EDITED: Reasons for Optimism

Basically we need to run the table on November then have the rest of the AFC East teams split the rest of their games against each other, then we need to beat all of them in December. We could probably lose to Denver and get in at 11-5 but then again, who knows. You would figure in the AFC 11-5 would get us in this year though.

KC I think will be a lot tougher then you guys think..........

So will Cleveland. I'm reading a lot around here about the schedule getting easy with 3 weak teams on deck. Cleveland is 3-3 in their last six games, the three losses were by an average of 5 points. They nearly beat Denver on Thursday and will have had 10 days to prepare for us. Even at the Ralph, It's going to take a huge effort to get back on track.

We need to acknowledge that this team really really stinks. Can't anyone deal with reality anymore?

There are some who refust to admit that from top to bottom, the organization is a shambles. Meddling owner, amateur GM, retread HC, etc. Those people generally don't know what success is (i.e. making the playoffs) and so mediocrity is the only thing they know.

I've really started looking at the prospects for the 09 draft. Funny how this time of year that always happens.

• -Bills' next three games: vs. Cleveland MNF game, the crowd will be rockin' and the team will be pumped. @ KC, hopefully no Larry Johnson. vs SF, a pretty easy game.

-Brad Butler may be back next week.

-Leodis McKelvin is gaining confidence as a Kick Returner. James Hardy may also be gaining confidence after that TD catch.

-Dicky J says that he 'will find ways to help them [the team]'.

-The Bills are 5-4.

-Jason Peters won't be getting any mega-sized contract any time soon.

1) The Bills couldn't beat a high school team playing the way they have been lately, and especially today.

2) When Brad Butler returning to the lineup is a reason for optimism, you know there are serious OLine issues...

3) Leodis actually LOOKED like a guy that led the NCAA in returns today for the first time. Bills might look to put him back on punts because Parrish has shown a maddening ability to refuse to return punts lately---he is a fair catch machine, including one where he probably would have had a good 15-20 yard return today with noone anywhere near him...

4) How does a coach tell his OC and DC to stop coaching "scared"? A major problem is the Bills don't understand how to create mismatches on either side of the ball, and the Patriots, with less talent than the Bills have at many positions today, obviously still do. Unless Jauron has an idea how to create these mismatches, which the Bills DEFINITELY have, all this talk will be useless...

5) Yes 5-4, the same record as last year at this time, with a much more talented team this year. Not good enough, sorry.

Plus at this time last year they were a "hot" team heading in the right direction---this year they are sliding downhill fast...

6) Peters I am kinda stunned with---the guy looks nothing like the dominating force he was last year, unless he is doing it on purpose in spite, hoping the Bills won't resign him and he can go elsewhere, angry they wouldn't restructure his contract this year. Sounds stupid, but the entire way he went about his holdout was pretty dumb also....

(Oakland, St. Louis, KC, San Fran, Cleveland, Seattle, etc.).

Win all of those and split with all the AFC teams gets us in the playoffs at 11-5 (assuming we lose to Denver, which may win to be 12-4). Miami has to travel to play us as well as NE for the last game of the year.

• -Bills' next three games: vs. Cleveland MNF game, the crowd will be rockin' and the team will be pumped. @ KC, hopefully no Larry Johnson. vs SF, a pretty easy game.

-Brad Butler may be back next week.

-Leodis McKelvin is gaining confidence as a Kick Returner. James Hardy may also be gaining confidence after that TD catch.

-Dicky J says that he 'will find ways to help them [the team]'.

-The Bills are 5-4.

-Jason Peters won't be getting any mega-sized contract any time soon.

Also, you guys should just be thankful to have a team to root for. Granted, the Bills are not a perennial powerhouse like the Patriots, but they are one of the longest withstanding teams in the entire league. Heck, they might be the one thing you have had in your life the longest! With all of this talk of the Bills moving to Toronto, I no longer take any game, whether it be a win or a loss for granted. I am a freaking 18 year old numbnuts who lives in Florida, but the Bills always have and always will have a significant role in my life and it should have one in yours' too!

Another thing, the Bills are on the rise and no one should deny it. They have a 25 year old quarterback who is going to be a future star, a hard-nose duo of running backs, a head coach that players love to play for, exceptional special teams, and, most of all, character. The Bills management is willing to do what it takes to get the players it needs, too. The Bills may not be super this year, but they have a solid nucleus to build upon, and they will definitely appease us sometime in the near future.

Dude, I am almost 2 and a half times your age and have been watching the Bills since 1976. This team we have in 2008 has absolutely no heart, poor coaching and zero toughness outside of Marshawn Lynch. The NFL is a tough guy league and we have very few tough guys who want to hurt people on the field.

