Jauron apologists

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

didn't GW Bush go there too? maybe they are both legacies

but remember who hired dick. he should get some of the blame even if he led us to 4 straight super bowl lo...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't GW Bush go there too? maybe they are both legacies

but remember who hired dick. he should get some of the blame even if he led us to 4 straight super bowl losse...

Marv Levy should have been fired after the second SB loss. He took a team that was arguably the most talented squad this league has ever seen and ever will, and got outcoached four times in a row to make them perennial losers. So, yeah, I got no problem handing Marv some of the credit for this current mismanagement of the team.

i am not happy with this team right now either. and frankly, speaking about the performances from the last 3 weeks, the easier question is "who ISNT to blame?" since this team has repeatedly failed in every aspect, at every position.

it was only a few weeks ago that plenty of people here (and some of the bashers in this thread) were talking about our great coaching.

im not going to say that the coaching doesnt deserve some criticism and a serious kick in the ace, but the idea that we should get rid of the staff is ridiculous.

the titans went through some bad times with Fisher, but they stuck with him. the same can be said for any/every successful coach.

My feeling is this, and this is just my opinion as I have no say in what happens at OBD, but if Jauron doesn't coach this team into the playoffs by season's end, then I would like the team to head in another direction. Is it fair to say with the talent that we have and the opportunity in front of us with the Patriots, Colts and Steelers not looking nearly as dangerous as they have the previous two years, that the table is set for Jauron to get this team into playoff contention?

Anything short of the playoffs and Jauron as a coach cements his image to me of a perennial loser.

and this will be dick's last HC gig. he will either retire or be a d coordinator, i bet he retires

Let's hope he calls it quits after this season. It would be the honorable thing to do.

i would prefer that he resigns right now and admits the game has passed him by, that head coaching is becoming a profession for young to middle aged men (the best example is mike tomlin-this guy is the ANTI-JAURON)

and this will be dick's last HC gig. he will either retire or be a d coordinator, i bet he retires

I just can't believe the front office just gave him a new 3 year deal. What the heck are they thinking? At least wait until the guy shows that he can lead the team to victory over any team with a winning record. Hopefully it's not 3 years guaranteed at 100% salary. No way he makes it that long.

DJ hasn't turned the ball over 12 times in the last three games. Nor has he completely stunk at running the ball.

Allowing the predictable, demented play calling that's been going on to continue is basically ALLOWING these turnovers to occur. We scream exactly what we're going to do on almost every down. The New England game could have been won solely if real coaching existed on that team.

Allowing the predictable, demented play calling that's been going on to continue is basically ALLOWING these turnovers to occur. We scream exactly what we're going to do on almost every down. The New England game could have been won solely if real coaching existed on that team.

Didn't he say something like "we don't try to out-think or outsmart the opponent, we try to out-execute them." Maybe we could try outsmarting or out-thinking someone, because out-executing sure as hell ain't working.

DJ hasn't turned the ball over 12 times in the last three games. Nor has he completely stunk at running the ball.

DJ is the HC of an NFL Football Team...EVERYTHING that happens on the Field is ultimately His responsibility...It IS his fault they can't Run the Ball...He's said time and time again He wants to be a Run 1st Offense...This team plays in Buffalo freaking NY...They had better figure out a way to Run The Ball...That's DJ's JOB...And He's failing miserably... :devil:

His tenure with the Bills speaks for itself. You can look at this thing any way you want to: you can just scope out the tip of the iceberg and note that he's lost more games than he's won, and conclude that he can never be a winning head coach. If you want to be pessimistic about it, that case is certainly available to you.

Or you can dig just a bit deeper, and consider the personnel he's worked with during that time. In year 1, he overachieved. In year 2, he again overachieved. In year 3, he's 5-4 and in the thick of the AFC playoff hunt. Whats to complain about?

Not that you are supposed to care, but I have a great deal of respect for you and others who defend Jauron. As a long time poster, I have gone against the grain on many issues, and it wasn't always fun.

That said, I strongly disagree with you. I think that he was just as responsible for the players we brought in during his tenure as was anybody. At this point, I am thinking that he has final say on draft day. Who could he be answering to? Ralph? Remember his remarks about being "jubilant" that McKelvin was still there? He wasn't talking about Brandon Albert. No, he was just that happy to waste the #11 pick on a corner, who without a good front 4 is all but useless.

To those who think that he will change, my question is why should he? Ralph rewarded the man with a 3 year extension. Casual fans can see what is wrong with this team. Jauron doesn't seem able to, because he is a big part of it.

Jmo.

Not that you are supposed to care, but I have a great deal of respect for you and others who defend Jauron. As a long time poster, I have gone against the grain on many issues, and it wasn't always fun.

