My prediction.....when Aaron Schrobel does come back

Does anybody else but me think his inneffectiveness this year have to do with that foot and was severely limiting him even before he was listed on the injury report?

I think our Pass rush will be back with a Healthy Schrobel

Well, he was pretty ineffectivene last year also, having his lowest sack total siince his rookie year.

1 sack so far this year for him, and no pass rush from that line.

http://www.nfl.com/players/aaronschobel/profile?id=SCH422487

Does anybody else but me think his inneffectiveness this year have to do with that foot and was severely limiting him even before he was listed on the injury report?

I think Fewell is the reason for the anemic pass rush. How many time have you seen the Bills blitz per game this year? If Fewell doesn't call the blitz, it most likely isn't going to be called by the defense on the field.

Fewell's defense is fine when they're crusing along in a game, but you take the Arizona and Miami games, when the D was getting ripped up and what did Fewell do to adjust? Close your eyes and what do you see? That's right.....nothing.

Hell, I don't even think he was ineffective.

C'mon John, you've been on way too many ballfields to be fooled into believing that Schobel hasn't been good just because he only has 1 sack.

That's amateur hour and you know better.

C'mon John, you've been on way too many ballfields to be fooled into believing that Schobel hasn't been good just because he only has 1 sack.

An opinion contrary to yours does not make it amateur.

If all someone cares about is sacks then sign a potato. I was hopeful that posters were more intelligent than Dan Quayle and knew that being a Defense Lineman is a lot more than sacking QB.

He's been ineffective all year...even his one sack was basically a busted play where he came in and cleaned up the mess

Ok, when will our D-line consistantly pressure the QB We didnt vrs Miami and Arizona, and we lost. Schobel has been terrible after he wanted to lose wieght to be faster. He didnt get any faster, just a lot weaker. He was never a speed rusher but and effort technique guy. Now he is too small (last I heard he was at or under 260lbs) to do either as tackles jsut push him around. I feel he maxed our a few years back when he abused the then rookie tackle D. Ferguson for 4 or 5 sacks in 2 games. I vote go after Suggs and let him rush the passer from teh DE spot every play

:blink: Amen brutha!!

Well, he was pretty ineffectivene last year also, having his lowest sack total siince his rookie year.

1 sack so far this year for him, and no pass rush from that line.

http://www.nfl.com/players/aaronschobel/profile?id=SCH422487

I'm willing to cut him slack for last year due to all the defensive injuries.

I understand what you are saying Simon.....I am just wondering if he has been hiding a injury.

Understanding the mechanics of it.....

Aaron Schrobel is a edge rusher

He has never been a stout run defender that is just not his game

His quickness of the snap is what has made him effective

If he has a foot injury that prevents him from exploding off of that foot....then you compound that with the other teams best OT giving him a pass protection punch to knock him off balance.....and things go bad from there

I am not saying that I know I am right here.....what I am interested to see if there is something to my suspicions......or he could just be over the hill

Wrong Thoner7, Schobel had his best year playing at his current weight. Run defense is about technique and leverage anyways, not weight. Honestly, what really is the difference when your 245 or 265 going against a man weighing 330??? Schobel is just probably a little over the hill (but like I said with someone bad ass on the other side he would be fine for a few more years) and is paid as an elite player when he really is just a very solid player.

Our line with/without Schobel cannot pressure the QB consistently, yes?

Opposing QBs have time in the pocket to pick our D apart, yes?

When we blitz we are more effective but this can be a catch 22, yes?

but but but

Schobel is supposed to be our pass rushing D-lineman, yes?

Stroud's arrival would allow Schobel to be a more effective pass rusher, yes?