Recession

Chef Jim

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if you're Exxon Mobil. Life is good.

How much do they owe in taxes on that? Keeping in mind Obama is in favor raising gas prices. I think he said he didnt object to high gas prices just that they went up too fast.

Actually my main concern is the military and Obama does not know poop from fat meat about the military.

How much do they owe in taxes on that? Keeping in mind Obama is in favor raising gas prices. I think he said he didnt object to high gas prices just that they went up too fast.

Actually my main concern is the military and Obama does not know poop from fat meat about the military.

You know, presidents have staffs that aid them in making those decisions....

I would guess you were a Bush supporter and what did he know about the military before he took office. As a matter of fact that group of people that he surrounded himself with to help him with those decisions didn't seem to have much of a clue either. :lol:

You know, presidents have staffs that aid them in making those decisions....

I would guess you were a Bush supporter and what did he know about the military before he took office. As a matter of fact that group of people that he surrounded himself with to help him with those decisions didn't seem to have much of a clue either. :lol:

Do you think he wrongly trusted the efforts of the previous, 8-year Administration and members of Congress who were certainly "in the know"?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

10% profit it the biggest profit ever? The media has you wrapped around their finger I see. :lol:

Where's the windfall profits tax on Big Macs? McD's out performed them. They made 11% profit.

Yep and my parents get a couple thousand dollars in dividends to help their retirement

I love how people like nozzlenut fail to understand who actually owns public companies and benefits from those "record" profits.

I bet Mr. Exxon and Mr. Mobil are really partying tonight! :wallbash:

Nothing. That's after-tax earnings.

That also includes a billion and a half from asset sales. Operating income was "only" $13 billion and change. Income taxes were eleven billion.

Not to mention that ExxonMobil repurchesed eight billion worth of common stock last quarter, which didn't hurt your parents' holdings any.

Yeah I saw that. That's a pretty sweet move. Who was it that was trying to figure out how a company's stock appreciation helps that company? When you have eight billion in treasury stock that's how.

Just announce the damn thing so we'll know it's over.

Economic shrinkage.

I've selected a book for you to read, but then again you are a financial genius and it may not be required.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/047038378X?tag=eu...0V6PYAA25R&

Here's a quote from the review:

This reversal of trends will make past investment strategies obsolete and pose a challenge for investors trying to build and protect their wealth. Smart investing will always pay off; the key lies in using the best strategies for the market at hand.

You might want to pay attention this time genius.

I've selected a book for you to read, but then again you are a financial genius and it may not be required.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/047038378X?tag=eu...0V6PYAA25R&

Here's a quote from the review:

This reversal of trends will make past investment strategies obsolete and pose a challenge for investors trying to build and protect their wealth. Smart investing will always pay off; the key lies in using the best strategies for the market at hand.

You might want to pay attention this time genius.

This time?? :lol:

Hundreds of years of investment strategies are all out the door? You're an idiot.

This time?? :lol:

Hundreds of years of investment strategies are all out the door? You're an idiot.

Investment strategies are obsolete . Strategies are sound but the one factor no one mentions is corruption , in the private sector and at the Government level.

It all comes down to , do you trust a crook with your money?

Investment strategies are obsolete . Strategies are sound but the one factor no one mentions is corruption , in the private sector and at the Government level.

It all comes down to , do you trust a crook with your money?

At an 11% average return over my investing lifetime? Sure.