Our management is awful and our coaching staff is worse. We have brought in noone over the past decade that has made a difference in helping us WIN games. Look at our QB's since Doug Flutie. RJ, Drew, Holcomb, JP and TE. They have all SUCKED, and TE right now is heading there. Watch the lack of intensity on our team, and compare it to almost every other team around the league. We just do not come to play week after week. I am so fed up, I want to scream and cry at the same time. I watch every game with my nine year old son. He doesn't think we will win another game this year. He has never seen us go to the playoffs. You all think we are just going to wipe the Browns, Chiefs and 49ers. While these teams are not great by any means, they are laying it on the line every week. We just look scared and look like we don't care. TE has taken on the same role as JP. Never gets fired up. Never is talking with his teammates. There is just a big disconnect on this team between players and coaches, players and players. WE ARE GOING THRU THE MOTIONS.

Guys like Marcus Stroud come to our team, and make minimal impact. Other guys like Keith Ellison and John McCargo make absolutely zero impact. Our best receiver had 2 catches today. When was the last time he stepped up in a big game? It doesn't happen, and it never happens. Get some reality Junior. Things will only change when we clean the front office and coaching staff and bring in some hard nosed tough guys who can identify talented players and than coach them up.

Win all of those and split with all the AFC teams gets us in the playoffs at 11-5 (assuming we lose to Denver, which may win to be 12-4). Miami has to travel to play us as well as NE for the last game of the year.

We loose 3 straight to the division and 4 of the last 5 overall. You assume we win out save the Denver game, but still may pull that one out... May I PLEASE have whatever the fugg you are snorting/smoking/eating? I would love to be where you are right now.

Dude, I am almost 2 and a half times your age and have been watching the Bills since 1976. This team we have in 2008 has absolutely no heart, poor coaching and zero toughness outside of Marshawn Lynch. The NFL is a tough guy league and we have very few tough guys who want to hurt people on the field.

Our management is awful and our coaching staff is worse. We have brought in noone over the past decade that has made a difference in helping us WIN games. Look at our QB's since Doug Flutie. RJ, Drew, Holcomb, JP and TE. They have all SUCKED, and TE right now is heading there. Watch the lack of intensity on our team, and compare it to almost every other team around the league. We just do not come to play week after week. I am so fed up, I want to scream and cry at the same time. I watch every game with my nine year old son. He doesn't think we will win another game this year. He has never seen us go to the playoffs. You all think we are just going to wipe the Browns, Chiefs and 49ers. While these teams are not great by any means, they are laying it on the line every week. We just look scared and look like we don't care. TE has taken on the same role as JP. Never gets fired up. Never is talking with his teammates. There is just a big disconnect on this team between players and coaches, players and players. WE ARE GOING THRU THE MOTIONS.

Guys like Marcus Stroud come to our team, and make minimal impact. Other guys like Keith Ellison and John McCargo make absolutely zero impact. Our best receiver had 2 catches today. When was the last time he stepped up in a big game? It doesn't happen, and it never happens. Get some reality Junior. Things will only change when we clean the front office and coaching staff and bring in some hard nosed tough guys who can identify talented players and than coach them up.

Jeesh, I understand that you have more experience than me as a Bills fan, but I also watched qbs like Bledsoe, JP, and now Trent. Trent is way better than JP and will probably have a career similar to Bledsoe. As far as the Bills lacking heart and toughness, I'm not quite sure how you get that. Have you been on the sideline each week actually hearing these guys say they have no heart? Have you watched every other team in the league this year and witnessed their 'heart'? I'm pretty sure I know the answer to those questions. I know on television it may look like the Bills have 'no heart' but what do you want them to do? Donte Whinter had his eyebrow stapled in the middle of a game, and he continued to play. Terrence McGee got his a$$ lit up by Ted Ginn because he was playing with a sprained knee. Trent Edwards had a concussion and only missed a week (a by week nonetheless). Jason Peters is mentally retarded and plays shows up every week. And as for guys like Stroud having minimal 'effect', I think you are wrong once again. Stroud is by far the Bills best defensive linemen, and if he had any supporting cast I'm sure he'd be even better. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked to see the guy in the Pro-Bowl this year. I am kind of shocked that you call the Bills' management 'awful'. Russ Brandon and co. have done a pretty shabby job so far to me, they traded for Stroud (even though he is making 'minimal impact' he is head and shoulders better than anything we previously had), they signed Kawika Mitchell, they re-signed Lee Evans, they didn't give into Jason Peters, and they are working towards keeping the Bills in Orchard Park.

So I know I might need some sort of a reality check, but maybe you could use one too. The Bills lost, and you are taking it worse than a teenager who spells the word 'frugle' wrong. The Bills do have heart, and they have some solid players to build around. I don't know how down you'd be if you were a Lions or Raiders fan!

