Hey Wacka, Your Boy's Gone Off The Deep End

Someone please explain to me how Obama can get us out of this recession. His plan is to basically take money away from corporations, depreciate the stock market, and give hand outs. I fail to see how making companies cut jobs/raise prices will do anything to fix the economic woes this country faces. Not to mention any increase in capital gains taxes will severely stunt the growth of of the Indexes.

His talking points seem to follow the line of "steal from the rich and give to the poor." Is giving people $2000 handouts really worth the loss of jobs that will be caused by it?

Shhhhhhhhh!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an officer I got to go to banquets in the entire Third Battalion, even better as a representative to the State Association I'd go to that too!

When NYS raised the drinking age to 21, we had to raise our enrollment age because we did have beer at the firehall....shoot we had an old truck whose water tank was converted into a cooler so we could haul beer to parades.

Ahhhhh those were the days. We saved the taxpayers big bucks (were rated on a professional scale although we were volunteer) and had a lot of fun doing it. We had a waiting list of a year, or more. Not now.

Did they let you grow a beard?

I hate to break it to you, but Obama IS NOT THE PRESIDENT.

What you should be asking here is WHAT IS GEORGE W. BUSH DOING?!

Obama is not the president. But when's the last time a lame-duck president did anything?

That's what I love about the time between election and inauguration...everything's every one else's responsibility. :wallbash:

I thought his list of economic advisors was pretty impressive. Who else should he have included to reassure Wall/Main Streets?

I am not talking about his "advisers," all of whom have massive personal interest in particular stocks, by the way. I am talking about the list of people he is reportedly considering to actually put in positions of power pertaining to the U.S. economy. And I am saying those he is supposedly considering are not catalysts of change; rather, they are just more guys deeply rooted in the establishment long running the show.

I am not talking about his "advisers," all of whom have massive personal interest in particular stocks, by the way. I am talking about the list of people he is reportedly considering to actually put in positions of power pertaining to the U.S. economy. And I am saying those he is supposedly considering are not catalysts of change; rather, they are just more guys deeply rooted in the establishment long running the show.

How DARE he pick people with experience in economics and finance for positions requiring economic and financial experience!!! Scandal!!! Same "scandal", in fact, as when Bush chose people from the energy industry to put together his energy policy. And I have the same reaction: are you kidding me? What, the president can only get advice from people who aren't qualified to give it?

Maybe Obama should just surround himself with Economic graduate students then. Would that make you happy?

Go Rush, Go!!! I hope this guy stays a major, nay! THE major force in the GOP.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/11/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin

What may have ended on Election Day, though, is the centrality of the South to national politics. By voting so emphatically for Senator John McCain over Mr. Obama — supporting him in some areas in even greater numbers than they did President Bush — voters from Texas to South Carolina and Kentucky may have marginalized their region for some time to come, political experts say.

The region’s absence from Mr. Obama’s winning formula means it “is becoming distinctly less important,” said Wayne Parent, a political scientist at Louisiana State University. “The South has moved from being the center of the political universe to being an outside player in presidential politics.”

One reason for that is that the South is no longer a solid voting bloc. Along the Atlantic Coast, parts of the “suburban South,” notably Virginia and North Carolina, made history last week in breaking from their Confederate past and supporting Mr. Obama. Those states have experienced an influx of better educated and more prosperous voters in recent years, pointing them in a different political direction than states farther west, like Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi, and Appalachian sections of Kentucky and Tennessee. Southern counties that voted more heavily Republican this year than in 2004 tended to be poorer, less educated and whiter, a statistical analysis by The New York Times shows.

The problem is that the same class of ijits who are rushing to buy up all the guns, who think Obama's a Muslim etc

Well, write me down if you have not already as one of those ijits who believe that one of the first things Obama does in office is to bring back the cosmetic assault weapon ban and will eventually ban all semi-auto guns. Right now I'm buying up as many AR-15 striped down upper receivers that I can, they will be worth a lot of cash after the ban, will triple my money thanks BO!

Well, write me down if you have not already as one of those ijits who believe that one of the first things Obama does in office is to bring back the cosmetic assault weapon ban and will eventually ban all semi-auto guns. Right now I'm buying up as many AR-15 striped down upper receivers that I can, they will be worth a lot of cash after the ban, will triple my money thanks BO!

Speaking of kool aid drinkers, looks like the gun vendors got you with the "Obama is going to ban guns like right away so buy a ton of them before he does!" load of bs. You've got to give them credit though, I hear business really is booming.

Speaking of kool aid drinkers, looks like the gun vendors got you with the "Obama is going to ban guns like right away so buy a ton of them before he does!" load of bs. You've got to give them credit though, I hear business really is booming.

I was watching an interview the other day with a gun store owner, and when he was asked about the spike in gun sales, his comment was something to the effect of "Nothing makes people run out to buy guns faster than when a Democrat is elected president."

It's just a GOP/Obamaphobic talking point that drives me nuts. Suddenly equal taxes for the rich becomes hand outs for the poor. To my knowledge, that is not based on ANYTHING mentioned in his economic platform.

Well, how is putting a windfall tax on big oil and then giving people $1000 from that not a handout?

It's just a GOP/Obamaphobic talking point that drives me nuts. Suddenly equal taxes for the rich becomes hand outs for the poor. To my knowledge, that is not based on ANYTHING mentioned in his economic platform.

How is paying a greater pecentage of one's income equal???