop with this "Palin is an idiot" thing because I think we all know that Vice President-elect Joe Biden is about to spend the next four years making Dan Quayle look like a Rhodes Scholar.

That's just stupid. Seriously.

The stupidity/ignorance of Sarah Palin has zero to do with the kind of stupidity displayed by Biden, and I am not denying that at times he says incredibly stupid things. It's apples and orangutans.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one will be happy when this female Kato Kaelin is out of the headlines. Then we can focus on something more important like two wars, a tanking economy, a failing education and healthcare system, crumbling infrastructure, and finding Jimmy Hoffa.

The Yankees moved homeplate and the pitchers mound rubber from the original Yankee Stadium to the new Yankee Stadium

Maybe when the new Meadowlands is finished, the Giants will move Hoffa's 55 gallon drum from the old endzone to the new endzone

That's just stupid. Seriously.

The stupidity/ignorance of Sarah Palin has zero to do with the kind of stupidity displayed by Biden, and I am not denying that at times he says incredibly stupid things. It's apples and orangutans.

So when you're a Republican, it's stupidity, and when you're a Democrat, it's "rhetorical flourish."

It's like the person with one leg making fun of the person with one arm. If that isn't the very definition of stupid, then I don't know what is.

And yes, I understand Pasta Joe's perception that Biden is allegedly informed and intelligent, but I'm not sure why people are quick to joke about Palin's comment about Africa when an equally moronic statement...a statement that actually DID take place...was Biden's inability to understand that the word JOBS does, in fact, have four letters...not three. And that's just him foaming at the mouth, and doesn't even get into his embarrassing guarantee for an international crisis when he thought he was behind closed doors.

Just rhetorical flourish. Nothing to see here.

I predict by the end of Obama's first hundred days Biden will be exclusively in charge of making sure the Rose Garden is being properly pruned.

So when you're a Republican, it's stupidity, and when you're a Democrat, it's "rhetorical flourish."

It's like the person with one leg making fun of the person with one arm. If that isn't the very definition of stupid, then I don't know what is.

And yes, I understand Pasta Joe's perception that Biden is allegedly informed and intelligent, but I'm not sure why people are quick to joke about Palin's comment about Africa when an equally moronic statement...a statement that actually DID take place...was Biden's inability to understand that the word JOBS does, in fact, have four letters...not three. And that's just him foaming at the mouth, and doesn't even get into his embarrassing guarantee for an international crisis when he thought he was behind closed doors.

I predict by the end of Obama's first hundred days Biden will be exclusively in charge of making sure the Rose Garden is being properly pruned.

If you're actually serious that you don't think there is a difference between the kind of stupidity of Biden saying JOBS has three letters, and Sarah Palin's version of stupidity, you are not one tenth as smart as I thought you were.

Okay, fine- let's chalk up the so-called African Gaffe, and the Jobs gaffe to mere slips of the tongue by otherwise intelligent persons.

But, Palin, ON HER OWN, without being poked and prodded by the "gotcha media" demonstrated a total lack of knowledge and understanding of crucial policies, doctrines, organizations, and duties. VICE PRESIDENTS ARE NOT POLICY MAKERS.

Plus, you can't deny that there was a definite effort by the McCain campaign to keep her away from the media. Biden at least didn't need Barrack by his side everytime he sat down to do an interview after his JOBs slip.

You're really grasping here to compare the two. And don't ask me how, I just explained it.

If you're actually serious that you don't think there is a difference between the kind of stupidity of Biden saying JOBS has three letters, and Sarah Palin's version of stupidity, you are not one tenth as smart as I thought you were.

No question. I'll happily concede that Biden is a different kind of idiot from Palin. The difference is, he's an idiot who's about to be one sniper away from being POTUS, and despite how hard-core you are to the left, you know...you absolutely know...there is a better than average chance that Biden is going to spend the next four years forcing Youtubers to edit their latest Biden Gaffe Machine videos.

So back to the point I was making: laughing at a person with one arm when you only have one leg to stand on is not really that smart to begin with. I'd expect more from the thinkers.

Okay, fine- let's chalk up the so-called African Gaffe, and the Jobs gaffe to mere slips of the tongue by otherwise intelligent persons.

