So sure McCain is going to win? Lay some money on it!

It's just like flat broke Joe the plumber fighting to make sure Wall Street millionaires get huge tax breaks as if they are going to suddenly invest in the US economy instead of just moving all their money to offshore bank accounts. Makes perfect sense to me.

I'm sure working class Americans can take pride in saving the mega-rich million on their taxes while they bend over and take one for the gipper.

PTR

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just like flat broke Joe the plumber fighting to make sure Wall Street millionaires get huge tax breaks as if they are going to suddenly invest in the US economy instead of just moving all their money to offshore bank accounts. Makes perfect sense to me.

I'm sure working class Americans can take pride in saving the mega-rich million on their taxes while they bend over and take one for the gipper.

PTR

$250k is mega rich?

$250k is mega rich?

By mega rich I was referring to those with 8-figure incomes. The people who benefit most from Bush tax cuts and corporate giveaways. As far as $250K goes, if you make that much, and you are not sending it all up your nose, you are doing pretty well. You're likely not trying to decide between paying for heat or buying food.

Is 3% higher tax bracket gonna kill you is you make $250K plus? Who's supposed to pay for the $700B bailout? Personally I believe the AIG execs on their taxpayer-subsidized, company-paid spa vacations ought to be paying more, but I'm just a wacky radical.

PTR

Sound like some clown speaking in tongues.... Please... I don't know where to start except to say that he must have consulted Gingrich. P.S. The average small business was around $233,000 to 258,000 before write offs in 2005-06 time frame. So either way, this guy is off on that fact and many others.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_the_ave..._owners_in_2005

By mega rich I was referring to those with 8-figure incomes. The people who benefit most from Bush tax cuts and corporate giveaways. As far as $250K goes, if you make that much, and you are not sending it all up your nose, you are doing pretty well. You're likely not trying to decide between paying for heat or buying food.

Is 3% higher tax bracket gonna kill you is you make $250K plus? Who's supposed to pay for the $700B bailout? Personally I believe the AIG execs on their company-paid spa vacations ought to be paying more, but I'm just a wacky radical.

PTR

Have you ever lived in an expensive area and made $250k?

I'll bet there are more of these guy's than you can imagine, at least he gets it.

Check him out:

I'm baffled by that video. It was so honest.

Thanks East Brady & murra...

I saw this guy's video before - I watched all of them at YouTube - he is 'machosauceproduction'. He has more videos at other sites. I believe he is a musical performer; but I never heard of him before.

Have you ever lived in an expensive area and made $250k?

I lived in Washington DC and made about $110K and did fine. There is such a thing as living within your means. I know you live in SoCal, but I don't know your lifestyle. Do you live modestly or do you try to run with the Hollywood crowd? Whatever people earn, they never feel like its enough because there's always something else to spend your money on.

The debate here is where is the line between middle class and well-to-do? $250K may be chicken feed in SoCal but it's a lot of money is, say, West Virginia. If Obama's figures are correct, 95% of Americans make less than $250K annually. Pretty hard to argue you represent the middle when your income puts you in the top 5%. But I will stick to this point: At $250K, barring any personal or medical crisis, you are not poor.

PTR

I lived in Washington DC and made about $110K and did fine. There is such a thing as living within your means. I know you live in SoCal, but I don't know your lifestyle. Do you live modestly or do you try to run with the Hollywood crowd? Whatever people earn, they never feel like its enough because there's always something else to spend your money on.

The debate here is where is the line between middle class and well-to-do? $250K may be chicken feed in SoCal but it's a lot of money is, say, West Virginia. If Obama's figures are correct, 95% of Americans make less than $250K annually. Pretty hard to argue you represent the middle when your income puts you in the top 5%. But I will stick to this point: At $250K, barring any personal or medical crisis, you are not poor.

PTR

I live modestly and save a ton of money each year. If I or anyone is to pay more in taxes their spending or savings will suffer, either of which is not good for the economy. But regardless, why should someone have to alter their lifestyle so others may maintain theirs?

