Does Trent have the big game in him?

Zona

I hope this is the week that Trent goes off and throws for 3 td's or more. I know we are missing Reed, and Hardy doesn't impress, yet, but I still hope Trent Finally puts it all together and has a BIG game. Maybe hit Evans for a pair of 50-60 yard scores. And another to Shouman or hardy near the Goal line.

Now, my question is, does Jauron let Turk and Trent come out with a pass oriented attack to allow this to happen? Jauron has shown no hints off opening it up, so I ask you if Trent will ever have those kind off numbers in a Bills win? He might get them in a blowout, try to catch up type game, but will Dick let them come out throwing and just attack the Jets for 4 qtrs?

Just wondering, and yes I am drinking already...

Can Trent? Sure. Might Trent? Sure

But, I'm thinking 150+ rushing yards set the pace, on Sunday. Although, it will be interesting as the Jests are ranked 15th against the run and 15th against the pass, among NFL teams.

Honestly, though, I don't really care HOW they get it done, just THAT they get it done.

Oh, and I'm drinking, too.

:devil:

I hope this is the week that Trent goes off and throws for 3 td's or more. I know we are missing Reed, and Hardy doesn't impress, yet, but I still hope Trent Finally puts it all together and has a BIG game. Maybe hit Evans for a pair of 50-60 yard scores. And another to Shouman or hardy near the Goal line.

Now, my question is, does Jauron let Turk and Trent come out with a pass oriented attack to allow this to happen? Jauron has shown no hints off opening it up, so I ask you if Trent will ever have those kind off numbers in a Bills win? He might get them in a blowout, try to catch up type game, but will Dick let them come out throwing and just attack the Jets for 4 qtrs?

how dare you question trent :devil:

Just my opinion, but I'm not necessarily clamoring for TE to post a gaudy numbers day. Sure, it would be nice, but just win baby! He can still come out of a winning effort with a high qb rating without passing for 300 yards+ by being accurate and mistake free. To me, the more important thing is to get ML familiar with 100 yard rushing games.

I'm also drinking and yes he can but it won't be this week! Beast mode is the key to our success although I suspect Fast Freddy will have 6 receptions for 90+ and maybe a TD catch. If this version of the Bills is truly the beginning of a new Era like a 1988 De Ja Vu/Flashback then they will Blowout the Jests and establish an idenity and a Home field presense. Trent will be efficient for sure though. I'll Bet he throws for 225 yds and two TD's. Marshawn will add one on the ground as well as two field goals. I will bet it is a nice 27-17 Bills victory! Go Bills and Cheers Bro's!!!

I'm also drinking and yes he can but it won't be this week! Beast mode is the key to our success although I suspect Fast Freddy will have 6 receptions for 90+ and maybe a TD catch. If this version of the Bills is truly the beginning of a new Era like a 1988 De Ja Vu/Flashback then they will Blowout the Jests and establish an idenity and a Home field presense. Trent will be efficient for sure though. I'll Bet he throws for 225 yds and two TD's. Marshawn will add one on the ground as well as two field goals. I will bet it is a nice 27-17 Bills victory! Go Bills and Cheers Bro's!!!

Do you mean Action Jackson? I believe we cut fast freddie two years ago.

I think TE will certainly get the 300+ yards with 3+TDs many times throughout his career....particularly if we gain some consistency in the running game.

Not this week though.

Personally I don't care if he only reaches that benchmark on rare occasions.......as long as we are winning as a team then what does it matter?

FWIW, HOFer Troy Aikman only had 3 games where he threw for over 300yards & had 3 or more TDs......out of 165 starts.

5-2. Only stat that matters. 'Nuff said.

Which Trent are you talking about?

Trent Green? He can throw some beautiful passes to win a couple games, but won't win many close games

Treng Dilfer? Won't throw many beautiful passes to win a game, but will manage the game so the offense won't lose and put the onus on the D

Trent Edwards? He can manage a game as well as most QBs and can throw a pretty pass or two when needed.

But then again his long ball isn't as pretty or awe inspiring as JP "Happy Feet" Losman

5-2. Only stat that matters. 'Nuff said.

yeah, 5-2 is the only thing that matters, but deep down I have always wanted to see the return of dominance of the Bills coincide with a spread, K-gun style attack. I love the Style the old bills had, and I would love to see it come back to Buffalo, thats all.

Watching old horror movies has made me a little nostalgic I guess...

Which Trent are you talking about?

Trent Green? He can throw some beautiful passes to win a couple games, but won't win many close games

Treng Dilfer? Won't throw many beautiful passes to win a game, but will manage the game so the offense won't lose and put the onus on the D

Trent Edwards? He can manage a game as well as most QBs and can throw a pretty pass or two when needed.

But then again his long ball isn't as pretty or awe inspiring as JP "Happy Feet" Losman

Nothing about losman is awe inspiring.

Not saying it's impossible, but we run a very balanced attack of running and passing. Generally, we rush about 30 times during a game and Trent passes around 30 times during a game. That formula usually isn't conducive to a big statistical day for QBs. Plus, we tend to run in the red zone which is why TE doesn't throw for many TDs.

We very rarely pass within the 10. I don't see it and I don't know why they have chosen this route, but they have. Maybe they don't feel comfortable without a good receiving TE.

Evans, surprisingly because of his size, has used his body well a la Harrison in the end zone. Give Evans a chance.

"Does Trent have the big game offensive line for him"?

Fixed it for you.