Buffalo Bills In Toronto

apetrinec

If you are going to take time to read this post...at least take the 10 seconds to sign you name to the petition

As a season ticket holder of the Buffalo Bills, it discouraged me to see them take a game away from us and put it in Toronto. After weeks of talk on the local radio, I finally came to grips with this being a fact of life if the Bills are to remain a viable organization in the NFL. A few weeks later we find out who we will be playing. Much to my surprise they took a divisional opponent away from us. How can they do this? Take a game that fans wait all year for, the Dolphins in the middle of December in Buffalo, and put it at a neutral site, in a dome more or less. This was hard to accept, but I know there is nothing I can do about it.

Or is there? I have started a petition that I will present to Ralph Wilson Jr. and the Rogers group before the game in Toronto. All it is asking is for them to consider the situation and to allow the Bill to regain a little of the home field advantage. We want that dome to be open.

So I am asking you to please consider helping me in my quest to get the word out. I have nearly exhausted my resources and need some help with this. Here is the link....

http://www.petitiononline.com/bbfaced/petition.html

Thank you for your help

Andrew Petrinec and the Members of FACeD (Fans Against Closed Domes)

who cares if it is cold out it is still an advantage...sign it any way

what hes saying is - if it rains (highly doubtful) or snows (most likely will) the water will not be able to drain thus ruining the surface and costing the stadium many many $'s..so your cause is basicaly useless

Do we really need the weather conditions to be bad to win a game? With this current team I think we would have as big a disadvantage as the visiting team. Close the Dome and play football in decent conditions. I think Trent would appreciate the dome closed as well.......

Anybody who is relying on the "weather" advantage in order to beat the Dolphins is looking in the wrong place for how to win the game.

Even if there is a snowstorm that day(or for that matter, any game at RWS), how much of an advantage is that for the Bills who practice in the field house when there is inclement weather. The bad weather advantage has always been a bit of a myth to me.

Although I love football in the elements, a closed roof will enable to fans to be even louder, which might be a bigger advantage for the Bills than weather would be.

That would be true if the stadium was filled with Bills fans, but it won't be. There are MANY Miami fans in Canada, they vacation in Fla & have adopted the Fins as their team. I think this is the reason the Miami game is the game Toronto got. I think the crowd will be about 50% Bills fans, so this will be like a game at a neutral location.

Based on the fact that the Bills running game has been insufficient as of late, conditions are needed that will help Edwards move the ball via the pass. While there are no guarantees that such conditions will be enough as the Bills certainly clunked in Phoenix. More than an open dome, I would like effective run blocking, pass protection, better decision making by the qb (throw it away or throw it out of the end zone but please not to the other team) and coach (kick the field goal) and please, please, please, a sustained pass rush... By the way, the Fins dominated the Bills lines in the first meeting so something other than a good look at the sky will be needed in the second meeting...

what hes saying is - if it rains (highly doubtful) or snows (most likely will) the water will not be able to drain thus ruining the surface and costing the stadium many many $'s..so your cause is basicaly useless

umm then why have a roof at all? It rains in the summer time.

Are you saying that it's closed whenever its' cloudy in the spring, summer and fall?

That would be true if the stadium was filled with Bills fans, but it won't be. There are MANY Miami fans in Canada, they vacation in Fla & have adopted the Fins as their team. I think this is the reason the Miami game is the game Toronto got. I think the crowd will be about 50% Bills fans, so this will be like a game at a neutral location.

Excellent point...this was a terrible game to take from us so lets try and maintain some home-field...even with the dome closed it will be quieter than at the Ralph...

OPEN THAT DOME!!!

Excellent point...this was a terrible game to take from us so lets try and maintain some home-field...even with the dome closed it will be quieter than at the Ralph...

OPEN THAT DOME!!!

Look, if you open the dome, then all the Canadians will think it's ok to open to tops of their igloos.

I agree, but when it comes down to it the Bills and the NFL are taking one of the greatest rivalries in sports to a neutral venue. That just shouldn't happen. Just take a completely different game. But not the Fins.

I have been a fan of the Bills since 1968. The Miami rivalry barely exists today. Right now they are no more a rival than the Jets or Pats*. In fact I would argue the Pats* have replaced the Fins as our top rival. Consider that our dislike for Miami was born during the 0-for-70's. How long has it been since we beat New England?

PTR

I have been a fan of the Bills since 1968. The Miami rivalry barely exists today. Right now they are no more a rival than the Jets or Pats*. In fact I would argue the Pats* have replaced the Fins as our top rival. Consider that our dislike for Miami was born during the 0-for-70's. How long has it been since we beat New England?

PTR

Might not be one of the great rivalries yes, but it is still a divisional game being played on a neutral site...come on people why do we not see that this is completely crazy. There may even be more dolphins fans there because of the EX Argo Ricky Williams...we need to get the advantage back, that is what this league is all about playing in the elements and using your home field to give you and advantage. If every team played in a dome the game wouldn't be half as fun as it is now. Look back to last years Browns game. It sucked, what was the final 7-3? but it was an awesome game because of the elements. The bills had to suffer through high temps in miami this year so lets make them suffer through the cold weather in Buff...er...Toronto