The reason why we lost...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was j/k when i wrote that. I still think we win 9 games this year. Hey, better than 7-9. :beer:

i predicted 10 wins this year....and i predicted DEN will miss the playoffs--but SD--woooo they look uncoached--so DEN may get in at 9-7

I'd say no run game when we need it. And Trent Edwards. Yes, he had a bad game.

In no way do I suggest he be benched. All QBs have bad games, especially 2nd year QBs. So, in no way should anyone panic and draw stupid conclusion. But, Trent did have a bad game. Maybe we should keep him off Sportscenter for a while?

Of course, an honorable mention should go to McGee's complete lack of any ability to cover Ginn.

Look deeper - why was Edwards under the gun so much today?

I felt we moved the ball well enough to win this game without the turnovers. It's always nice to see better rushing numbers but to play the "if we ran the ball more we wouldn't have turnovers" game is tough when Trent is having as much success as he is. Live and learn.

i predicted 10 wins this year....and i predicted DEN will miss the playoffs--but SD--woooo they look uncoached--so DEN may get in at 9-7

I hope your right. Watching this team play is excruciating. Every game is a fight to the death to win. You can only do that for so long until there true colors start to show. They are 5-2. I am thrilled at that. They do not play like a 5-2 team.

it's more general than any of that, we're just not a good road team ... 3 & 0 at home, 2 & 2 on road. and the reason why is we're not a dominant team. we don't win physical matchups on either side of the line. and without consistent performance from the TE and all of our starting WRs being small, we don't any in the secondary either. when you're on the road and your game plan is more basic, and your ability to audible less, you win by dominating physical matchups. we're miles away from being that kind of team

t. They do not play like a 5-2 team.

Sure they do. Ask Washington who got beat by the Rams at home. Ask the Giants who got blown out by the Browns. Ask the Pats who got killed by Miami at home. If you guys can't pick up on the ridiculous parody there is in this league then God help you. You are as good as your record says you are.

Look deeper - why was Edwards under the gun so much today?

You don't have to look deeper. Don't fumble. Don't throw interceptions. Win the game.

We have a good, solid football team that doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't commit a bunch of penalties. That was not the case today. If we avoid turnovers and we don't have a bunch of penalties, we'll be fine.

After Edwards' INT they seemed to completely abandon the run. It made no sense to me. First drive of the second half, run it down Miami's throats, have some mixed results with the pass on subsequent drives, then once we're down 4 just go all pass all the time. Very poor job by the offensive coaching staff in the 4th quarter.

Main reason, McGee should have been pulled. He wasnt even on the TV screen when the Wr was catching long, duck passes from P SHooter. Trents only bad turnover was on the Sneak.

WHY was Marshawn ridin pine when we run the ball three straight times inside the 10??? He does not get stopped inside the redzone as further proved later in the game. He would have gotten in on 2nd and 3rd down. thats 4 points. 13 carriesis not enough for him. If Marshawn gets those carries, and Mckelvin replaced Mcgee in the 2nd after it was obvious McGee was not good to go we win the game.

You don't have to look deeper. Don't fumble. Don't throw interceptions. Win the game.

We have a good, solid football team that doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't commit a bunch of penalties. That was not the case today. If we avoid turnovers and we don't have a bunch of penalties, we'll be fine.

This is correct. Would it be nice if our running game was better, or good? Yah. But why is anyone who points this out after a win called names from everything to a terrorist to the anti-christ who should root for the Patriots? We cannot run the football very well - particularly in short yardage situations - and we're going as far as Edwards & the defense takes us and that's all there is to it.

I hope your right. Watching this team play is excruciating. Every game is a fight to the death to win. You can only do that for so long until there true colors start to show. They are 5-2. I am thrilled at that. They do not play like a 5-2 team.

well.....as we have discussed since week 2 ---we are not strong on the lines. As long as that is the case we won't be pounding out too many solid wins. We aren't pittsburgh.---But very very few teams are.