kellen winslow

BeastMode54

Jesus christ, here we go with the correcting of grammar again. The fact that people even bother to post stupid posts like this boggles my mind. I'm sorry sir, it was a STAPH infection

the double whammy - was it a grammatical error, or a spelling error, or maybe both? The fact you got called out on it wasn't stupid, it was funny. You're the one who looks stupid, Mr. Staff.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Winslow has rubbed the Browns the wrong way and there are rumors that he will be dealt this offseason. We offered a 3rd and change for TG, I certainly would be willing to do the same for Winslow. He's much younger and is a very good TE. No one in the draft has close to the talent that he does. Anyone agree?

combination of injury/health problems + attitude is why i'd pass on him. one or the other i could see taking a flyer on. but did you hear him recently? in some ways he's worse than TO in terms of the respect and adulation he thinks he deserves: with TO you get the impression it's a game he's playing, Winslow sounds like he really believes it. no thanks

As for his rep - I think there are a lot of hard feelings in Cleveland. A broken leg cost Winslow 14 games in his rookie year (04) the motorcycle accident cost him all of 2005, and he finally puts together a couple good years and he starts chirping about renegotiating his contract - forgetting that he got $11.6M over his first two years while playing just two games. Now he runs to the media after the team asked him not to do so. I can understand why they are getting tired of his act.

I think this quote by BMwolf21 says pretty much everything. I'm a Bills fan here in Cleveland and I agree with those here that the Bills should stay away from Winslow. He plays great in most games but is definitely a "me first" kind of guy. Rumor is that he contracted the Staph infection in/on his male anatomy, if that was actually true it might also explain why the Browns didn't disclose it. The whole rant against Phil Savage was completely a head-scratching unprofessional move.

If memory serves he got drafted, hired the Poston Bros. to represent him and wanted a big $$ contract, above the position he was drafted. Well, they did it but it was mostly incentive clauses. Well then KW gets hurt as above and basically Browns management looks good because they don't have to pay him anywhere near the full value of the contract because he obviously didn't meet his incentives (I think they only owed him like 1-2 million). If memory serves, mgmt ended up paying a good bit more than they had to so that he wouldn't be disgruntled about the whole thing when he came back.

The Plain Dealer did an article last year with him and he's discussing all the constant pain he's in with that banged up knee and acting like Browns fans should all worship him for his efforts just to play through the pain. Too bad he can't appreciate the fact that all that pain was brought on by himself and his dips##t motorcycle stunt.

In all honesty I can't argue with the fact that I've seen him put out huge efforts in games, he's an important weapon in their offense (though Eric Heiden did ok last weekend) and an excellent player. His attitude is very "me first" but most importantly he seems injury prone and I believe his knee is permanenty screwed up (various indirect newspaper quotes from him and others) and so one has to wonder how many more years he's actually got in him. And this year he certainly has had the "dropsies" (though not as bad as Braylon Edwards).

So, he is definitely a talented player but I think if we did get him we'd come to the same conclusions that the Browns and their fans have.

Apparently Winslow has rubbed the Browns the wrong way and there are rumors that he will be dealt this offseason. We offered a 3rd and change for TG, I certainly would be willing to do the same for Winslow. He's much younger and is a very good TE. No one in the draft has close to the talent that he does. Anyone agree?

if you had a clue you would already know there is ZERO chance of Winslow ever being a Bill

FWIW, Bobby April calls our punt return team the "Rangers," our kickoff return team the "Navy Seals," and our punt coverage team "Delta Force."

Rangers, Navy Seals, Delta Force

It is not the first time that millitary references have been used in Football and it will not be the last -- by a long shot.

Yet, if someone is biased against Bobby April (or Winslow), they could decide to feign disgust and proclaim: How dare he use military references when our troops are fighting a war.

Get over it. Winslow was not disrespecting our troops.

FWIW, Bobby April calls our punt return team the "Rangers," our kickoff return team the "Navy Seals," and our punt coverage team "Delta Force."

Rangers, Navy Seals, Delta Force

It is not the first time that millitary references have been used in Football and it will not be the last -- by a long shot.

Yet, if someone is biased against Bobby April (or Winslow), they could decide to feign disgust and proclaim: How dare he use military references when our troops are fighting a war.

Get over it. Winslow was not disrespecting our troops.

Of course he wasn't. I thought that was stupid when it came out. It was stupid, but not offensive or disrespectful.

if you had a clue you would already know there is ZERO chance of Winslow ever being a Bill

Way to bash the guy for asking a simple question. And how the hell would you know they wouldn't go after KW? Its a message board fool no reason to be a d-ck for some one expressing a thought.