San Fran at Arizona, Monday nighter

zow2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

San Francisco just sh*t the bed. What a piss poor performance. At least we are not niners fans right now.

Wow, and we thought the Bills were coached poorly. They get the ball down to the 2 with about 45 seconds left and it takes 25 seconds to spike the ball??? And then you have 20 seconds and 2nd down and you call a run??? You can have 3 pass plays or MAYBE 2 running plays and you chose 2 plays?? And they only would have had 1 running play if the challenge hadn't saved them from the penalty and 10 second run off. That was pathetic all around. Mike Martz actually looked like he was going to cry.

Wow, and we thought the Bills were coached poorly. They get the ball down to the 2 with about 45 seconds left and it takes 25 seconds to spike the ball??? And then you have 20 seconds and 2nd down and you call a run??? You can have 3 pass plays or MAYBE 2 running plays and you chose 2 plays?? And they only would have had 1 running play if the challenge hadn't saved them from the penalty and 10 second run off. That was pathetic all around. Mike Martz actually looked like he was going to cry.

Exactly what I was thinking. By running, you take a play away. I guess they lost confidence in Hill?

There were too many things wrong with that last sequence to know where to criticize first.

First of all, they have a 1st down at the 1 yard line with the clock ticking. Forget, for one second how long it took them to spike the ball :lol:. Instead of spiking the ball on first down at the one, they should have taken a quick strike (pass) into the end zone. If that doesn't work, they still have 17 or 18 seconds left, and 2nd down.

Whether or not they spike the ball, or take the quick shot, they definitely THROW on 2nd down, as then it allows them to use all of their downs, if they choose. What the 49ers did, is limit themselves to two plays, when they had the possibility of running four (and enough time if done properly).

Then, of course, the play they decided to end the game with was totally horrific. I'm a big "run the ball", but c'mon, there is a time and a place for everything.

Yes, it is easy to look back and say they should have done this, or that, but I was screaming at the TV while they were lining up. Oh, well. At least it isn't just the Bills that do that stuff. And, for the record, I don't think Jauron calls any offensive plays (even in the red zone), although I could be wrong on that.