Offensive Line......WOW

I just watched some highlights of Trent Edwards throwing the football, take notice at the pocket he had around him. I mean SD didnt even sniff him at all........

Is it me or did Duke Preston look solid at center? Honestly, I have more confidence in him then I do Fowler.

Great job to the OL, now just open some more holes for Lynch.

Oh and FINALLY Jason Peters looked good!

I just watched some highlights of Trent Edwards throwing the football, take notice at the pocket he had around him. I mean SD didnt even sniff him at all........

Is it me or did Duke Preston look solid at center? Honestly, I have more confidence in him then I do Fowler.

Preston looked good in pass blocking but I thought he looked pretty bad when we were running. The good runs we got were to the outside. Between the tackles it was a disaster IMO.

Preston looked good in pass blocking but I thought he looked pretty bad when we were running. The good runs we got were to the outside. Between the tackles it was a disaster IMO.

It was no worse than with Fowler. And since Preston did better in pass blocking, he should be starting.

Not sure if this was brought up elsewhere but in one of the San Diego Tribune articles, it said that the Chargers did not even register one "quarterback hurry" the entire game, let alone a sack or a hit. Nice.

Their left DE got thru pretty well a few times--but TE stepped up in the pocket to avoid the guy. KUDOS to the center of the line.

It's about time they did something after the money that was spent on those bums.

Now what we need it the starting running back to crack a 4 yard per carry average which should be a minimum for a 1st round pick.

Lynch's average per carry has been far from impressive.

I'm for giving more playng time to Jackson because his average is no worse and he is more of a threat as a receiver.

Their left DE got thru pretty well a few times--but TE stepped up in the pocket to avoid the guy. KUDOS to the center of the line.

Agreed but that is what he's supposed to do, and he does it very well now. That is not really getting pressure on the QB if he is easily able to step up in the pocket after 3-4 seconds. The whole line pass blocked extremely well the entire game.

I saw one play where Jason Peter's threw his man to the ground hard. Our hopes of him using the 2 weeks to catch up came to be true. Why is it the O-line blocks so well in passing and horribly in the run. I'm was so happy when Lynch finally got a whole late in the game and ran for about 19 yards. Seemed like his long run of the season. I completely understood why he dropped to the ground in exhaustion after his touchdown. That guy works hard out there, alot harder then most RB's. :lol:

I saw one play where Jason Peter's threw his man to the ground hard. Our hopes of him using the 2 weeks to catch up came to be true. Why is it the O-line blocks so well in passing and horribly in the run. I'm was so happy when Lynch finally got a whole late in the game and ran for about 19 yards. Seemed like his long run of the season. I completely understood why he dropped to the ground in exhaustion after his touchdown. That guy works hard out there, alot harder then most RB's. :lol:

That's great that he works hard but the result is what matters.

3.7 per carry or whatever his average is, doesn't really make the grade for a 1st round pick.

He has to start contributing more if this team is going to do something big this season.

They cannot keep relying on Edwards to put in near perfect performances.

That's great that he works hard but the result is what matters.

3.7 per carry or whatever his average is, doesn't really make the grade for a 1st round pick.

He has to start contributing more if this team is going to do something big this season.

They cannot keep relying on Edwards to put in near perfect performances.

Lynch has been fabulous, and he makes almost all of his yards on his own. The TD was one of precious few plays he has ever had in his 19-20 Pro games that he has a big lane and huge hole. Most RBs that have a ton of yards get 1-2 of those kind of holes every game.

I don't recall more than 1-2 carries in his career where he ran up the middle and was able to run full speed into the linebackers or secondary before being hit.

Enough talk about Beastmode. The man is exactly that, a beast. If you are looking for a reason his YPC is so low, look to the OL run blocking. The reason Freddy Jack has a higher average is that he is given more opportunities to run to the outside, where he can use his speed. I haven't been able to find a yds after contact stat, but I would be willing to bet the a large majority of Lynch's yardage is after 1st contact, because he is being hit in the backfield or at the LOS because his line can't seem to open a hole or keep a defender out of the backfield on a run play.

Lynch has been fabulous, and he makes almost all of his yards on his own. The TD was one of precious few plays he has ever had in his 19-20 Pro games that he has a big lane and huge hole. Most RBs that have a ton of yards get 1-2 of those kind of holes every game.

I don't recall more than 1-2 carries in his career where he ran up the middle and was able to run full speed into the linebackers or secondary before being hit.

Well if Lynch is 'fabulous' then the O line must blow because Lynch's yards per carry isn't anything to be proud of.

So which is it , is Lynch overrated or does the high priced Oline suck?

Myself, I think I think it's a little of both.

I certainly wouldn't consider him a "fabulous' runner.

In fact, Travis Henry was better than what Lynch has been to this point.

Agreed. The way his year is going he is getting 1 yard for every broken tackle. For Lynch the yards after broken tackle and yards per broken tackle will both be much more defining then his total yards on the season.

Well if Lynch is 'fabulous' then the O line must blow because Lynch's yards per carry isn't anything to be proud of.

The "high priced O-line" is brutal at run blocking. There really isn't two ways about it. They excel in pass blocking, but struggle to open holes. It affects Lynch's YPC in a big way.

This is what I find extremely curious.....

Does anybody notice we cant blow anybody off the ball in the middle of the field but can push a defense 5 yards into the end zone for a touchdown?

I have seen this happen NUMEROUS times.....they literally move the line of scrimmage into the end zone.....but we cant get a yard in the open field

Defenses are supposed to play harder on the goaline...the whole thing is turned around to me

I'm really glad you aren't a scout for the Bills.

I think Duke should be the starter for sure.

Butler sux too. Why he was extended is beyond all logic. Those two alone cause most of the QB pressures and couldn't fight their way thru unconscious girls scouts in the run game.

This is what I find extremely curious.....

Does anybody notice we cant blow anybody off the ball in the middle of the field but can push a defense 5 yards into the end zone for a touchdown?

I have seen this happen NUMEROUS times.....they literally move the line of scrimmage into the end zone.....but we cant get a yard in the open field

Defenses are supposed to play harder on the goaline...the whole thing is turned around to me

I was thinking about that the other nite. These past few years we couldn't run jack in goal line situations. Lynch has like 4 TD's on long runs down there. He's not even touched on his way into the EZ.

Definitely another WTF moment in the NFL.

Lynch is definately not overated. He makes his own holes. If the O-line can open holes to get Lynch to the second level our run game would be unstoppable. He has great vision and rarely goes down on the first hit . Hes called "Beast Mode" for a reason. He runs hard nosed. The way he runs is fabulous. Your fanhood is suspect.