More things that Sarah Palin doesn't know!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obsession

noun

1. an irrational motive for performing trivial or repetitive actions, even against your will; "her compulsion to wash her hands repeatedly" [syn: compulsion]

2. an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone

This is pretty serious. Fox News is ripping apart a Republican. One who was almost our Vice President.

This is not a joke.

That's a remarkable interview, and good work by Fox News. It's also what I always surmised and postulated here before, that McCain's downfall was equally the economic crisis, and the fact that Palin was shown to be a farce. They even said Obama's rise and McCain's drop started four days before the Lehman incident. It started the day after the Katie Couric interview. There are numerous stories all over the place today about sh-- that Palin pulled or said. She's shown herself, again, to be a total moron.

That's a remarkable interview, and good work by Fox News. It's also what I always surmised and postulated here before, that McCain's downfall was equally the economic crisis, and the fact that Palin was shown to be a farce. There are numerous stories all over the place today about sh-- that Palin pulled or said. She's a moron.

The body language between McCain and Palin at the concession speech was priceless!

Yeah but she has no qualms about letting her staff see her in just a towel! What a tease. She deserves a spanking. Come here, bad girl :unsure:

From Newsweek's Special Election Project comes the real Sarah Palin:

At the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin was completely unfazed by the boys' club fraternity she had just joined. One night, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter went to her hotel room to brief her. After a minute, Palin sailed into the room wearing nothing but a towel, with another on her wet hair. She told them to chat with her laconic husband, Todd. "I'll be just a minute," she said.

PTR

That's a remarkable interview, and good work by Fox News. It's also what I always surmised and postulated here before, that McCain's downfall was equally the economic crisis, and the fact that Palin was shown to be a farce. They even said Obama's rise and McCain's dropped started four days before the Lehman incident. It started the day after the Katie Couric interview. There are numerous stories all over the place today about sh-- that Palin pulled or said. She's shown herself, again, to be a total moron.

I'm not going to dispute her lack of knowledge on a whole host of issues, but keep in mind you have staffers from the losing party pointing fingers at someone who is not them. Maybe it's all true, but what you are getting is a second hand account from people who have motives to throw her under the bus. I would be skeptical of the kiss and tell stories that come out.

I'm not going to dispute her lack of knowledge on a whole host of issues, but keep in mind you have staffers from the losing party pointing fingers at someone who is not them. Maybe it's all true, but what you are getting is a second hand account from people who have motives to throw her under the bus. I would be skeptical of the kiss and tell stories that come out.

They are SO rampant though, from numerous different sources, to numerous different reporters, of all different outlets, from both sides of the aisle, and everything they say makes perfect sense to everything we have actually seen.

I would tend to believe it.

One of the denials today from a Palin aide, to the accusation that Palin had staffers charge clothes to their own credit cards for more Neiman Marcus charges that were actually tens and tens of thousands above than the $150K reported: "Palin never asked staffers to use their own credit cards for clothes purchases, and all staffers credit card purchases have been reimbursed." :unsure:

They are SO rampant though, from numerous different sources, to numerous different reporters, of all different outlets, from both sides of the aisle, and everything they say makes perfect sense to everything we have actually seen.

One of the denials today from a Palin aide, to the accusation that Palin had staffers charge clothes to their own credits cards for more Neiman Marcus charges that were actually tens and tens of thousands above than the $150K reported: "Palin never asked staffers to use their own credit cards for clothes purchases, and all staffers credit card purchases have been reimbursed." :unsure:

I'm just saying I think the "Africa" comment is probably an exaggeration. As for the clothes thing, I don't know the context. I see you are implying a contradiction, but maybe Palin didn't ask and some other campaign official did.

As a side note, your analysis on the day of the pick was spot on (the whole hail Mary thing...). Well done.

I think the end point is that she is frighteningly stupid. If she does not know such basic things, how would she ever be able to make an informed policy decision? She wouldn't, she would make a policy decision, but I fully lack confidence that it would be informed.

And to me, this is not about Sarah Palin, it is simply the thought that someone who knows so little about anything can come so close to being one of the most powerful government officials in the US. It probalby has happened before, and will happen again.

... If we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it.

One of the denials today from a Palin aide, to the accusation that Palin had staffers charge clothes to their own credits cards for more Neiman Marcus charges that were actually tens and tens of thousands above than the $150K reported: "Palin never asked staffers to use their own credit cards for clothes purchases, and all staffers credit card purchases have been reimbursed." :unsure:

Your need to respond to this post is overwhelmingly obvious of your love of the new england patriots. You suck because you have no children. Or its just the fact that you continue to enjoy being ridiculed for your half ass attempt at civility. :oops:

One of the denials today from a Palin aide, to the accusation that Palin had staffers charge clothes to their own credit cards for more Neiman Marcus charges that were actually tens and tens of thousands above than the $150K reported: "Palin never asked staffers to use their own credit cards for clothes purchases, and all staffers credit card purchases have been reimbursed." :oops:

BTW, anyone in the McCain campaign that blames Palin is !@#$ing coward. THEY picked her and they alone bear that responsibility. But MOST importantly, if she did mean that much to the election it only speaks to John McCain's weakness as a candidate. Seriously, who the hell blames their VP choice? :unsure:

I'm just saying I think the "Africa" comment is probably an exaggeration. As for the clothes thing, I don't know the context. I see you are implying a contradiction, but maybe Palin didn't ask and some other campaign official did.As a side note, your analysis on the day of the pick was spot on (the whole hail Mary thing...). Well done.
The use of the term Hail Mary regarding the Palin choice is too cliched and simplistic seeing as the selection was obviously not McCains. It would be more interesting to speculate as to who in the GOP is responsible for foisting that daft person on Mccain over his better judgement.

The use of the term Hail Mary regarding the Palin choice is too cliched and simplistic seeing as the selection was obviously not McCains. It would be more interesting to speculate as to who in the GOP is responsible for foisting that daft person on Mccain over his better judgement.

where is this obvious? EVERY report said it was his choice and that it surprised staffers.

Yeah but she has no qualms about letting her staff see her in just a towel! What a tease. She deserves a spanking. Come here, bad girl :unsure:

From Newsweek's Special Election Project comes the real Sarah Palin:

At the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin was completely unfazed by the boys' club fraternity she had just joined. One night, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter went to her hotel room to brief her. After a minute, Palin sailed into the room wearing nothing but a towel, with another on her wet hair. She told them to chat with her laconic husband, Todd. "I'll be just a minute," she said.

PTR

... and none of them had a cell phone camera to take pix? :oops:

BTW, anyone in the McCain campaign that blames Palin is !@#$ing coward. THEY picked her and they alone bear that responsibility. But MOST importantly, if she did mean that much to the election it only speaks to John McCain's weakness as a candidate. Seriously, who the hell blames their VP choice? :unsure:

McCain was kind of screwed. They wouldn't let him choose who he wanted. Most anyone anyone else wanted would have doomed his campaign. He needed not only to shake up the race but also to shake up the base. He was going to lose if he didn't do something exotic. He didnt know that Palin was so stupid, she looked good on paper and in a dress. So even though it was a Hail Mary it wasn't his worst choice, it was one of his best.

The problem was, of course, that he knew nothing about her. That it completely shot his "experience" advantage that he had. But moreso, and the death knell, was that it completely shot his Country First slogan. There was no chance in hell this was putting the country first. This was putting the country last, because it was so reckless. Even if she turned out to be great it would have been reckless.

Ultimately, I have been following McCain for decades. He was my Senator when I lived in Phoenix for 11 years. My closest friend worked in a US Senate office at that same time, so I knew a bit about him. I always though he was a farce. Everything about him is what's best for John McCain, not what's best for the country (as a politician I mean, I still have high regard for what atrocities he endured in Vietnam). But this, to me, was a typical McCain move disguised as a "she's a maverick and reformer just like me and we're going to change Washington" move.

Even last night, I thought he gave a great speech. Really well done. And I thought he was totally full of sh-- and saying all that because it put him in the best light. I didn't think he meant hardly any of it. That's just my opinion, not something I claim to know.

No, he made the decision, she just wasn't his first choice.