John Clayton today on WGR said

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3658987

If the infection is not brought under control, the patellar tendon graft used to replace Brady's anterior cruciate ligament could become compromised, according to the Herald's report. If that happens, he will have to undergo another surgery on the ACL. That would reset the clock on his rehabilitation.

A big FU to anyone who is happy about this. I hope Brady comes back and is as good as ever. Beating those b!tches won't feel as satisfying unless he's the qb. Aside from that, there's nobody on this board that wouldn't switch places with him in a second. Gisele, best player in the league (don't doubt it after NE's fall this year), etc...

Aside from that, there's nobody on this board that wouldn't switch places with him in a second. Gisele, best player in the league (don't doubt it after NE's fall this year), etc...

That's a rather weird and stupid argument even if it may be true. While it's obvious he lives a blissful life, there's more to it than a hot girlfriend and lots of money. He's a very introverted guy from what I've heard.

Tim Graham had a bunch of stuff about it on the blog: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast

And yeah, if it gets bad enough, not playing football again may be the LEAST of his worries.

I'm torn between the "fanatic" and the "humanistic". The "fanatic" (the origin of the word "fan") in me says "F-ing good, you limp-wristed pantload". There simply is no NFL franchise - from urinal washer to General Manager - that deserves this news more than does the Patriots*.

The "humanistic" (the origin of the word is....er...."me", I guess) part of me says "Jesus, that has to hurt, Tom, and I wish you the best in recovering.......but not quite enough to ever be as good as you were in 2007".

At the end of the internal argument, he's a friggin' millionaire, he's sleeping with a supermodel, and is being treated by the best healthcare providers on the face of the planet. He'll be all right, of this I'm quite certain.

I just hope he never plays again. Period.

"This Boy" by the Beatles

A big FU to anyone who is happy about this. I hope Brady comes back and is as good as ever. Beating those b!tches won't feel as satisfying unless he's the qb. Aside from that, there's nobody on this board that wouldn't switch places with him in a second. Gisele, best player in the league (don't doubt it after NE's fall this year), etc...

I can assure you that beating those bastards will be sweet either way. That team has no problem hurting other players and then throwing their hands up and saying "Well, that's football". Injuries are part of the game, career ending or not. While I'm not going to cheer his injury It does come with the territory and he knew that. Him and his family are well off and will be for a long time.

Best player in the league...........This kind of thinking is the reason I'm sorry Brady was injured. Who is to say without the CHEATING of years past ( including last year ) the Pats* would have fared any better had Brady not been injured?

:lol:

Yep. Sure. John Clayton says it could be career threatening.

It could be. It could get so bad that such a severe infection sets in and that gangrene enters his knee and body making it life threathening or bring amputation in the picture. Could it happen? Yes. But it is slightly less likely than this infection being career threatening b/c that is about the only thing that could cause it to be career threatening. If the infection compromises his first graft reconstruction (rare and a slim chance) he would just need to have the re-con done again. A set-up back? Yes. Career threatening? Not even close. Brady will be back playing again in 2009. Mark my words. Same Brady? Maybe, maybe not, but no way is he much worse than Carson Palmer was last year or Donovan McNabb was either....

I hope Tom is fine and the Bills take the division this year and years to come, but we will see about that...

See, the ESPN types love to speculate because it makes news. Remember when Farve made public that he wanted to come back and no one in the Packers org even remotely said anything welcoming? It was a shoe-in he would not play there but yet Mort and John both said they put odds on him playing for Pack ahead of the Bucs and Jets. You know why? So that when things slide towards a trade and he was traded it was big news. There was no way he was goin to stay with the Pack but they tried to shove it down our throats.

Peace. Go Bills and Sabres!

as someone whose VERY modest but highly gratifying competitive athletic career was ended by complications from a single injury, i feel for the guy. it would suck to go out like that. i have no sympathy for the coach, the franchise or the fans, but it would be hell to lose your career that way...especially if it was a REAL career, and not the weekend warrior kind. i miss being able to do my sport every single day, and i hope it doesn't happen to him.

You are not authorized to speak for me or for anyone here. I would not switch places with anybody, least of all Brady. So take your FU and apply it to only yourself.

Why do I feel like the media is trying to put this "career threatening" news out there so that when everything does work out, they can make this another Teddy Bruschi story next year? Tom Brady overcomes a career and life threatening injury and returns to save the Patriots.

Why do I feel like the media is trying to put this "career threatening" news out there so that when everything does work out, they can make this another Teddy Bruschi story next year? Tom Brady overcomes a career and life threatening injury and returns to save the Patriots.

Bill, it is, of course, quite possible that you're correct on this point. Sick, but possibly true.

"Yer Blues" - The Beatles

Goodluck Tom, in hell.