Jeesh, I understand that you have more experience than me as a Bills fan, but I also watched qbs like Bledsoe, JP, and now Trent. Trent is way better than JP and will probably have a career similar to Bledsoe. As far as the Bills lacking heart and toughness, I'm not quite sure how you get that. Have you been on the sideline each week actually hearing these guys say they have no heart? Have you watched every other team in the league this year and witnessed their 'heart'? I'm pretty sure I know the answer to those questions. I know on television it may look like the Bills have 'no heart' but what do you want them to do? Donte Whinter had his eyebrow stapled in the middle of a game, and he continued to play. Terrence McGee got his a$$ lit up by Ted Ginn because he was playing with a sprained knee. Trent Edwards had a concussion and only missed a week (a by week nonetheless). Jason Peters is mentally retarded and plays shows up every week. And as for guys like Stroud having minimal 'effect', I think you are wrong once again. Stroud is by far the Bills best defensive linemen, and if he had any supporting cast I'm sure he'd be even better. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked to see the guy in the Pro-Bowl this year. I am kind of shocked that you call the Bills' management 'awful'. Russ Brandon and co. have done a pretty shabby job so far to me, they traded for Stroud (even though he is making 'minimal impact' he is head and shoulders better than anything we previously had), they signed Kawika Mitchell, they re-signed Lee Evans, they didn't give into Jason Peters, and they are working towards keeping the Bills in Orchard Park.

So I know I might need some sort of a reality check, but maybe you could use one too. The Bills lost, and you are taking it worse than a teenager who spells the word 'frugle' wrong. The Bills do have heart, and they have some solid players to build around. I don't know how down you'd be if you were a Lions or Raiders fan!

Trent is much smarter than Drew ever was, he will get more experience as time goes on.

Reason to be optimistic:

-We just got through the toughest part of our schedule for the entire season. I don't think anybody expected us to beat New England this weekend with the way we've been playing lately and it's nice just to get out of that game without any more serious injuries (that i know of).

- We've played quality opponents the last three games and The Bills have played some some of their worst football all season...yet they still kept the game in reach until the last 5 minutes or so. I just don't see Cleveland, KC or San Fran giving us fits like the past 3 teams have. IF (BIG IF) we take those three games then I have a feeling we'll see a newly energized team in Toronto. (9-4 1-3 wouldn't sound too horrible.)

- We have two more losses to give before we can kiss a Wildcard playoff spot goodbye...

4) How does a coach tell his OC and DC to stop coaching "scared"? A major problem is the Bills don't understand how to create mismatches on either side of the ball, and the Patriots, with less talent than the Bills have at many positions today, obviously still do. Unless Jauron has an idea how to create these mismatches, which the Bills DEFINITELY have, all this talk will be useless...

Answer: DJ doesn't.

The reality is, DJ picked coordinators who follow his gameplans. They mirror their boss, who may be the coach with the most who delivers the least. And the OC and DC deliver a predictable floozy of a gameplan which neatly falls inline with their HC who has had 6 different coordinators over the course of 7 and a half seasons in the NFL.

Junior, if this is what you consider to be a strong team, than one your expectations are pitifully low, and two you have not watched enough football in your short life to have any clue as to what a talented, tough, well coached football team is.

We played our three division rivals on successive weeks and had no chance to win any of the three games. And by the way, Kawika and Marcus have had minimal impact on our fortunes this year. Marcus played big against the Seahawks, and Kawika played big against the Chargers. And by the way your boy Donte drafted with the 8th pick of the 2006 draft has how many picks in his illustrious career?

I love the Bills more than anything but my three kids. I have missed ONE game since the 1988 season. I think I can say that I know football and the Bills as well as anyone on this board. Today was downright painful. Take off the rose colored glasses and learn the game, study the game before making such ridiculous banter. Thanks and have a good day at high school tomorrow.

Junior, if this is what you consider to be a strong team, than one your expectations are pitifully low, and two you have not watched enough football in your short life to have any clue as to what a talented, tough, well coached football team is.

We played our three division rivals on successive weeks and had no chance to win any of the three games. And by the way, Kawika and Marcus have had minimal impact on our fortunes this year. Marcus played big against the Seahawks, and Kawika played big against the Chargers. And by the way your boy Donte drafted with the 8th pick of the 2006 draft has how many picks in his illustrious career?

I love the Bills more than anything but my three kids. I have missed ONE game since the 1988 season. I think I can say that I know football and the Bills as well as anyone on this board. Today was downright painful. Take off the rose colored glasses and learn the game, study the game before making such ridiculous banter. Thanks and have a good day at high school tomorrow.

I've been watching them nearly the same length of time and there is one thing I will not do to another Bills fan, post very condesending things to them. You & I have no right to tell someone else just because we have seen similiar things, that we are done. I think this team reminds me of the 1988 Bills & they're just learning to win. 88' Bills finished the season losing 3 of their last 4 games, what a way to go into the playoffs. It doesn't matter where the losing comes in as long as it goes out just as fast. We smoke the next 3 teams, everyone will be back on the bandwagon and we have everything in front of us. All of our teams in the division should lose 1 or more over the next 3 weeks, they all play eachother so that's just going to happen. We take care of our business by preying on weaker teams, get a few players back healthy and we can make a run.

Please stop talking down to people and calling them Jr., it's just wrong.