need some praise on here...

Alphadawg7

With all the negative talk on the boards, lets talk about something that was a positive...Jabari's interception was as good as I have ever seen. It looked like he was running the route...just was amazing to watch on replay, his foot work mirrored the WR and he made an amazing grab that brought us right back into the game.

That is how you cover a WR...

The bills always use the excuse "he is a high character guy who gives a lot of effort" for resigning players to high dollar deals, cough cough kelsay cough cough. What about Greer? Never heard him say a negative thing, he is incredibly underated, and I think our best DB. This is not a bandwagon statement either, as last year after we got smoked by the Pats I said he covered Moss EXTREMLEY well on another board. (Dont throw your meaningless stats in my face, I know he allowed 2 TD catches, but look at his coverage on the best WR in the game at that point, and if he had one more inch on his wingspan he would ave made two incredible knockdowns.) It is about time the Bills reward some guys who PRODUCE on the field.... its not like we dont have the cap room to do so.

The bills always use the excuse "he is a high character guy who gives a lot of effort" for resigning players to high dollar deals, cough cough kelsay cough cough. What about Greer? Never heard him say a negative thing, he is incredibly underated, and I think our best DB. This is not a bandwagon statement either, as last year after we got smoked by the Pats I said he covered Moss EXTREMLEY well on another board. (Dont throw your meaningless stats in my face, I know he allowed 2 TD catches, but look at his coverage on the best WR in the game at that point, and if he had one more inch on his wingspan he would ave made two incredible knockdowns.) It is about time the Bills reward some guys who PRODUCE on the field.... its not like we dont have the cap room to do so.

Agreed.

Not only the pick, remember the deep ball that he batted down too? I can't recall which quarter or who the throw was to (sorry I was a little intoxicated) but Greer was falling and he got about 2 fingers on the throw to make sure the ball didn't fall in the receivers hands.

I would love to lock this guy up, but the real question is, does he really want to stay in Buffalo? He was pretty ticked when we picked up THREE CBs in the draft, and signed Will James. The News did a story on it; he was out to dinner with his wife and he said he face turned white. The competition obviously pissed him off in a good way, but now when the front office needs him, do you think he would resign, or tell 'em to !@#$ off?

I obviously do not see Greer thinking twice if the Bills management ask him for a "hometown discount..." then again I might be confusing sports...only Darcy Regier seems to act in such a way; the Bills management usually overpays if they keep their guys. I think what is going to happen in March is that a bunch of teams that already have a great or above average corner will throw some big money at Greer in the offseason for a chance at a good tandem, maybe throw him between #1 and #2 money for a corner. But hey, teams have overpayed before, and they might just give him real top 5 top 10 money, just because they can.

If I was the Bills, I would try and sign him now. But then again, if he's smart he'll probably wait til March. I'd be happy with a 4 year 16-18 mil deal. Sign it, get it over with, lock him up, or he's gone.

Not only the pick, remember the deep ball that he batted down too? I can't recall which quarter or who the throw was to (sorry I was a little intoxicated) but Greer was falling and he got about 2 fingers on the throw to make sure the ball didn't fall in the receivers hands.

Greer was not falling, nor even remotely out of control. He was all over the play (as usual) and not only did he get more than 2 fingers on it, he got about 8 fingers on it and made a very heady play trying to bat the ball to Ko Simpson who was coming late (as usual).

If Ko had his head up like he's supposed to instead of just barreling in blindly, he may have been able to make a play on a well-tipped ball and Jabari and him could have split the picknic.

:wallbash:

With all the negative talk on the boards, lets talk about something that was a positive...Jabari's interception was as good as I have ever seen. It looked like he was running the route...just was amazing to watch on replay, his foot work mirrored the WR and he made an amazing grab that brought us right back into the game.

That is how you cover a WR...

Great play, textbook man coverage. Greer has been solid throughout the last two seasons and is still improving, I think he's the best player in the secondary hands down and has a great future ahead of him. Hopefully its with us.

Great play, textbook man coverage. Greer has been solid throughout the last two seasons and is still improving, I think he's the best player in the secondary hands down and has a great future ahead of him. Hopefully its with us.

I don't know; Scott is giving him a run for his money!

We need to figure out a way to keep Greer on our team next year. He's been lockdown this year.

Amen brother. The guy is scrappy and simply gets the job done. It's very obvious that McGhee and Greer when healthy are a very solid pair of corners which begs the question. Why did we draft McKelvin when we had so many other needs on this team? :thumbsup:

He is along with McGee one of the best on the team, resign him now, how any body could think he hasn't been truly great for the last 2 years is beyond me, I think if we can't resign, franchise tag him and have been saying it for months. He will be expensive, no doubt, quality in general is.

So we drafted some young guys? I don't see the point, there is room, we are a little short in the DBfield going into again next week, no? BTW any news on his xray yet, is he okay? What did he hurt?

I really hate that they scheme both of our premeire dbs out of plays by making them play this freaking soft cover zone crap though. Both are great at man to man, I can't believe they didn't have him in man on Ginn 2 weeks ago when mcgee was hurting.

I have been one the most ardent supporters of GETTING RID of Greer at the end of the season, but his play this season has been incredibly solid. I'm starting to think maybe we McGee may be the odd man out of our CB rotation next season.

Keep Greer, get rid of BrooklynBills :doh:

Lets not forget, I think one of the main reasons for drafting 3 corners, along with signing the since departed Will James was an attempted to be able to macth up with numerous 4-5 WR sets the Pats were going to throw at us untill Brady's injury. Next season we will be seeing the SOB again. We will need McGee, Greer, McKelvin, and Youboty if we hope to slow their attack.

PS -- Terrel Suggs