I live modestly and save a ton of money each year. If I or anyone is to pay more in taxes their spending or savings will suffer, either of which is not good for the economy. But regardless, why should someone have to alter their lifestyle so others may maintain theirs?

I was reading my copy of the constitution this morning, and it clearly states "...that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. And if you have achieved all of this to any excess, you must immediately take your excess and give it to those who have not achieved it, regardless of why they have not achieved it."

It's right there. In the Constitution. I have no idea why conservatives have a hard time understanding this.

So what you are saying is that no one bears any responsibility to help pay for the cost of running the country? Or that people in a bad way are only that way because they are lazy and waiting for a handout?

I'm a definite minority believing this but people ought think less about their own lifestyles and look around and see others really suffer. Not because they can't afford hi-speed internet or a plasma TV, but are literally starving or freezing. You may think these people deserve what they get, but pray to god you don't wind up with them, because you'll find out what its like being on the wrong end of life.

PTR

So what you are saying is that no one bears any responsibility to help pay for the cost of running the country? Or that people in a bad way are only that way because they are lazy and waiting for a handout?

I'm a definite minority believing this but people ought think less about their own lifestyles and look around and see others really suffer. Not because they can't afford hi-speed internet or a plasma TV, but are literally starving or freezing. You may think these people deserve what they get, but pray to god you don't wind up with them, because you'll find out what its like being on the wrong end of life.PTR

Approximately 50% of my income goes to taxes. You think taking MORE money is going to fix the problem you cite above? Maybe, just maybe, the problem isn't how much money there is but rather how it is currently being spent? Maybe? You think?

No. Let's throw more money at more government programs. That's been such a recipe for success. :thumbsup::unsure:

I'm a definite minority believing this but people ought think less about their own lifestyles and look around and see others really suffer. Not because they can't afford hi-speed internet or a plasma TV, but are literally starving or freezing. You may think these people deserve what they get, but pray to god you don't wind up with them, because you'll find out what its like being on the wrong end of life.

PTR

1. We all bear responsibility to pay for running the country. It's called taxes. I pay mine and what I pay in all taxes over a year is enough.

2. Look around and see people suffer? You're kidding me right. You want to see people suffer go visit the slums of Kingston Jamaica. Go to Rowanda. Fly over Mexico City. The majority of the people in this country that you consider are suffering would be rich elsewhere.

3. If I wind up like them no need to pray to God for me. Thanks but no thanks because if for some reason I do find myself like them I won't need your god to help me.

Approximately 50% of my income goes to taxes. You think taking MORE money is going to fix the problem you cite above? Maybe, just maybe, the problem isn't how much money there is but rather how it is currently being spent? Maybe? You think?

No. Let's throw more money at more government programs. That's been such a recipe for success. :thumbsup::unsure:

Who is your accountant??? Fire him or her now. It is either that or stop lying.

I live in California. But thanks for playing.

When people say taxes they think only income taxes. We have property taxes, mello-roos ( :thumbsup: ) sales taxes, booze taxes (double :unsure: ), car registration taxes, taxes on our cell phone, taxes on our land lines, taxes on our savings accounts, cap gains taxes on our investments, taxes on your life insurance at work above $50k, stay at a hotel and pay room tax, god forbid you smoke, gas tax........what the !@#$ man! Enough is enough. I bet it adds up to over 50%

When people say taxes they think only income taxes. We have property taxes, mello-roos ( :thumbsup: ) sales taxes, booze taxes (double :unsure: ), car registration taxes, taxes on our cell phone, taxes on our land lines, taxes on our savings accounts, cap gains taxes on our investments, taxes on your life insurance at work above $50k, stay at a hotel and pay room tax, god forbid you smoke, gas tax........what the !@#$ man! Enough is enough. I bet it adds up to over 50%

Nothing a new accountant can't fix. :lol: :lol: :lol: