Something being lost in the shuffle with the offense...

Big Turk

Lets stop the whole offense is horrible nonsense....

the Bills have been moving the ball up and down the field the last 2 games, just not scoring...

6 drives in each of the last 2 games have gone for 35+ yards, with 6 of those drives going 55+ yards. So its not like the other teams are stopping us and forcing us to go 3 and out every series. Realistically, we are stopping ourselves with dumb plays, turnovers and not being able to convert a 3rd and 1 or a 4th and 1.

This is not a "horrible" offense. A horrible offense is what one saw watching the Oakland Raiders yesterday, or even the Cowboys without Romo. This is an offense that just needs to start limiting their mistakes, and hold onto the ball. Once they do that they will be fine, because they will start putting more points on the board. They hard part they already have down---move the football---now they just have to stop giving it away when they are in the opposition territory...

13 drives in the past 2 games have seen the Bills get on the opposition side of the field. A horrible offense would never have that many possessions going across midfield...they still are moving the ball even without Reed---they converted 8 of 13 3rd downs against the Jets, so that argument is not working for me right now....just finish the drives they have already started...

so lets stop panicking...the time to panic is when they stop moving the ball and have to punt from their own side of the field every series....they have only punted 4 times in the past 2 games...things could be a lot worse....

They didn't even have 300 net offensive yards yesterday - I'd hardly consider that to be a solid offensive performance

thats pretty misleading, IMHO. The Bills only had 9 possessions on Sunday, which is fewer than a normal game, which each team usually has the ball 11 or 12 times. 1 of those possessions resulted in the sack/fumble by Revis on the first and only play of that possession, and another possession resulted in them kneeling down to end the half. So, they basically gained all of their yardage on 7 possessions, which is not too shabby, IMHO...

You obviously subscribe to the Dick Juaron school of thought on offense. Here is a clue for you & Dick: It takes POINTS to win in this league, & 3 points at a time doesn't cut it.

No, I subscribe to the common sense school of thought---the more times you move the ball into opponents territory, the higher percentage of drives are going to end in your team scoring...

the Bills have been moving the ball up and down the field the last 2 games, just not scoring...

6 drives in each of the last 2 games have gone for 35+ yards, with 6 of those drives going 55+ yards. So its not like the other teams are stopping us and forcing us to go 3 and out every series. Realistically, we are stopping ourselves with dumb plays, turnovers and not being able to convert a 3rd and 1 or a 4th and 1.

This is not a "horrible" offense. A horrible offense is what one saw watching the Oakland Raiders yesterday, or even the Cowboys without Romo. This is an offense that just needs to start limiting their mistakes, and hold onto the ball. Once they do that they will be fine, because they will start putting more points on the board. They hard part they already have down---move the football---now they just have to stop giving it away when they are in the opposition territory...

13 drives in the past 2 games have seen the Bills get on the opposition side of the field. A horrible offense would never have that many possessions going across midfield...they still are moving the ball even without Reed---they converted 8 of 13 3rd downs against the Jets, so that argument is not working for me right now....just finish the drives they have already started...

so lets stop panicking...the time to panic is when they stop moving the ball and have to punt from their own side of the field every series....they have only punted 4 times in the past 2 games...things could be a lot worse....

Could you please stop being rational? We're supposed to be firing people, switching team allegiances, rioting in the streets kinda stuff. It kinda ruins all that when you clearly demonstrate our offense and defense aren't the worst in the league.

No, I subscribe to the common sense school of thought---the more times you move the ball into opponents territory, the higher percentage of drives are going to end in your team scoring...

As I said, scoring 3 points at a time will not win you games. What is the Bills success rate for scoring TD's in the Red Zone? I don't know, but I would bet it is pretty low, & most likely below the league average.

As I said, scoring 3 points at a time will not win you games. What is the Bills success rate for scoring TD's in the Red Zone? I don't know, but I would bet it is pretty low, & most likely below the league average.

they are ranked 23rd in the NFL, scoring on 79.2% of their red zone appearances and TD's on only 45.8%...however bear in mind that Detroit is ranked 2nd in the NFL, scoring TD's on 75.0% of their trips inside the redzone.

45.8% of a lot is still better than 75.0 of a little, although 75% of a lot would be even better....

they are ranked 23rd in the NFL, scoring on 79.2% of their red zone appearances and TD's on only 45.8%...however bear in mind that Detroit is ranked 2nd in the NFL, scoring TD's on 75.0% of their trips inside the redzone.

45.8% of a lot is still better than 75.0 of a little, although 75% of a lot would be even better....

"45.8% of a lot is still better than 75.0 of a little" does sound logical. I would like to know however, exactly how many points Detroit scored vs points scored by Buffalo. The problem with running a ball control offense like Dick likes to run is if you don't score TD's you don't leave yourself enough time to score at the end of the game if you need to. The more time a team takes off the clock per possession the less possessions they will have per game.

"45.8% of a lot is still better than 75.0 of a little" does sound logical. I would like to know however, exactly how many points Detroit scored vs points scored by Buffalo. The problem with running a ball control offense like Dick likes to run is if you don't score TD's you don't leave yourself enough time to score at the end of the game if you need to. The more time a team takes off the clock per possession the less possessions they will have per game.

Bills have scored 90 red zone points and Detroit has scored 60....

Alternatively, Bills have the 9th best red zone defense, allowing only 78.9% scoring, and TD on only 42.9% of opponents RZ trips. Last year they finished 4th in the NFL allowing 44.6% of opponents RZ trips for TD's...

This has nothing to do with the last two losses. When you turn the ball over, like we've done 7 times in the last two games, you don't win. We missed two red zone opportunities Sunday, not because of Jauron, or because of the plays you thought should have been called, we missed those opportunities because the ball was TURNED OVER.

Even if it's a bad play call, good teams have players that make plays. And if they don't make the play, they cut their losses and live to fight another day. They don't TURN THE BALL OVER.

0-2 in the division against bad teams (1 very horrible team). We shouldn't have lost either one. There are 6 games circled on the schedule every year; the majority of which YOU HAVE TO WIN to get a playoff berth.

Things can get worse m8. 3 games upcoming against teams fighting for the overall draft pick next year. I seriously doubt we win any of them unless we run the ball ALOT better!!! Lynch and Jackson aren't supermen who can do that on their own.

Our problem is we are moving the ball but not throwing it to the endzone at all.... Evans made a nice catch as did Hardy and Fine was wide open last week. Otherwise we seldom even try and throw to the end zone. The int for a TD was a classic example of the Bill's bad playcalling and decision making. Why on a third and goal we make a throw that has no chance of resulting in a TD is typical of the Bills. Throw it to the endzone for a change.

Yes the Bills are moving the ball regardless of the lack of running, however they are still not using some of the skill players they have, with no slants, quick hits to RB's out of the backfield or WR screens (1 last week).

"just not scoring?"

Oh, I see, everything is really OK.

thats pretty misleading, IMHO. The Bills only had 9 possessions on Sunday, which is fewer than a normal game, which each team usually has the ball 11 or 12 times. 1 of those possessions resulted in the sack/fumble by Revis on the first and only play of that possession, and another possession resulted in them kneeling down to end the half. So, they basically gained all of their yardage on 7 possessions, which is not too shabby, IMHO...

Ah, I see. So if you throw out the bad possessions and only look at the better ones (in which the Bills scored how many points?) things look a bit better?

I feel so much more comfortable.

You do remember that two of those possessions totaled more than 15 minutes and resulted in our being outscored by the jests? Common now matter...

This has nothing to do with the last two losses. When you turn the ball over, like we've done 7 times in the last two games, you don't win. We missed two red zone opportunities Sunday, not because of Jauron, or because of the plays you thought should have been called, we missed those opportunities because the ball was TURNED OVER.

Even if it's a bad play call, good teams have players that make plays. And if they don't make the play, they cut their losses and live to fight another day. They don't TURN THE BALL OVER.

anybody who doesn't this, or harps on about other minor details clearly doesn't understand the game.