Best show's on TV

Alright, it seems as though I'm going to be spending a considerable amount of time at home for the next couple of weeks due to unforeseen circumstances(illness in the family). I'm curious as to what everyone here thinks are some of the best show's on right now. I'm already a huge fan of "House", "The Office" and I'm getting into "Sons of Anarchy". IMO those are 3 of the best shows on TV, what's everyone else's top 3?

My order goes like so:

1. The Office

2. House

3. SOA

This will be fun and maybe everyone will pick up another show or 3 :rolleyes:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, it seems as though I'm going to be spending a considerable amount of time at home for the next couple of weeks due to unforeseen circumstances(illness in the family). I'm curious as to what everyone here thinks are some of the best show's on right now. I'm already a huge fan of "House", "The Office" and I'm getting into "Sons of Anarchy". IMO those are 3 of the best shows on TV, what's everyone else's top 3?

My order goes like so:

1. The Office

2. House

3. SOA

This will be fun and maybe everyone will pick up another show or 3 :rolleyes:

1. Dexter

2. Crimminal Minds

3. Lost

Two cool ones for me.

1) Destroyed in Seconds. Think its on Discovery. Former Bill Ron Pitts hosts. Basically just highlights of things getting blown up, planes and helicopters crashing, storm footage etc. Pretty cool for a simpleton like me.

2) Man vs Wild also on Discovery. Dude gets dropped in remote places and goes about telling and showing you how he would survive. Some of the stuff he eats is just incredible, and when he slices critters open for food, liquid, warmth etc, just cannot believe PETA does not go crazy.

2) Man vs Wild also on Discovery. Dude gets dropped in remote places and goes about telling and showing you how he would survive. Some of the stuff he eats is just incredible, and when he slices critters open for food, liquid, warmth etc, just cannot believe PETA does not go crazy.

I like Man vs Wild but I think Survivor man is better. Les Stroud is the man.

The new Masterpiece Theater Contemporary series.

What Not To Wear.

Judge Judy (see your tax dollars at work...they are supporing most of the litigants).

Andy Griffith re-runs.

Beverly Hillbillies re-runs.

Bonanza re-runs.

Little House on the Prairie re-runs.

Law&Order re-runs - not the rape and sex crime ones.

TCM movies.

Top Gear re-runs.

Iron Chef America.

The Black Family Channel - and time to time, they show the old 1/4 hour re-runs of the great Mahalia Jackson. :lol:

C-Span + C-Span 2.

How It's Made.

Weaponology.

The IFC channel, whenever they see fit to broadcast something with at least a glimmer of sunshine instead of their usual fare which leaves me searching for a gas pipe...

The U.S. Farm Report. You have to get up early to view it - if you get it in the first place.

ETWN, when they broadcast the old B&W shows of the late Bishop of Rochester, Rev. Fulton Sheen. What a powerful intellect he was...

BTW...Poriot fans - PBS is planning a bunch of re-broadcasts. Stay tuned...

Two cool ones for me.

1) Destroyed in Seconds. Think its on Discovery. Former Bill Ron Pitts hosts. Basically just highlights of things getting blown up, planes and helicopters crashing, storm footage etc. Pretty cool for a simpleton like me.

I can't stand Man vs Wild. The whole show is about how gross that guy can be. And can't stand the host, and every time I hear him say "Gla-see-er" I want to break my TV. I spend a lot of time on Discovery, but every time that show pops up I scramble for the remote.

I agree with Hazed about Survivorman. That's an excellent show, and I love that he's out in those places by himself, without a TV crew.