Press conference

Gisele

Reminds me of Gregg Williams or Mularkey or Drew Bledsoe week-after-week-after-week -- "we need to execute better, blah, blah, blah, we need to correct our mistakes, blah, blah, blah". Say SOMETHING MEANINGFUL. This is total BS. Light a FIRE under these guys! Get angry. Show some emotion.

I completely agree with the lack of emotion - I could name you 20 coaches who would have been running on to the field waving their red flag, tackling a ref to make sure his challenge flag was seen. The coach across the field is one of those 20.

I refuse to accept "its on me, I guess I should have run to get the refs attention" after the game in his press conference. You are a coach in the NFL - you dont get silly excuses like that. Make a stand for your team, fight for them, do something.

DJ's Press Conferences are horrid (execute, like what we did, blah blah blah) - BUT you need to listen to these reporters questions. No one asks him tough questions, no one challenges him. "How much was todays troubles attributed to your opponent?", "Where do you need to get better", "How is Trent doing", blah blah blah. how about asking

"Why didnt you fight harder if you really wanted to challenge welkers catch - it was pretty obvious how big of a play that was, putting the pats at the 15 yard line, did you really think the ref would see it as your dropped it by your foot 30 yards away?" OR

"where's the emotion on this team, where is the fight, why did you look so flat all day?" OR

"what are you going to do about the problem at C and RG? 3 weeks in a row, teams with dominant DT have had their way with them, how do you plan to amend this for next week?" OR

"Why do you keep abandoning the run every week? when you get 7 yards on 1st down, why pass it from shotgun on 2nd and 3rd down - especially after you just picked up 2 first downs from running the ball?" OR

"You harp on mental mistakes after every game, yet it still happens every week. What are you doing wrong here?"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, what you and I fail to realize apparently is that Jauron is a visionary who understands what no one else does, that you don't need a pass rush to play defense in the NFL.

The thing is, Jauron seems like a great guy. Levy seems like a great guy. Ralph kept the team in WNY. In this sense, I can understand fans getting defensive of Ralph and Marv because of their ages. Jauron, nice guy and all, is another matter imo.

As I recall, Jauron said himself that if they didn't win this season, his job should be in jeopardy. Well, he was given a 3 year extension, and presumably has the ultimate say on draft day. As a poster stated in another thread, there is no reason to believe that Jauron will do what it takes to make the Bills a winner. He is book smart, but the capability of winning in this league doesn't seem to be there.

Hey, at least we were in it for a while, and there is even still a chance for the playoffs "on paper." You and I may be critical and cantankerous, but the threats of abandoning the Bills are not coming from us. :beer::thumbsup:

I completely agree with the lack of emotion - I could name you 20 coaches who would have been running on to the field waving their red flag, tackling a ref to make sure his challenge flag was seen. The coach across the field is one of those 20.

I refuse to accept "its on me, I guess I should have run to get the refs attention" after the game in his press conference. You are a coach in the NFL - you dont get silly excuses like that. Make a stand for your team, fight for them, do something.

DJ's Press Conferences are horrid (execute, like what we did, blah blah blah) - BUT you need to listen to these reporters questions. No one asks him tough questions, no one challenges him. "How much was todays troubles attributed to your opponent?", "Where do you need to get better", "How is Trent doing", blah blah blah. how about asking

"Why didnt you fight harder if you really wanted to challenge welkers catch - it was pretty obvious how big of a play that was, putting the pats at the 15 yard line, did you really think the ref would see it as your dropped it by your foot 30 yards away?" OR

"where's the emotion on this team, where is the fight, why did you look so flat all day?" OR

"what are you going to do about the problem at C and RG? 3 weeks in a row, teams with dominant DT have had their way with them, how do you plan to amend this for next week?" OR

"Why do you keep abandoning the run every week? when you get 7 yards on 1st down, why pass it from shotgun on 2nd and 3rd down - especially after you just picked up 2 first downs from running the ball?" OR

"You harp on mental mistakes after every game, yet it still happens every week. What are you doing wrong here?"

THANK YOU!!!!! YES! Our media representatives are just as pathetic as the coach is. Or they are getting paid off. Either way, the whole thing stinks. That PC made me sick.

