Any worries about Trent

BeastMode54

I agree. As I said, there are some legit reasons, other than the inability to play in bad weather, for the rough first half. I suspect you are right. After Trent plays a few good games in some slop and wind, I will KNOW you are right.

I am by no means stating the Trent will be good in cold weather, I need some convincing as well. Just saying that it's been hard tell to this point. But I am really more concerned with the running game in cold weather than Trent's passing. Run the ball well in bad weather and Trent throws less, pretty simple formula...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, I believe he will show he can do it, just like he has shown he can do some other things people around here said he couldn't. He is young and still learning, and playing in schitty weather is the only way he can get better playing in schitty weather. I think he can do it and I also think we need to improve out running game to help out, let's not make the guy throw in 40mph winds because we can't run for 2 yards to get a 1st down.

GO BILLS!

I didn't have any worries about Trent until this week when somebody posted a link on OTW proving the existence of UFOs

Now I have 2 worries

1 - The Aliens have come to take Trent away from us

2 - The Aliens will destroy us and we won't be able to see how good Trent will become

That's because we got to see what he could do (or couldn't do) without Fairchild. Same JP.
Since that excuse was rendered bs in the 2007 season and the offseason you must have a incredible foresight, beecause I assume your speaking of two weeks ago

Dude, seriously, why don't you give it up. It is pretty obvious for whatever reason you really do not like Edwards. We get it. The bills are averaging nearly 25pts per game & we finally under Edwards leadership have an offense that is not the laughing stock of the league. Keep being miserable & bitter fanboy because your man crush did not get his 10th chance to lock down the starting QB position, your missing out on a great season.

dude, seriously, don't get all butt-hurt because i'm not slobbering all over edwards' nuts like you and your brethren. i didn't even say something negative/derogatory about him - i just said 'he hasn't done well in not perfect weather so far' and used the seattle game and the excuses that came flowing in from everyone as examples.

Since that excuse was rendered bs in the 2007 season and the offseason you must have a incredible foresight, beecause I assume your speaking of two weeks ago

I'm speaking of training camp, the pre-season and yes 2 weeks ago. JP is JP is all I'm saying, doesn't matter who the OC is.

This thread is pointless. It's been proven over and over that most QB's that play in bad weather don't do well and yet all of a sudden this is a major issue for TE. Someone will obviously say "well they don't have to play in DEC @ RWS".....well, how often does the weather really come into play? Once, twice a year? Gimme a break. I'll be more than happy if Trent plays like a$$ twice a year if the other 14 times he plays like he has the last 4 games he started and completed.

Now go pick apart something that has more relevance like the run blocking.

Jeesh.....this board sometimes....

dude, seriously, don't get all butt-hurt because i'm not slobbering all over edwards' nuts like you and your brethren. i didn't even say something negative/derogatory about him - i just said 'he hasn't done well in not perfect weather so far' and used the seattle game and the excuses that came flowing in from everyone as examples.

But it is okay for you & your little crew to make 25 different excuses though why Losman has not been successfull these last 4yrs. What is going to be your excuse next year when he is playing in the CFL?

Neither did the opponents QB:

Giants

TE 9-26 161

EM 7-15 111

GO BILLS!!!!

Trent's stats here are a little misleading. I was at that game. He completed his first 7 or 8 passes in a row when the weather was nice. Once the monsoon started in the 2nd quarter (I think it was), I think he only completed like 1 or 2 passes the rest of the way. In that game it was nice weather while the Bills built up the 14-0 lead. Then it got nasty.

I'm concerned about Trent in the weather until I see him do well in it.

Of course I was also concerned coming into this year about his quick starts in the 1st quarter turning into not much after that. He seems to have gotten over that, so I'm hopeful.

GO BILLS!!!! indeed

This is hysterical....Those games were in 2 of the worst wind snow rain driven field conditions possible..Next you Edwards haters are gonna be complaining about how he wipes his ass..You just cant give it up can you

Are there Edwards haters in this thread? I'm getting the idea that bizell isn't sold on Trent. Most of the comments seem to be coming from people who really like, and are impressed with Trent.

But it is okay for you & your little crew to make 25 different excuses though why Losman has not been successfull these last 4yrs. What is going to be your excuse next year when he is playing in the CFL?

What's Losman have to do with this thread? This thread was about Edwards' struggles in bad conditions, and I gave an example. Label me what you want. :ph34r:

and Dean, it's not that I'm "not sold" on him, it's just that I'm not so fast to anoint him the great savior.