Kurt Warner

Stl Bills

Is Kurt Waner a Hall of Famer?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Is Kurt Warner a Hall of Famer?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know, I'm going with yes......especially if he gets Arizona to the NFC championship or beyond. To me its still a crazy story, going from stocking grocery shelves to Super Bowl/League MVP in a year.

I don't know, I'm going with yes......especially if he gets Arizona to the NFC championship or beyond. To me its still a crazy story, going from stocking grocery shelves to Super Bowl/League MVP in a year.

Kurt Warner is an NFL hall of famer

- grocery clerk to superbowl mvp is all time NFL rags to riches story (Namath is in for 1 game)

- 2 league MVPs (on an extremely short list)

- performance during three year period 99-01 is the conversation of greatest 3 year stint of all time

so, he may have gotten in if he retired after 01.

if he

- wins mvp this year or leads cards to superbowl appearance, he moves to first ballot

if he gets 2nd team pro bowl or leads cards to playoffs this year he gets into a conversation for first ballot

I think that stat they just showed during tonight's game was impressive in Warner's favor.

Warner has the highest % of starts with 300-yard passing games - 45%

#2 is Dan Fouts with 28 %

That's an unbelievable stat. 45%?? And that far ahead of every else?

The guy is a 2 time MVP and SB winner. I don't think of him as a legend either, but I think he has the credentials.

Borderline....2 big things against him are his late start in the NFL and his concussions(whose effects lasted for a few years)

I would say at this point close but NO. If he finishes real strong this year...and has another real strong year---he could get in.

I think that stat they just showed during tonight's game was impressive in Warner's favor.

Warner has the highest % of starts with 300-yard passing games - 45%

#2 is Dan Fouts with 28 %

holy crap, basically (just about) every other start he's gonna put up 300.

Borderline....2 big things against him are his late start in the NFL and his concussions(whose effects lasted for a few years)

I would say at this point close but NO. If he finishes real strong this year...and has another real strong year---he could get in.

It wasn't the concussions it was his thumb. It was so destroyed, and still is, that's almost amazing he still plays.

I love Jim Kelly, but how can any Bills fan, say that Warners' HOF credentials are borderline, when Jimbo is in there?

Warner had a bad stretch with concussion and thumb problems, but when healthy, he has been amazingly consistant. Just think, he has been in the wrong place at the wrong time, most of his career, and has come out on top more often than not. He had the "crazy genious" Mike Martz drive him out of St Louis, in favor of the younger, less expensive Marc Bulger, then he goes to a very bad Giants team, plays pretty good, but loses out his job to Payton Manning's little brother, Eli. So, he has nowhere to go, and gets put behind the rooke flavor of the year, Matt Leinart. Again, the Cardianls, as putrid as they have been, can't justify keeping him on the bench, even when they have so much invested in Leinart. Warner is a Hall Of Famer, no doubt!

I love Jim Kelly, but how can any Bills fan, say that Warners' HOF credentials are borderline, when Jimbo is in there?

Warner had a bad stretch with concussion and thumb problems, but when healthy, he has been amazingly consistant. Just think, he has been in the wrong place at the wrong time, most of his career, and has come out on top more often than not. He had the "crazy genious" Mike Martz drive him out of St Louis, in favor of the younger, less expensive Marc Bulger, then he goes to a very bad Giants team, plays pretty good, but loses out his job to Payton Manning's little brother, Eli. So, he has nowhere to go, and gets put behind the rooke flavor of the year, Matt Leinart. Again, the Cardianls, as putrid as they have been, can't justify keeping him on the bench, even when they have so much invested in Leinart. Warner is a Hall Of Famer, no doubt!

:lol::nana::wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

People thought his career was over after that brilliant stretch in ST LOUIS.He was not a very good QB there for a while cuz of thos e problems. Those things need to be factored in the equation. He has recovered admirably from the concussions and the thumb--esp at his advanced age.

:lol::nana::wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Believe me, no disrespect intended toward Kelly, but I have numerous arguments (which I don't agree with) that Kelly is a was a borderline/marginal HOF caliber QB. So, if I can argue that Kelly belongs (and he does IMO) I can't argue that Warner does not. His stats alone merit strong consideration, and the MVP's and Super Bowl ring (along with a loss in the SB) seal the deal, IMO.

He was run out of town by Mike Martz. He had just 7 bad games. That's it. He was healthy, as far as I know, when the Rams lost in the playoffs to the Carolina Panthers, and they started Bulger.

I've made several posts about Warner, before the Bills played the Cardinals and I said he walks on water, but the only reason people don't like him is his "jesus boy" stuff. And I stick by that. People don't like Warner because he's not PC.

He's in the top 10 QB's of all time . . . easy.