Listen, Dick Jauron isn't exactly the cream of the coaching crop, but lets not compare him to Marv Levy or anyone like that. Buffalo is in a slump right now. Bottom line, if we don't come out of the next 3 games at 8-4, we don't deserve to get to the playoffs and Dick Jauron may make some B.S. decisions, but the talent on this team isn't executing either. Its the WHOLE teams fault that they're playing poorly, not just one guys.

Listen, Dick Jauron isn't exactly the cream of the coaching crop, but lets not compare him to Marv Levy or anyone like that. Buffalo is in a slump right now. Bottom line, if we don't come out of the next 3 games at 8-4, we don't deserve to get to the playoffs and Dick Jauron may make some B.S. decisions, but the talent on this team isn't executing either. Its the WHOLE teams fault that they're playing poorly, not just one guys.

I think this post needs it's own thread

I completely agree. Pretty simple really. Why people choose to stress over it doesn't make sense. We will either be good enough or not. And yes, Jauron WILL make bad decisions, Edwards WILL play like the sometimes confused 2nd year QB that he is, and even our BEST players will not execute from time to time. There is nothing that our less talented players, forced to play due to injury, can really rely on BUT proper execution and they WILL screw the pooch at some time or another as well. The trick is to limit the number of times all this happens at the SAME TIME.

GO BILLS!!!

Because retards think he shouldn't be.

Fantastic defense, full of factual and pertinent information that really solidifies your argument.

:devil::w00t: :w00t: :thumbsup:

Explain to me todd, if Jauron is such a fantastic head coach, why was there no one else bidding for his services when we were looking for a head coach?

Bill, what you and I fail to realize apparently is that Jauron is a visionary who understands what no one else does, that you don't need a pass rush to play defense in the NFL.

Nor do You need a Running Game to play Offense...

This is groundbreaking stuff Ol' Dead Dick is coming up with... :devil:

Jauron would say:

We played a very good team that is at the top of their game right now. They have many excellent players who have bought into the New England system. Our boys played well but we need to execute a bit better, avoid untimely penalties and thats on me to get them ready to play. if we had made a few plays here and there, its a very different ballgame. Well get back to work and tweak some things and be ready to play next week . Make no doubt about it, no one in that locker room is giving up and we fully intend to turn our season around and make the playoffs. don't count us out yet.

exactly-there was NO demand for jauron when he was fired from chicago. Ralph and Marv were probably the only ones to give him any serious consideration...why? because he could be had on the cheap and he is a friend of Marv's

Pretend your Dick Jauron and defend your performance today.

Hi I'm Dick Jauron and I'm here to defend my performance and my team's performance. "It's hard to win in the NFL." That is my motto, my mantra, the sentence I live up to every day as an NFL head coach. Even if my team plays a perfect game and blows another team out, I will do my best to make it hard for them from the sidelines. "It's hard to win in the NFL" was the first sentence out of my mouth when I was hired, and it is still the only thing I believe in today. So just leave me alone, let me continue to coach here in Buffalo in my own human-emotions-less way, and please just remember that "It's hard to win in the NFL." Any more questions? Great, now I'm off to work 20 hours a day with my coordinators and come up with a gameplan for the Browns that will absolutely not surprise them in any way shape or manner.

Hi I'm Dick Jauron and I'm here to defend my performance and my team's performance. "It's hard to win in the NFL." That is my motto, my mantra, the sentence I live up to every day as an NFL head coach. Even if my team plays a perfect game and blows another team out, I will do my best to make it hard for them from the sidelines. "It's hard to win in the NFL" was the first sentence out of my mouth when I was hired, and it is still the only thing I believe in today. So just leave me alone, let me continue to coach here in Buffalo in my own human-emotions-less way, and please just remember that "It's hard to win in the NFL." Any more questions? Great, now I'm off to work 20 hours a day with my coordinators and come up with a gameplan for the Browns that will absolutely not surprise them in any way shape or manner.

:devil: lol. if you gave bill cowher this roster that dick is working with, cowher would go 10-6 or better, easy. sell the damn stadium name rights, hand cowher that money and i will believe in this franchise

exactly-there was NO demand for jauron when he was fired from chicago. Ralph and Marv were probably the only ones to give him any serious consideration...why? because he could be had on the cheap and he is a friend of Marv's

I still think Marv wanted that job and Ralphie said no at the last minute.