The following players need to be let go

Drew Bledsoe

Travis Henry (trade)

Ryan Denney

Chris Kelsay

Izell Reese

Coy Wire

Mike Williams

Sam Adams (I like Sam, but he's had his troubles)

Josh Reed

Eric Moulds (too much cap space invested)

Ryan Lindell

With the money we save on those guys and the losing attitude we lose with others, this team gets better.

Am I missing anyone?

Drew Bledsoe(wouldnt be bad holding the clip board next season)

Travis Henry (trade) (i agree)

Ryan Denney (i agree)

Chris Kelsay (why??)

Izell Reese (i agree)

Coy Wire (i agree)

Mike Williams (not yet)

Sam Adams (i think we get that last year outta him next season)

Josh Reed(not yet...just for the simple fact that WR's usually take 2-3years to develop<Hines Ward the best example>)

Eric Moulds (only guy making plays right now but he will have to sign a extension at some point)

Ryan Lindell(imma give him the rest of this season, see how he does in the 40-49 range, i doubt he does well though when the weather gets worse, so ill probably agree at the end of the season<Rian prove me wrong>)

With the money we save on those guys and the losing attitude we lose with others, this team gets better.

Am I missing anyone?

83226[/snapback]

Drew Bledsoe..... I agree

Travis Henry (trade).......I agree

Ryan Denney.......disagree, would make decent back up

Chris Kelsay.......same as above

Izell Reese.....I agree

Coy Wire........special teamer, nah cut him

Mike Williams.....move him to guard

Sam Adams (I like Sam, but he's had his troubles).....i agree, need someone younger, he and Pat are getting into mid 30's

Josh Reed.....I agree

Eric Moulds (too much cap space invested)....somehwat disagree, pay cut would be nice

Ryan Lindell.....I agree

Am I missing anyone?

83226[/snapback]

I'm not a big fan of Fletcher, would like a more dominant LB but who wouldnt? teaugue is average at best as well as his replacement. Who is our LG? If we resign Jennings, big if(injury history and his possibly wanting to play in ATL) move him to RT get a legit LT and C and move Williams to LG we would be in much better shape. I'm dreaming I know. WM if he can stay healthy should be our starter now. Oh yeah QB, give JP a shot, cant be much worse than what we have now.

Drew Bledsoe

Travis Henry (trade)

Ryan Denney

Chris Kelsay

Izell Reese

Coy Wire

Mike Williams

Josh Reed

Ryan Lindell

Am I missing anyone?

83226[/snapback]

Kids I tell ya.... :doh:

I always love these lists that include our one and only playmaker on the team...this team would be averaging 0 points a game without Moulds.

83425[/snapback]

Did I say get rid of him because of his play?????

He makes way more then he is worth. He is a very good (but not GREAT) wr. He is getting top dollar (top 5 WR money in the league I would guess) and he is only about the 10th best in the NFL.

He's gotta come cheaper is all, if that happens I'm all for keeping him. If not he needs to be let go.

Let's get Drew out of town first & see what happens.

83431[/snapback]

I advocated that the Bills cut their losses with Bledsoe and release him this past off-season, but since I'm not in charge they didn\t dp this and resigned him to a cap friendly deal 9if they release him after June 1, 2005 so the cap hit is distributed over three years rather than us taking an immediate hit.

This to me means getting Drew out of town this season or before next June is a bad idea which will wreck next season in addition to this one.

In fact, I think you play him this year until we judge our QB of the future Losman physically and mentally ready to play. Rushing him along on either point since simply getting better QB play today at the cost of putting him on the Todd Collins development track would be bad for the Bills.

Perhaps one wants to play Matthews instead of Bledsoe (it would be tough to worse than today at QB) but I see nothing to indicate that Matthews would be any better.

Starting with Bledsoe as the key to fixing this team simply seems ineffective to me.

Drew Bledsoe

Travis Henry (trade)

Ryan Denney

Chris Kelsay

Izell Reese

Coy Wire

Mike Williams

Josh Reed

Ryan Lindell

Am I missing anyone?

83226[/snapback]

Bledsoe stays, whether we like it or not for now, probably thru next year. Travis may be traded, but I'm not sure we'd get much more than a 3rd (possibly a second if we're lucky). Denny by and large has played better than Kelsay, and should not be cut nor should Kelsay, who shold be given another year.

Then comes Izell Reese. Why he is on this team only shows how weak we are at FS. He flat out stinks, period. Give the Baker kid a shot, use PP to back him up and tell Izell "bye, bye" right now. Let Wire play ST and fight for a position next year. What that would be who knows since he's only shown that he simply is horrible in coverage. I like the kid, hate his play.

As for the rest, get some sleep. They stay until someone can beat them out, that's the way it works. One thing for sure, I'd like to see Edwards get more playing time and while I've always liked Pat Williams he's only played one real solid game to me (Miami) and unless he takes a pay cut (FA my butt), he's done in Buffalo. Time to see what an Edwards, Anderson tandem can do as well.

Drew Bledsoe

Travis Henry (trade)

Ryan Denney

Chris Kelsay

Izell Reese

Coy Wire

Mike Williams

Josh Reed

Ryan Lindell

83226[/snapback]

That's all nice to say, but in the modern NFL the cap hit caused from releasing all of these players would devastate the team.

Mike Williams is not going to get cut. He signed a huge 6 year 40$ contract a three years back. To release him would cost $6 million minimum. So it's never gonna happen.

They aren't getting rid of Kelsay either and I don't understand why everyone dogs him. How many teams have 2 really good DE's? Not many. Kelsay is clearly better than Denney.

Moulds is the only player at WR, why would you cut him?

And exactly how and with whom are you going to replace all these cuts?

I obviously understand that we can't get rid of all of these guys. These are just guys that I think we would benefit by cutting.

Moulds could be cut in the offseason to make cap space for the future. What's the sense of keeping him? He is on the other side of 30 and is eating a big chunk of cap space up. If he would redo his deal I'm all for keeping him, he's been a great Buffalo Bill and good in the community. I just don't like his price right now.

Bledsoe needs to go, we don't need him as a starter and surely don't want him as a backup. He can't handle that at this stage in his career. Next year would be the year to cut him, the third year of his new deal is when things start getting tough.

Kelsay has shown me little. He's just a poor mans Schobel who is a poor mans (inster name here).