ESPN giving respect

Virgil

While I know that Power Rankings mean absolutely nothing, I do believe that they do represent the respect a team has out there.

Usually, whenever the Bills do well, then lose a game, they drop almost 10 spots. This week, they lost and only dropped from 4 to 6. They are still ahead of the Patriots even. I really think this shows a lot for how much people think of the Bills. It hasn't been like this for the team in a long time and when a good team loses a random game, they don't get penalized. It would appear that ESPN thinks that the Dolphins didn't beat the Bills, they beat themselves.

Maybe dumb, but I like it

i think it shows respect. but we have 3 very glaring problems

1) injuries

2) jason peters

3) run blocking

i think we will still make it to the playoffs, but if we dont fix at least 2 of those things, i dont think we can win in the playoffs. those are the 3 things holding us back right now imo

other than that, we are a good team and i think people can see that. i think the number one thing that is getting us respect is trent. it looks like we have a real franchise QB and that is something that this team has lacked a long time. i think just him playing well has given us all a relief

1) injuries

2) jason peters

3) run blocking

i think we will still make it to the playoffs, but if we dont fix at least 2 of those things, i dont think we can win in the playoffs. those are the 3 things holding us back right now imo

other than that, we are a good team and i think people can see that. i think the number one thing that is getting us respect is trent. it looks like we have a real franchise QB and that is something that this team has lacked a long time. i think just him playing well has given us all a relief

4) pass D the past 3 games

1) injuries

2) jason peters

3) run blocking

Yeah, Jason Peters is "holding the team back." Sure thing. :nana:

1) injuries

2) jason peters

3) run blocking

This is being ridiculously overdone. Im not cutting the guy a break by any means, but he is not one of our 3 biggest problems...

Guys - it is not Jason Peters, it is Melvin Folwer. i will say this again, Jason peters was out of position on the Jerry Porter safety, too out of position if you ask me. i believe he was communicated a blocking assignment where he was to have inside help. But the inside help appeared to late.

No more Utica Club for DanInUticaTampa. I'm not happy with the "smooth move" by Peters either but run as fast as you can into a wall please. Pass rush and Robert fricken Royal are just two to start with. Peters is not even on the problems list man.

1) injuries

2) jason peters

3) run blocking

How do you fix injuries? The only way I know is not to play.

While I know that Power Rankings mean absolutely nothing, I do believe that they do represent the respect a team has out there.

Usually, whenever the Bills do well, then lose a game, they drop almost 10 spots. This week, they lost and only dropped from 4 to 6. They are still ahead of the Patriots even. I really think this shows a lot for how much people think of the Bills. It hasn't been like this for the team in a long time and when a good team loses a random game, they don't get penalized. It would appear that ESPN thinks that the Dolphins didn't beat the Bills, they beat themselves.

There's nothing dumb about the bolded statement above.

It is dumb, this 'respect' thing is pathetic.

Do fans really watch these rankings and these football shows on TV looking to see what the national opinion is of the Bills?

I know that I don't care.

It is dumb, this 'respect' thing is pathetic.

Do fans really watch these rankings and these football shows on TV looking to see what the national opinion is of the Bills?

I know that I don't care.

Yeah I think fans really do care. I mean I just enjoy the extra exposure since I don't live in Buffalo. It's nice to hear some different stories - you don't have to call it respect if you dont' like that word, but I sure do enjoy the ESPN exposure.

All that matters in the end is how many W's and how many L's there are. Buffalo has the fortune of a weak schedule this year. I hope they just continue to learn as a team. However in the spirit of this thread - I agree with several other posts - Peters is not a problem. I would however say the following is:

Lack of a consistant threat in the middle of the field. This is tied to:

Lack of depth at WR - Lee is the real deal but huge drop after him - Reed is a good utility receiver but not a #2 threat that anyone game plans for

Lack of a consistent and good slot receiver - Parrish just is not a threat and too injury prone - limit him to punt returns

Lack of a threat at TE - caused by need to frequently max protect and lack of talent

Hardy not far enough along in his development - maybe he will get there but a problem for now

1) injuries

2) jason peters

3) run blocking

While Peters has had bouts of inconsistency, he hasn't been one of the three biggest problems for this team this season. The offensive line as a whole has been very inconsistent in providing pass protection, a problem which goes well beyond just Peters. As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, Fowler is not the answer at center. While he's obviously been the most glaring weakness on the line, the Bills could use upgrades at some other line positions as well. In addition to using a first or second round pick on Fowler's replacement, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills use some of their picks in rounds 2 - 4 on potential replacements for Butler and Dockery.

All that matters in the end is how many W's and how many L's there are. Buffalo has the fortune of a weak schedule this year. I hope they just continue to learn as a team. However in the spirit of this thread - I agree with several other posts - Peters is not a problem. I would however say the following is:

Lack of a consistant threat in the middle of the field. This is tied to:

Lack of depth at WR - Lee is the real deal but huge drop after him - Reed is a good utility receiver but not a #2 threat that anyone game plans for

Lack of a consistent and good slot receiver - Parrish just is not a threat and too injury prone - limit him to punt returns

Lack of a threat at TE - caused by need to frequently max protect and lack of talent

Hardy not far enough along in his development - maybe he will get there but a problem for now

I agree with alot of this but not the last point. I just dont think Hardy has had enough put on his shoulders. I think if they force him the ball he will respond.

JFP

Yeah, Jason Peters is "holding the team back." Sure thing. :devil:

well, i didn't say he was the only thing holding the team back. If you look at what i wrote, i made it obvious that there are 3 problems, in my opinion, that involve several players. not just peters.

This is being ridiculously overdone. Im not cutting the guy a break by any means, but he is not one of our 3 biggest problems...

Maybe not one of the biggest 3, that might be an exageration on my part. The way i see it, the o-line played much better last year and the only really difference this year is the peters holdout got them off to a slow start.

Guys - it is not Jason Peters, it is Melvin Folwer. i will say this again, Jason peters was out of position on the Jerry Porter safety, too out of position if you ask me. i believe he was communicated a blocking assignment where he was to have inside help. But the inside help appeared to late.

i agree melvin fowler is a problem, maybe bigger than peters. i personally feel that peters has been a problem. his attitude in the offseason was a thorn on the team's side, he has had a very slow start, and the o-line as a whole has played poorly when he has been on it. Sure, he is not the only one on the line and they are all making mistakes. So maybe it was unfair to call peters out alone. But the oline did pretty decent when peters wasn't on it in the begining of the season. so now that he isn't on it, it sure doesn't look like he is an improvement. I know i am not a football expert, it is just an observation. take it for what it is.

But yes, i still feel injuries are the # 1 problem. the secondary is injured badly, schobel is missed, and the WR corps is never fully healthy.

i still say peters is a problem at #2. fowler can be added in there as well. I honestly think that Peters will get better and the scars he cause will heal pretty easily. just right now it seems to be a problem. fowler will never get better, from what i see.

and the run blocking is a problem. if your team cant score 3rd and goal on the one yrd line, then you need better run blocking. lynch and jackson are pretty good and could be more successful. i think lynch dances around too much on some plays, but not every play. i also feel he should get more touches

If that explains what i wrote a little better, than good. I never said "peters was the only thing holding back the team" so people need to get over it. but i do admit that it was an exageration at putting peters in there alone. If i put more thought into it i would have added fowler, royal, and maybe even a couple more players.