Recession

Chef Jim

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car dealer called me to sell me a new car (mine is just about paid off). First he told me that although I might be hearing that auto cos. are in trouble, his dealership moved 18 cars the day before. I congratulated him then got his quotes on a couple models I would consider. When he gave the numbers, I told him I wasn't really interested and that I'd be sitting tight on making a big expenditure like a car. He then told me that if I had the money, I would be one of the people helping dig the economy out of the recission instead of keeping it there by being cautious.

I reminded him that he didn't need my money: he'd just sold 18 cars the day before and business was kicking. He was not amused.

Great news for 2009!

This is what I've been waiting for. Seeing the average recession lasts 11 months it should be over already. :huh:

This one is anything but average. Are you serious or being sarcastic? Because this is anywhere but over. If you fail to see this, I feel sorry for you. Granted, we haven't reached 11% national unemployment yet, but we're on the fast track to it. Additionally, this is a world wide recession. Althought I'd like to be optimictic about this, I think it serves me best to be realistic and see things for what they are insted of what the media and our lying Government wants us to see.

My car dealer called me to sell me a new car (mine is just about paid off). First he told me that although I might be hearing that auto cos. are in trouble, his dealership moved 18 cars the day before. I congratulated him then got his quotes on a couple models I would consider. When he gave the numbers, I told him I wasn't really interested and that I'd be sitting tight on making a big expenditure like a car. He then told me that if I had the money, I would be one of the people helping dig the economy out of the recission instead of keeping it there by being cautious.

I reminded him that he didn't need my money: he'd just sold 18 cars the day before and business was kicking. He was not amused.

But if he sells one more car he get a set of steak knives.

BTW I just sold my house after 4 days on the market.

Now quit your job and put all your money in silver.

This public service announcement brought to you by the Dwight Drane School of Economics

Get it right, it's the Dwight Drane School of Empire Collapse. Economics is only one of the fine fields we offer. As of now we are thinking of starting a Psych 353 class called, "Denial". Maybe a few of you guys can come in and be guest speakers for the kids some day.

Gotta run.....the outhouse the 9 of us use here is about full and I need to go dig another hole.

That's some pretty interesting selling the guy is doing there, and kudos to you for calling him out on it.

Telling you to buy a car to help get the country out of a recession is almost as moronic as telling people that paying taxes makes them patriotic.

Oh, wait...

That's some pretty interesting selling the guy is doing there, and kudos to you for calling him out on it.

Telling you to buy a car to help get the country out of a recession is almost as moronic as telling people that paying taxes makes them patriotic.

Oh, wait...

I wonder if that'll work in any other contexts.

"Honey, I'll buy you diamonds for Christmas if you give me a blow job. C'mon...you'll be helping the country out of a recession..."

I wonder if that'll work in any other contexts.

"Honey, I'll buy you diamonds for Christmas if you give me a blow job. C'mon...you'll be helping the country out of a recession..."

Biden would have had more credibility if he actually told the female population that giving blow jobs is a way to show their patriotism.

Watch how well it fits.

“It’s time to be patriotic, ladies… time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get your husband out of the rut, and the way to do that is to suck his dick."

Now that's change you can believe in.

Why does gold and silver go down ? I thought it would go up during this recession , unless no one has any money to buy them.

Probably a collection of several of a great many different reasons.

If I had to guess...gold's an inflation hedge. Despite the increased money supply, inflation is currently pretty insignificant as far as I know. Hence, little buying pressure on precious metals.

At the moment. Inflation won't stay low for long. The money supply is bound to exert an inflationary pressure at some point...and if I had to guess again, the holiday season will beat expectations (since the American consumer has been hoarding cash for a few months now, and is conditioned to spend, I suspect they'll spend more than expected this month), causing the widespread belief that "everything's better" with the new year, and inflation numbers will start spiking around early spring.

But I could be wrong. Really, I'm spitballing here. I'll have to run that analysis by my brother-in-law next time I talk to him, see what he thinks.

Probably a collection of several of a great many different reasons.

If I had to guess...gold's an inflation hedge. Despite the increased money supply, inflation is currently pretty insignificant as far as I know. Hence, little buying pressure on precious metals.

At the moment. Inflation won't stay low for long. The money supply is bound to exert an inflationary pressure at some point...and if I had to guess again, the holiday season will beat expectations (since the American consumer has been hoarding cash for a few months now, and is conditioned to spend, I suspect they'll spend more than expected this month), causing the widespread belief that "everything's better" with the new year, and inflation numbers will start spiking around early spring.

But I could be wrong. Really, I'm spitballing here. I'll have to run that analysis by my brother-in-law next time I talk to him, see what he thinks.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, and Wrong.