When does a team become "Real"

SKOOBY

You almost make me want to hope the Bills lose so that posts like this don't exist.

Please stop. There is nothing to complain about, stop reaching.

It's the reality of being disrespected all the time that makes me wonder what it might take. Can you objectively answer what it will take?? We had to beat SD, now it's our division opponents and next it will be to beat them again. Next it's going to be Brady getting healthy and coming back to play and us beating him, where does it really end??

It's cool to be 5-1 but if any other team were the same record against a team that was 1-15 last season and 2-4 this season, there would be a better spread.

It's cool to be 5-1 but if any other team were the same record against a team that was 1-15 last season and 2-4 this, there would be a better spread.

Vegas odds are not any one persons opinion though. Lots and lots of money is made and lost on that, so people have to be honest. We'd have to like win 13 games this year and go 5-1 next year to get the kind of spread you want at an away game against a division rival.

Sand Diego, Pittsburgh, Indy, Cheaters win year in and year out. They are safe to bet on them, so more people do.

It's the reality of being disrespected all the time that makes me wonder what it might take.

Disrespected. What does that really mean? Is it important to have fishwraps and bookies kiss the Bills A$$?

Please, we have a very good team to root for. Enjoy it while you can. The only thing that's important is that we know they're good and they know they're good. As long as they win, I couldn't give a crap what the talking heads think.

Were 5-1, yet we can't get more than a 2 point spread against a 2-4 team. When does the reality of our being there come about?? What does it take to be a "Real" team?

Since you care, I can assure you that the VAST majority of media analysts and NFL personalities have stated that the Bills are for real, from what I have seen and read. You make it sound like most of them are still dissing them...that simply isn't true. There are a handful (at most) who still need convincing. Big deal.

Were 5-1, yet we can't get more than a 2 point spread against a 2-4 team. When does the reality of our being there come about?? What does it take to be a "Real" team?

IMHO ......

A team becomes "real" when they CRUSH the weak teams and beat the good teams on their schedule consistantly. Until you can look at the schedule during preseason and say "I'm sure of this win ..... that win ..... and that win ..... we have to be on our toes for this win and that win.

As long as we have to say ...... I'm glad Brady is out this year so we stand a chance to win the division .... I'm glad player "A" is injured so we don't have to face him this week, we are a mid-level team aspiring to greatness.

When we are "real" we won't give a rats a$$ who is lining up against us we know in our hearts that we stand a darn good chance to win the game, any game, no mater who is on the roster.

I don't mean to say we have to go undefeated ....... but a loss should be a surprise.

That being said ...... I agree with the previous posters who say ..... this team is good and getting better with each snap of the ball, sit back and enjoy the start of something wonderful and quit worrying what the "experts" think about us. Face it, we are in a secondary market as far as the NFL is concerned ..... the fans will realize the Bills are "for real" looooooooong before the rest of the nation does.

You almost make me want to hope the Bills lose so that posts like this don't exist.

Please stop. There is nothing to complain about, stop reaching.

THIS post cracked me up! As did the "crazy people" post. Well done.

Skooboy, it's okay. Take the chip off the ol' shoulder, take two deep breaths, and revel in the moment. The Bills might be 5-2 in 48 hours, and these will have been hours wasted whilst worrying about a bunch of overpaid talking heads who know NOTHING. Let's be grateful for what we have. The bad times will be here quickly enough.

Actually, everyone is being pretty honest with regard to the Bills, IMHO. The real question is why does everyone jump on the knob of other teams(Dallas, Green Bay, NE, etc) as soon as they are kinda good. Also, I don't know if you've noticed, but Trent has been everywhere lately(as well as Lee Evans). We've been getting the press, big time and you need to take notice and enjoy it while it lasts.

We beat the Chargers last week and if we could 2-1 in the next 3 divisional games with one of that win coming against the NE Patriots, people will pay more respect.

The 2pt spread is really giving us a 5pt edge with 3pts given to the home team...The Dolphins are no pushovers at home with big wins against New England and San Diego. I expect this to be a competitive game, especially when our D has been so-so.

"Real" team rules:

You might be a real team (with apologies to the "red neck" bit) if you have receivers on your squad who spend more time coming up with a bizarre end zone celebration than they do trying to figure out why they drop balls.

You might be a real team if your owner buys several "name" players each year to stock a juggernaught playoff team that the analysts get excited about in May. Even if they fall flat on their face in December.

You might be a real team if your stadium has a mobile roof that can shade luxury boxes while allowing the elements to send more than three regular ticketholders to the hospital.

You might be a real team if you pick up a few felons after other teams drop them, just to keep your club in the news.

You might be a real team if you have a few stars who can intimidate refs to not call them for obvious penalties.

But you are not a real team if all three components of your team (offense, defense, special teams) make a significant contribution to winning games. If that happens, you are a "cinderella" team and announcers predict weekly that you are going to unravel. it's more fun rooting for cinderella to "go to the ball." Go Bills!

"Real" team rules:

You might be a real team (with apologies to the "red neck" bit) if you have receivers on your squad who spend more time coming up with a bizarre end zone celebration than they do trying to figure out why they drop balls.

You might be a real team if your owner buys several "name" players each year to stock a juggernaught playoff team that the analysts get excited about in May. Even if they fall flat on their face in December.

You might be a real team if your stadium has a mobile roof that can shade luxury boxes while allowing the elements to send more than three regular ticketholders to the hospital.

You might be a real team if you pick up a few felons after other teams drop them, just to keep your club in the news.

You might be a real team if you have a few stars who can intimidate refs to not call them for obvious penalties.

But you are not a real team if all three components of your team (offense, defense, special teams) make a significant contribution to winning games. If that happens, you are a "cinderella" team and announcers predict weekly that you are going to unravel. it's more fun rooting for cinderella to "go to the ball." Go Bills!

Brilliant! The only thing I would add is You might be a real team if you have a future hall of fame quarterback whose life is playing out as a reality show/soap opera since the day the 2007 season ended.

More offense!!!!!!

More Cowbell!!

Since you care, I can assure you that the VAST majority of media analysts and NFL personalities have stated that the Bills are for real, from what I have seen and read. You make it sound like most of them are still dissing them...that simply isn't true. There are a handful (at most) who still need convincing. Big deal.

And that's all that matters! A real team isn't made on the field it's only made through the media. :thumbsup: I agree with Deano, why do you care? Let them keep disrespecting the Bills. Let them keep flying under the radar.

I'm not sure when they become "real", however if the Bills don't come out of

Florida with a rather convincing win tomorrow, it may be a few more weeks and

rightly so.

Need a road win against a division opponent.

:thumbsup:

I'm not sure when they become "real", however if the Bills don't come out of

Florida with a rather convincing win tomorrow, it may be a few more weeks and

rightly so.

Need a road win against a division opponent.

:thumbsup:

I'm here & it's wet.