what worries me about the

BeastMode54

The Jets have been a good running team this year, but their passing game, barring Favre's 6 TD game, has been nothing special. The reason being that teams have been able to consistently pressure Favre, forcing him to make bad throws or take sacks. The worrisome part is that our team hasn't gotten a consistent pass rush since the Seattle game. If Favre has more time, as with any quarterback, his success rate goes up, which would lead to both an effective ground and air attack. Please get better Aaron, you're an elite pass rusher, but you're the best we have

The Jets have been a good running team this year, but their passing game, barring Favre's 6 TD game, has been nothing special. The reason being that teams have been able to consistently pressure Favre, forcing him to make bad throws or take sacks. The worrisome part is that our team hasn't gotten a consistent pass rush since the Seattle game. If Favre has more time, as with any quarterback, his success rate goes up, which would lead to both an effective ground and air attack. Please get better Aaron, you're an elite pass rusher, but you're the best we have

The reason we don't have a consistent pass rush is that Fewell only calls it twice a game. At least that's the way it looks.

I agree. If Favre is allowed time, with little pressure he will pick apart our depleted secondary.

If Pennington can burn us for 300 yards with his garbage arm, imagine what Favre could do.

The reason we don't have a consistent pass rush is that Fewell only calls it twice a game. At least that's the way it looks.

Agreed. We've had a pass rush when the LBs blitz, and its been much more effective than not.

I'm just not sure why we abandoned the Seattle plan and only blitz once or twice a game now.

Send 2 LBs up the middle between Stroud and Williams, they wont burn us when the QB cant even get out from under center (a la Hasellbeck)

The Bills D vs. Seattle compared to the D for the rest of the year is like night and day. I don't know why PF is afraid to bring the blitz, but when done it's brought a lot of success this year. Watching seven guys stack the line and Hassleback trying to figure out who was actually coming - it was great. Sure, it was Seattle and there are much better lines in the league, but it can still cause some confusion for the QB.

The Bills D vs. Seattle compared to the D for the rest of the year is like night and day. I don't know why PF is afraid to bring the blitz, but when done it's brought a lot of success this year. Watching seven guys stack the line and Hassleback trying to figure out who was actually coming - it was great. Sure, it was Seattle and there are much better lines in the league, but it can still cause some confusion for the QB.

even more infuriating watching 7 guys stack the line, then seeing all potential blitzers drop back at the snap. so now, not only are we bringing no pressure, our LBs are out of good position.

even more infuriating watching 7 guys stack the line, then seeing all potential blitzers drop back at the snap. so now, not only are we bringing no pressure, our LBs are out of good position.

it only works if they actually bring the blitz once in a while - as opposed to toying with our emotions of actually having a pass rush for a down

Oakland was a nice game for their stats. They didn't run the ball well vs. the Chiefs or Bengals.

exactly. The Jets are not a good running team. Despite Favre int's. They're living and dying via the passing game, and special teams. Their defense is up and down. They have some physical players in their secondary who take chances, but can also be burned. Their front 7 lives and dies with Kris Jenkins. Leon Washington is their only rb who worries me,cause of how versatile he is. The biggest threat comes from cotchery/coles. Especially if McGee isn't 100% and youboty still can't go. It could be a long day.

I read the article about Mangenious telling Brett he needs ot cut dow non the interceptions. That could go either way. It could make him think about something he normally just does by reaction and throw him slightly off his game. While maybe no Int's, just alot of terrible passes. Or could make him want to prove the coach wrong and have a really good game. Hopefully the first one will happen!

especially with a CB who has to give a 10-15 yard cushion...

That's not every week, Dank. McGee is normally a fine cover CB....the best that we have and one of the better in the league. The guy was still recovering last week and "under orders" to leave a cushion. I have a strong feeling things will be quite a bit different this week.

Agreed. We've had a pass rush when the LBs blitz, and its been much more effective than not.

I'm just not sure why we abandoned the Seattle plan and only blitz once or twice a game now.

Send 2 LBs up the middle between Stroud and Williams, they wont burn us when the QB cant even get out from under center (a la Hasellbeck)

It's baffling the way Fewell has pulled back on blitzing, especially since it worked so well against Seattle. Just f'ing baffling.

That's not every week, Dank. McGee is normally a fine cover CB....the best that we have and one of the better in the league. The guy was still recovering last week and "under orders" to leave a cushion. I have a strong feeling things will be quite a bit different this week.

yeah, dank.

It's baffling the way Fewell has pulled back on blitzing, especially since it worked so well against Seattle. Just f'ing baffling.

Its not so baffling if you look at what he did last year (IMO)

When we started coming down with the injury bug we did the same thing and you heard comments from guys like Whitner this year say that "now we can take more chances"

We are hurting in our secondary.....so possibly reverting back to last years philosophy?

Personally I dont think you can win when you are trying not to lose (I know that sounds a little wierd....but if you think about it for a minute it will grow on you)