That said, I strongly disagree with you. I think that he was just as responsible for the players we brought in during his tenure as was anybody. At this point, I am thinking that he has final say on draft day. Who could he be answering to? Ralph? Remember his remarks about being "jubilant" that McKelvin was still there? He wasn't talking about Brandon Albert. No, he was just that happy to waste the #11 pick on a corner, who without a good front 4 is all but useless.

To those who think that he will change, my question is why should he? Ralph rewarded the man with a 3 year extension. Casual fans can see what is wrong with this team. Jauron doesn't seem able to, because he is a big part of it.

Jmo.

They have tried, in their way, to improve the lines. Year 1, they traded up to get McCargo...you can certainly make the case they should have foreseen his failure, but at least it shows they recognized from day 1 they needed to address the lines. Then they brought in Dockery and Walker, who have been unspectacular but decent. They also extended Butler, hoping he would be part of the answer in the middle...that seems at this point to be a failure.

Year 2, they brought in Stroud to seal up the middle of the line, which he has done effectively. I suppose they hoped that Kelsay and Denney being healthy together would produce a pass rush, as they did in 2006 with 12 combined sacks. That unfortunately hasn't happened. I also suppose they figured those same 5 guys on the offensive line would be able to "gel" and improve on a decent '07 campaign. That also has not happened.

This offseason, there won't be anywhere else to go. Its glaringly obvious that Fowler, Butler, McCargo and Kelsay have not worked out the way they hoped, and at least 3 of those 4 must be upgraded for this team to get any better. Most other positions on this team are solid, so the lines are clearly where their attention should go. I fully expect Jauron, Modrak and company to prioritize both lines. I sincerely hope I'm not being overly-optimistic.

After all, other than the McKelvin pick, I really feel they've done a good job at using 1st and 2nd round picks to address spots that desperately needed attention (Whitner, McCargo, Lynch, Poz, Hardy). To me, the offensive and defensive lines are the only spots on this team that desperately need attention, so if that trend continues, we should both get what we want this year.

oh, anyone catch dick smiling and laughing it up when interacting with TE after his first INT? yea, real funny dick. i guess you can laugh stuff like that off when you have 100% job security

head coaching at its finest by dick tonight, no?

:angry:

I may be Jauron's biggest critic on this board, and I think I can defend him a bit tonight. I saw some good things. Running out of the shotgun was effective. You can see that getting Lynch past the line of scrimmage has tremendous value. They did some things to get him the ball away from the pile. Defensively they went after the QB with a bigger pass rush and made some plays. It hurt them on a couple but overall it was a plus in the game.

On the last possession, you can question the 3 runs at the end. I think you expect to gain a few more yards than they did, but again you can see that when you plan to run into the pile and the other team knows it, not much is gained. Running left and putting the ball to the left hash is questionable unless Lindell wanted it there. On a tough night to kick at that end of the field, you really don't want it to be a 47 yarder. A short play action pass would have been low risk on 1st or 2nd down.

Dick made some changes from previous weeks. It almost worked. Turnovers again were the downfall.

I may be Jauron's biggest critic on this board, and I think I can defend him a bit tonight. I saw some good things. Running out of the shotgun was effective. You can see that getting Lynch past the line of scrimmage has tremendous value. They did some things to get him the ball away from the pile. Defensively they went after the QB with a bigger pass rush and made some plays. It hurt them on a couple but overall it was a plus in the game.

On the last possession, you can question the 3 runs at the end. I think you expect to gain a few more yards than they did, but again you can see that when you plan to run into the pile and the other team knows it, not much is gained. Running left and putting the ball to the left hash is questionable unless Lindell wanted it there. On a tough night to kick at that end of the field, you really don't want it to be a 47 yarder. A short play action pass would have been low risk on 1st or 2nd down.

Dick made some changes from previous weeks. It almost worked. Turnovers again were the downfall.

Glad to see you can change it up. :angry:

There really isn't much to complain about concerning the coaches this week. The one thing is that I think the posts attacking them for not being more aggressive on the final drive are valid. Why rely on a 45-yarder into the wind? Edwards looked confident on the throw to Royal...why not roll with that? They had plenty of time, and two timeouts...if you can set up a chip shot field goal, I can't see why you wouldn't try to do that. I understand Edwards had thrown three interceptions, but the wind had been a major factor on special teams throughout the game, and if Edwards has a check-down option, you've got to trust your guy to take care of the football. Serious error there, imo.

What really lost us this game was individuals just not stepping up when they had a chance to put it away. Lindell's field goal was no chippy...but step up and make it anyway! On Cleveland's final drive, three times we had reasonable chances to make plays: Corner missed an easy blindside sack, and McKelvin and Simpson both failed to come up with game-winning INTs. Its the players that let this one slip away.