But, Palin, ON HER OWN, without being poked and prodded by the "gotcha media" demonstrated a total lack of knowledge and understanding of crucial policies, doctrines, organizations, and duties. VICE PRESIDENTS ARE NOT POLICY MAKERS.

Plus, you can't deny that there was a definite effort by the McCain campaign to keep her away from the media. Biden at least didn't need Barrack by his side everytime he sat down to do an interview after his JOBs slip.

You're really grasping here to compare the two. And don't ask me how, I just explained it.

You, like K-dog, seem to think that I'm defending Palin. I'm not. I'm simply pointing out that the left should know better than to pick on a person who just lost the election when the guy who is VP-elect is a special brand of stupidity all his own. In two years, there will be so much Biden material to laugh at, people will actually forget that Alaska is one of the 57 states.

No question. I'll happily concede that Biden is a different kind of idiot from Palin. The difference is, he's an idiot who's about to be one sniper away from being POTUS, and despite how hard-core you are to the left, you know...you absolutely know...there is a better than average chance that Biden is going to spend the next four years forcing Youtubers to edit their latest Biden Gaffe Machine videos.

So back to the point I was making: laughing at a person with one arm when you only have one leg to stand on is not really that smart to begin with. I'd expect more from the thinkers.

You, like K-dog, seem to think that I'm defending Palin. I'm not. I'm simply pointing out that the left should know better than to pick on a person who just lost the election when the guy who is VP-elect is a special brand of stupidity all his own. In two years, there will be so much Biden material to laugh at, people will actually forget that Alaska is one of the 57 states.

A special kind of stupid.

You can have an honest disagreement with the policy views that Biden has, but you can't honestly say that Biden is an idiot. Now to be fair, it's not correct to call Palin an idiot either. But based on her answers to relevant questions she clearly has a lack of knowledge that you would expect someone running for VP to have.

All politicians have gaffes. It's part of the job description, especially in the age of youtube. Lefties nor righties have any claim to being more gaffe-happy than the other. Biden has more than most, and way more than a lot. He's right up there with GW as The Great Gaffe-be. But he's a highly intelligent guy. Most of the time he makes gaffes, he's actually right. His problem is being too honest, or not having or using a filter on himself. Sure some of them are stupid, as in he should know better. But again, any comparison to the two, IMO, is foolish on your part.

Palin doesn't just say gaffes, although she has her share if not 6-7 governors share. Her problem is total lack of knowledge, exposure, education and ignorance of important issues of our day. There has never been a politician I have ever seen on the national stage with that lack of knowledge and that level of ignorance. I simply don't think the one arm-one leg analogy applies in any way.

All politicians have gaffes. It's part of the job description, especially in the age of youtube. Lefties nor righties have any claim to being more gaffe-happy than the other. Biden has more than most, and way more than a lot. He's right up there with GW as The Great Gaffe-be. But he's a highly intelligent guy. Most of the time he makes gaffes, he's actually right. His problem is being too honest, or not having or using a filter on himself. Sure some of them are stupid, as in he should know better. But again, any comparison to the two, IMO, is foolish on your part.

Palin doesn't just say gaffes, although she has her share if not 6-7 governors share. Her problem is total lack of knowledge, exposure, education and ignorance of important issues of our day. There has never been a politician I have ever seen on the national stage with that lack of knowledge and that level of ignorance. I simply don't think the one arm-one leg analogy applies in any way.

What he said! B-)

And here we are again. Because the left has spent all the time proclaiming Palin an idiot, it's perfectly okay to take the leap of faith that an unsubstantiated story must have some kind of merit. You couldn't paint a more irresponsible picture of journalism, but irresponsible journalism is all but a birthright of the left, so why question it?We've all watched Biden make equally, if not MORE unbelievably stupid comments, and yet no one seems to be taking unsubstantiated blogs and running to report about them on a global scale. Gee, I wonder why that is?Honestly, I really think you folks on the left may want to stop with this "Palin is an idiot" thing because I think we all know that Vice President-elect Joe Biden is about to spend the next four years making Dan Quayle look like a Rhodes Scholar.
As oppossed to that outstanding right wing reporting that swallowed a hoax in Pittsburgh last month hook line and stinker!