Buffalo

that is bizarre....here in cali--where the prices are usually highest....we have it selling for 2.20 in some places

Been in Southern California many times for work and gas is not as high as some claim; some areas yes but I have found spots selling gas lower. Never had to seek it having rental car and gas paid for by company however.

In Buffalo there is high and higher only unless you want to go to Indian Reservations which are still higher than St Marys in PA where I fill up before Buffalo.

Article says $2.75 average in Rochester, but it even vary's widely depending on where you are. Henrietta is around $2.40's whereas Greece is around the $2.70's. My regular gas station (BJ's in Henrietta) has been the lowest in the region for a couple months. Thank you Fastrac for creating a price war.

Been in Southern California many times for work and gas is not as high as some claim; some areas yes but I have found spots selling gas lower. Never had to seek it having rental car and gas paid for by company however.

In Buffalo there is high and higher only unless you want to go to Indian Reservations which are still higher than St Marys in PA where I fill up before Buffalo.

yeah i used to go to the rez(when it wasnt out my way) in either akron or near NF to get gas

If someone understands gas pricing please enlighten us. Here in San Diego, the Arco closest to me sells gas at 2.45 per gallon and an Arco 10 miles away sells gas fro $2.25 per gallon! Why the fluctuation within the same chain, so close to each other?

:lol:

As I recall, and this could be wrong, but i think told to me by a friend who owned an exxon in DC. So I am not saying this is 100% accurate. But I seem to remember him telling me Exxon set the price for his gas based on zip code. So, he was in a nice middle class neihborhood, so he paid lets say $1.00 per gallon. Exxon 8 miles away in not so nice neighborhood paid $.90, and the one up the street with the $1M homes paid $1.10. Nothing he could do about.

exxon just figures if you have more expensive homes around, you will pay more for your gas.

BYW, paid $1.89 yesterday in Richmond. Anyboday who says taxes do not hurt the economy in NY is nuts

As I recall, and this could be wrong, but i think told to me by a friend who owned an exxon in DC. So I am not saying this is 100% accurate. But I seem to remember him telling me Exxon set the price for his gas based on zip code. So, he was in a nice middle class neihborhood, so he paid lets say $1.00 per gallon. Exxon 8 miles away in not so nice neighborhood paid $.90, and the one up the street with the $1M homes paid $1.10. Nothing he could do about.

exxon just figures if you have more expensive homes around, you will pay more for your gas.

BYW, paid $1.89 yesterday in Richmond. Anyboday who says taxes do not hurt the economy in NY is nuts

IS that legal? Insurance companies got busted for doing the same thing, charging by zip codes and accident rates by zip codes. Predominately Asian zip codes paid more than somewhere else. They had to stop that and homogenize their prices across the board. This sounds like an illegal practice to me.

$1.91 in Parker, Colorado just outside Denver.

$1.99 in Colorado Springs.

I just told a friend of mine out here, who is also from WNY originally and he couldn't believe gas was more in B-lo than California. I told "well at least we lead the nation in something." :lol:

IS that legal? Insurance companies got busted for doing the same thing, charging by zip codes and accident rates by zip codes. Predominately Asian zip codes paid more than somewhere else. They had to stop that and homogenize their prices across the board. This sounds like an illegal practice to me.

That's the problem with the oil companies. There are so few of them that they are all pretty much a monopoly. They can have their rates as high or low in specific areas no matter what.

There are plenty of insurance companies and so there is strict oversight on them, not to mention lots of competition.

Yes, it's called zone pricing. NY just passed a law to ban it.

The best part is they actually think the oil companies will now charge everybody the lowest price, instead of adjusting everybody to a higher price. :lol: Yay for government intervention!