WHEN WILL DONTE WHITNER MAKE A PLAY

I like Whitner, he's a nice player. That said, I don't get why some folks equate being vocal with being a leader. If your mouth is heard above others on the team, you better be bringing it in a major way. Otherwise, you're just Tim Mckyer.

your post count seems to be about as extensive as your Bills knowledge.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely don't remember a non-QB Bill who was defended against any criticism so vigorously by so many.

I continue to be reminded of Henry Jones: Great locker room guy, ok player, and no aspect of his game really stands out. Actually that's a pretty generous comparison since Jones was at least a very good cover guy at times.

I don't know if he would've made a play on Ginn if Mitchell didn't get him from behind (he got juked out of his jock). The Ricky Williams TD was also puzzling as he was standing in the endzone seemingly unblocked.

Maybe those of us critics just have unrealistic expectations if we're not comforted by the fact that the Safety from Texas/Oakland sucks.

Henry Jones made many big plays during his years with the Bills. Lil' Donte reminds me more of Lil' Antoine (though Lil' Antoine finally started making plays after he left town. <_< ). Whitner is a decent player, but I don't think he has too much upside, what you see from him now is what you're gonna get. Good thing is he's still very young, and I don't think he's gonna break the bank with his next contract. If he finally develops any kind of consistency, he should have a very long career in this league.

your post count seems to be about as extensive as your Bills knowledge.

A couple years ago you were soliciting advice from the board on the proper courtship etiquette for your first date.

I would guess your institutional memory of the Bills starts at the Todd Collins era. And, more importantly, I wonder if you finally figured out what to do with your pee-pee.

come on now...even when schobel was healthy the pass rush wasnt very good i.e arizona, or basically every game except seattle...

i believe someone earlier said the key to winning football games and being a great football team is being able to run the ball consistently and rush the passer, niether of which we do

Just like Whitner, a lot of guys dog Schoebel. He has been playing not a full strength the past 2 seasons and yet there has been a few games this seasons where he hasn't gotten sacks but has at least gotten pressure on the Qb. When I made the earlier statement, I said when all those players get FULLY healthy then we may go from having a good defense to a dominating one, especially if we release the dogs and start attacking offenses. We seem to play at our best when we are either blitzing, faking it, or using the standup D-line. We are at our worst when we rush 4 and play soft coverage with bend but don't break mentality! Once McGee and Youbouty get back at FULL strength, Fewell would have more confidence in his DBs and allow them to take more chances and play tighter coverage while pressuring the QB. Kawika and Poz are great blitzers; by not fully taking advantages of their strengths then we are not utilizing our D to its FULLEST potential!

A couple years ago you were soliciting advice from the board on the proper courtship etiquette for your first date.

I would guess your institutional memory of the Bills starts at the Todd Collins era. And, more importantly, I wonder if you finally figured out what to do with your pee-pee.

Perhaps your extensive knowledge would reveal Donte hosting team positional meetings a his house, taking rookies under his wing, taking control of the defense, being a locker room leader.

As for my pee pee, it gets big when i touch it. Is that normal?

Perhaps your extensive knowledge would reveal Donte hosting team positional meetings a his house, taking rookies under his wing, taking control of the defense, being a locker room leader.

As for my pee pee, it gets big when i touch it. Is that normal?

All those things you cite illustrate he's a stand-up guy, and your ability to regurgitate what is in the local press is commendable. Demonstrating excellence on the field is a lot harder than talking about it.

And yes, your pee-pee will get larger when you touch it, just pull your fist out of your ass first.

All those things you cite illustrate he's a stand-up guy, and your ability to regurgitate what is in the local press is commendable. Demonstrating excellence on the field is a lot harder than talking about it.

And yes, your pee-pee will get larger when you touch it, just pull your fist out of your ass first.

Sorry Rammy but thats funny.

For only having 12 posts thus far, you made this one count!!! <_<

So let me get this straight, we're running Whitner out of town right now? Just wondering if I should start gathering wood to use as torches when we storm the castle.

Don't forget the hunchbacks & gas, very important stuff.

Ok mr smartass, am i supposed to go into the locker room myself and then determine if Whitner is a leader? So we're not allowed to follow the local new outlets to get information anymore? They dont count?

And how has Whitner failed to "demonstrate excellence" on the field? He's always in position to make the play. He's made numerous tackles and critical stops this year that have prevented long gains, etc. But i guess to a mouth breather like yourself, the only way to define excellence is to appear on ESPN's top plays and rack up INTs.

I definitely don't remember a non-QB Bill who was defended against any criticism so vigorously by so many.

I continue to be reminded of Henry Jones: Great locker room guy, ok player, and no aspect of his game really stands out. Actually that's a pretty generous comparison since Jones was at least a very good cover guy at times.

I don't know if he would've made a play on Ginn if Mitchell didn't get him from behind (he got juked out of his jock). The Ricky Williams TD was also puzzling as he was standing in the endzone seemingly unblocked.

Maybe those of us critics just have unrealistic expectations if we're not comforted by the fact that the Safety from Texas/Oakland sucks.

Whitner has got a LONG way to go before He can be mentioned with likes of #20...At least as far as Bills History is concerned...And Henry was not a Top Ten Pick either...

From 92-95 Jones had over 330 TT's, 13 INTS, 6 Forced Fumbles, 3 TD's and a Safety...Now I'm not saying HJ was a Super Star by any means...But He made some huge Plays for those Bills Defenses...And He was usually pretty reliable...

I really don't think Donte is a bad Player at all...In fact I think He's pretty good...He should get better too...But He's not a difference maker at this point of His career...And for a S Drafted #8 Overall...

Well nevermind... :wallbash:

On the play when Ricky Williams took the short pass and ran through half the defense, wasn't it DW who fought through a block to make a TD saving tackle?

You know what really bothered me about that play? About 10 plays earlier, we tried the exact same thing. It was set up and timed perfectly. The execution, however...

On the play when Ricky Williams took the short pass and ran through half the defense, wasn't it DW who fought through a block to make a TD saving tackle?

Whitner also ran down Ted Ginn, from behind, and saved a TD. He was making up ground so fast, that Ginn stopped, and tried to juke him and got caught by Mitchell. Had Mitchell not been there, Donte still had him on the sideline and would have pushed him out of bounds.

Whitner bashing is so yesterday. He was one the few defensive players that didn't stink, yesterday.

Whitner has got a LONG way to go before He can be mentioned with likes of #20...At least as far as Bills History is concerned...And Henry was not a Top Ten Pick either...

From 92-95 Jones had over 330 TT's, 13 INTS, 6 Forced Fumbles, 3 TD's and a Safety...Now I'm not saying HJ was a Super Star by any means...But He made some huge Plays for those Bills Defenses...And He was usually pretty reliable...

I really don't think Donte is a bad Player at all...In fact I think He's pretty good...He should get better too...But He's not a difference maker at this point of His career...And for a S Drafted #8 Overall...

Well nevermind... :wallbash:

One could argue that Henry Jones had a slightly better defense around him, a defense that could actually get to the QB and put pressure on them. That might just have a little bit to do with why Jones has better stats.

One could argue that Henry Jones had a slightly better defense around him, a defense that could actually get to the QB and put pressure on them. That might just have a little bit to do with why Jones has better stats.

It might also be related to how the individual players were USED in their respective defenses, but that's far too much for many posters to think about.

Never - he'll never live up to the lofty expectations set with where he was selected...Probably in a can't win scenerio here in buffalo....

Do you honestly think if he put up half of Polamalu's #s in the secondary this would happen? I'm just saying half, not 3/4s. The guy flat out sucks in the secondary and he's not around the ball.