1. 1. My choice for COTY is....

• Tony Sparano
    • Bill Belichick
    • Jim Zorn
    • Ken Whisenhunt
    • Jeff Fisher
    • Mike Smith
    • Another Please Explain

Please don't turn this into a Dick Jauron B word session there are A LOT of other threads for that. Thank you.

Tony Sparano has taken the Poorpisses from the worst team last year to a competitive team and has created the latest NFL fad.

I almost can't write this but :blink:Bill Belichick who has dealt with IIRC the most injuries of any team this year and is still keeping the Pets* extremely competitive.

Jim Zorn has taken the Washington Redskins and put them in second place in the NFCE which is probably the toughest division in the NFL.

Ken Whisenhunt has done the near impossible and has made the Cardinals competitive. Granted in a very weak division.

Jeff Fisher undefeated so far this season.

Mike Smith has taken a team in turmoil and worked with a rookie QB and is polishing the turd.

I'll go with Sparano but let's remember that last year's 1-15 season was in large part because of injuries. The Dolphins lost Trent Green and Ronnie Brown, traded their best WR in Chris Chambers, and Ricky Williams was out suspended. Chad Pennington was a gift to them this year otherwise John Beck or Chad Henne would be starting and no way would they be 5-4. That said Tuna and Sparano have done good things especially when you consider they dumped their two best defensive players in Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor..

I'll go with Sparano but let's remember that last year's 1-15 season was in large part because of injuries. The Dolphins lost Trent Green and Ronnie Brown, traded their best WR in Chris Chambers, and Ricky Williams was out suspended. Chad Pennington was a gift to them this year otherwise John Beck or Chad Henne would be starting and no way would they be 5-4. That said Tuna and Sparano have done good things.

I hated to do it but I picked Sparano too. He's created a very successful fad in addition to turning the franchise around.

If you and I voted for Sparano why is there only one vote for him right now?

Another- Mike Smith HC- Atlanta falcons

Rookie qb who looks like he's been in the league for 4 years already. I thought Matt Ryan was gonna be good, but damn.

1st year starting rb who backed up LT. Turner flashed potential behind lt for a few years. He's turning out to live up to that potential behind what was considered to be not a very good offenseive line

wr's who underachieved for years due to apparantly bad quarterback play

A suspect defense who's playing pretty damn good. John Abraham is actually healthy this year, and his talent is shining thru. Maybe a candidate for DPOY. Getting solid play across the board in the frony 7 and their secondary. Lawyer Milloy is still playing at a high level. Yeah I'm gonna go with Mike Smith for COTY

Rookie qb who looks like he's been in the league for 4 years already. I thought Matt Ryan was gonna be good, but damn.

1st year starting rb who backed up LT. Turner flashed potential behind lt for a few years. He's turning out to live up to that potential behind what was considered to be not a very good offenseive line

A suspect defense who's playing pretty damn good. John Abraham is actually healthy this year, and his talent is shining thru. Maybe a candidate for DPOY. Getting solid play across the board in the frony 7 and their secondary. Lawyer Milloy is still playing at a high level. Yeah I'm gonna go with Mike Smith for COTY

:blink: How could I have forgotten him!! I'd still vote for Sparano but he deserves to be in the conversation.

Can I make sure Mike Singletary is not added to the list? Any dude that pulls his pants down to demonstrate a point gets no props from me. :blink:

He's got my vote, though. First game, sends a player to the showers. Gives a killer press conference after--the kind of press conference that we'll be watching like it was Jim Mora screaming "playoffs?" or Denny Green screaming "they are who we thought they were," only actually respecting it this time. Singletary already has turned the niners right around.

Hey, when did Tony Soprano start coaching? He must have needed the money after his show ended.

:blink:

I always have a hard time saying Sparano's name because I've watched a lot of Soprano's and it's a hard habit to break.

Junior Soprano team owner

Tony's coaching staff

Silvio Dante Asst. HC

Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri DC

Christopher Moltasante DB's

Ralph Cifaretto LB's coach

Salvatore 'Big Pus sy' Bonpensiero DL

Bobby 'Bacala' Baccalieri OL coach

Dr. Jennifer Melfi QB's

Pasquale 'Patsy' Parisi RB's

Vito Spatafore WR/TE coach

Artie Bucco nutrionist

Agent Harris film breakdowns

A.J. Soprano waterboy.

I'm going with Mike Smith too. What a year he's having....everyone predicted the Falcons to be dead in the water before the season even started. Rookie HC, Rookie QB, back-up RB now a starter, a year removed from a coach quitting on his players...all signs pointed to disaster and regardless of what happens from here on out, they've over-achieved BIG TIME.

Mike Smith.. COTY.

He's got my vote, though. First game, sends a player to the showers. Gives a killer press conference after--the kind of press conference that we'll be watching like it was Jim Mora screaming "playoffs?" or Denny Green screaming "they are who we thought they were," only actually respecting it this time. Singletary already has turned the niners right around.

Uh, also he's 0-2 on the year and lost 38-13 to one of the sh*ttiest teams in the NFL. You know what happens to interim coaches who don't win games? They are replaced by the start of the next season.