Is anybody else not voting for McCain because of Palin?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20081022/pl_ynews/ynews_pl106

"Speaking of Palin, her numbers have plummeted in our poll. For the first time, she has a net-negative fav/unfav rating (38%-47%), the only principal [candidate] to carry that distinction. What's more, 55% think she's unqualified to serve as president if the need arises, which is a troublesome number given McCain's age. (Have worries about McCain's age risen because of Palin? Seems to be the case)."

Then ABC pulls McCain's poll problems together with this nugget explaining its most recent poll: "Fallout continues from McCain's pick of Sarah Palin for vice president, with 52 percent saying it weakens their confidence in his judgment."

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself a political moderate and I am registed independent as a voter. I am not a fan of McCain, and I am not a big fan of Obama either, though I've long thought of him as the lesser of two evils.

However, my mind was made up 100% to vote Obama with McCain's VP selection. The fact is that, McCain might appear to be in good health, but when you elect a 72 year old man to be president you have to accept the distinct possibility that he will die of natural causes in office. Who knows how close he is to a major stroke or heart attack?

And if that was the case, then the leader of the free world would be a woman who can't name a single American periodical, considers Alaska's proximity to Russia to be foreign policy experience, and thinks being a PTA member is one of her qualifications for leadership. Besides that, she just comes across as a complete idiot whenever she speaks. I'm aware that it's partially due to her accent, which it's wrong to judge somebody about...but half of what she says is just political right-wing buzzwords.

Bottomline is, I CANNOT with good conscience vote for McCain knowing his veep could very well be handed the presidency some day.

Anybody with me?

How many people are not voting for Biden because of Obama? Memememe

Me.

I posted (as it came clear that he would be the nominee) that I expected to vote for McCain. He's not perfect (only I am) but he had a nice record of both reform and working with others. I liked that on some issues I care about (moral conservatism), he stuck his finger in his party's eye. Also liked that he's a free trader.

Then he picked Palin. And she turns out by every objective measure to be an unqualified disaster. Rather than admitting that and asking her to resign (which would have had its own consequences but would have been the "right" thing to do), he's stuck with her. So it's not just the choice--I don't mind that he might have thought he had someone special--it's that he stuck with her once he realized how unqualified she was.

When he did this, he lost the independent vote big time. He could have chosen someone else who bolstered the religious base (which Palin did) and kept the independents. But he didn't.

And down goes McCain.

I'll vote Barr even though I hate him. It would be nice if the Libertarian party got a little notice in the wave of Obama-mania.

Why don't you just come out and say you are not going to vote for McCain because he picked a WOMAN for his VP? Don't feed me this BS about she is so terrible. That is a crock of sh-- and you know it.

If you don't vote for Obama your a racist. If you don't vote for McCain, your a sexist!

Then why weren't they released? McCain put his records out there for everyone to see. Obama and Biden haven't.

Oh and McCain's mother is still alive at 94.

So stop bringing up this nonsense of "McCain is going to die in office".

What are you talking about. Obama did indeed release his records.

... some people only listen to what they want to hear....

Go back and read your own posts. Especially the one about how bright our future is going to be with Obama, your going to need shades. :lol:

You make no sense.

Wacka is asserting that Obama did not release his records, when it is a well known fact and any bit of research could confirm that.

I am asserting the the future with Obama as president is going to be completely awesome, with is a subjective opinion, and cannot be verified or denied at this point in time. It is an opinion, that is what opinions are.

So Wacka stated false information, and I gave an opinion. Please explain the Pot/Kettle correlation to that.

Palin is more experienced than Obama. Why are you letting experience of the VP affect your decision when you're siding with a candidate who pretty much has displayed only his intentions for running for presidency while in office thus far.

Palin is more experienced than Obama. Why are you letting experience of the VP affect your decision when you're siding with a candidate who pretty much has displayed only his intentions for running for presidency while in office thus far.

Cheney and Rumsfeld are more experienced than both. We should elect them to Pres and VP.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Author_Chene...eputy_0916.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI7JXGqd0o

You make no sense.

Wacka is asserting that Obama did not release his records, when it is a well known fact and any bit of research could confirm that.

I am asserting the the future with Obama as president is going to be completely awesome, with is a subjective opinion, and cannot be verified or denied at this point in time. It is an opinion, that is what opinions are.

So Wacka stated false information, and I gave an opinion. Please explain the Pot/Kettle correlation to that.

Here's from an LA Times article from May:

The overview was contained in a one-page letter with no supporting documentation. “With no surgery or hospital stays, this is a complete summary of his doctor visits and medical records for the past two decades,” said campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki.

The brief Obama letter contrasted with Arizona Sen. John McCain’s decision to let a selected group of reporters spend three hours with nearly 1,200 pages of health records last week.

The article said Obama's last checkup was in January 2007.

The point I am trying to make is that you libs keep harping that McCain is going to drop dead in the next 4 years. Give up on trying that tired old attack.

From the documentation given, Obama and Biden both have as great a chance. Obama due to his smoking and Biden due to his aneurysms.

You just plain out and out hate McCain and Palin. Admit it.

Here's from an LA Times article from May:

The overview was contained in a one-page letter with no supporting documentation. “With no surgery or hospital stays, this is a complete summary of his doctor visits and medical records for the past two decades,” said campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki.

The brief Obama letter contrasted with Arizona Sen. John McCain’s decision to let a selected group of reporters spend three hours with nearly 1,200 pages of health records last week.

The article said Obama's last checkup was in January 2007.

The point I am trying to make is that you libs keep harping that McCain is going to drop dead in the next 4 years. Give up on trying that tired old attack.

From the documentation given, Obama and Biden both have as great a chance. Obama due to his smoking and Biden due to his aneurysms.

You just plain out and out hate McCain and Palin. Admit it.

I saw Sanjay Gupta, a doctor who was one of those invited to see McCain's records and he said it was a farce. They were allowed to look at those 1200 pages but there was a lot of stuff missing and blacked out, they weren't allowed to copy any of it, and the 1200 pages were left intentionally without page numbers, so they couldn't reference anything. he said it left more questions than answers for the doctors.

That said, I think Obama should have released a lot more info. One page isn't enough.

EDIT: This was some of what Gupta said:

""We were given three hours to go over 1,200 pages of records. That is a lot to go through. It was very sort of cloak and dagger and I'm sure they had their reasons. Given that I had my medical training, I was able to hone in on what it thought was important more quickly. But the pages weren't numbered, so I had no way of knowing what was missing... As a reporter I can only comment on what I saw but I can't say by any means that this was complete... As far as the secretiveness of it, what they said to us is that you can't take anything out of the room, but you could make notes. So it was a lot to go through in a short period of time."

I saw Sanjay Gupta, a doctor who was one of those invited to see McCain's records and he said it was a farce. They were allowed to look at those 1200 pages but there was a lot of stuff missing and blacked out, they weren't allowed to copy any of it, and the 1200 pages were left intentionally without page numbers, so they couldn't reference anything. he said it left more questions than answers for the doctors.

Well, I just read a report by Dr. Abby Normal, saying your full of sh--. Keep that glass of Kool-Aid full. In case you get thirsty.