JP would have won this game!

thebug

I will say this, Edwards should've been paying attention last year when Losman fumbled away his starting job in Jacksonville. It's pretty apparent that this team needs mistake-free play from the QB to win games, so hopefully Edwards is learning.

Trent was god awful today....but sometimes a young players needs a game like this....he will come back hungry next week....Jets better watch out

Trent was not god awful by any means. He was somewhere in between average and mediocre, but it's not like he was throwing TDs to the other team.

Actually, had JP played, the Bills might have won ***...but it would have been due to a different offensive game plan. Along with not getting the ball to Lynch (and Jackson) more, the long ball was very poorly used, today. Take this example: I couldn't understand the long fade route to Hardy on 2nd and 1 (early in the 4th quarter). That was asking too much from Trent and Hardy, IMO. If you want to air it out, give your best deep threat a shot, and let the QB put it out there where Evans can run under it. They MAY have run that route with JP in the game.

*** This was strictly for demonstrative purposes to show the problems in the deep passing game, and was not meant as an endorsement for JP ats the starting QB. While I think it is true that they MIGHT have won with JP, they should have won with Trent, and I think they do 7 or 8 out of 10 tries. It is also possible they MIGHT win with any given QB having a very good day. So, let's try not to turn this into a thread bashing Trent or JP. K?

Trent was not god awful by any means. He was somewhere in between average and mediocre, but it's not like he was throwing TDs to the other team.

No sir...he was well below average....plainly awful....

He missed many oppurtunites today....his throws were erretic...he had happy feet.....held on to the ball to long....and fumbled in the worst spots....

Young players have these kind of games....coaching staff knows this, stick with him and he will bounce back next

Actually, had JP played, the Bills might have won ***...but it would have been due to a different offensive game plan. Along with not getting the ball to Lynch (and Jackson) more, the long ball was very poorly used, today. Take this example: I couldn't understand the long fade route to Hardy on 2nd and 1 (early in the 4th quarter). That was asking too much from Trent and Hardy, IMO. If you want to air it out, give your best deep threat a shot, and let the QB put it out there where Evans can run under it. They MAY have run that route with JP in the game.

[

That pass was on Trent....Hardy had a step on his man down the sideline...and he threw it over/out of bounds....I bet if Trent had one throw...one play to do over....up to that point....it be that one

That pass was on Trent....Hardy had a step on his man down the sideline...and he threw it over/out of bounds....I bet if Trent had one throw...one play to do over....up to that point....it be that one

It was a poor throw, but there were several very poor throws, by Trent, today (and some good throws that weren't caught, it should be noted). Calling that play to the sideline was a mistake, I think, for Trent who is still developing his long ball skills.

It was a poor throw, but there were several very poor throws, by Trent, today (and some good throws that weren't caught, it should be noted). Calling that play to the sideline was a mistake, I think, for Trent who is still developing his long ball skills.

I disagree....I thought the playcall was right on.....we needed to take a shot downfield...and 2nd and short from the 40 was a prefect time....and it was there....just a poor throw...

of course seeing the result on that play and the next(trent fumble)......i can see your point....

I disagree....I thought the playcall was right on.....we needed to take a shot downfield...and 2nd and short from the 40 was a prefect time....and it was there....just a poor throw...

:thumbsup::lol: :lol: I agree on taking the shot downfield...just not that play. Throw it to Evans and not right along the sideline. That way, you have room for error, and give the WR a chance to adjust...and why not use your BEST long WR? When Trent shows he can regularly hit the easy long throws to the Bills' best WR, I would consider letting him try the more difficult ones, to other WRs.

:thumbsup::lol: :lol: I agree on taking the shot downfield...just not that play. Throw it to Evans and not right along the sideline. That way, you have room for error, and give the WR a chance to adjust...and why not use your BEST long WR? When Trent shows he can regularly hit the easy long throws to the Bills' best WR, I would consider letting him try the more difficult ones, to other WRs.

Maybe Robert Royal? Oh nevermind...

I would agree...get it your best guy....but Hardy was open and Edwards just missed

Thats what i thought just looked almost uncomfortable if thats because of Miami or our coaching staff idk but Trent could have played better but our play calling was horrible today.... why did we stop running the ball?

Thats what i thought just looked almost uncomfortable if thats because of Miami or our coaching staff idk but Trent could have played better but our play calling was horrible today.... why did we stop running the ball?

Good point, the first drive of the 2nd half we ran over them, then nothing?