Bills injury Report

K-Gun10

Injury update

By Chris Brown - Posted October 16th, 2008

Melvin Fowler did not practice Thursday due to an elbow injury according to head coach Dick Jauron.

Aaron Schobel (foot) and Terrence McGee (knee) also did not practice Thursday. Jauron labeled all three players 50-50 for Sunday.

“All of those guys are questionable at this point for the game on Sunday,” said Jauron. “We’ll just have to see what happens day to day.”

If Fowler can’t go Duke Preston is expected to start in his place as he got the first team reps on Thursday.

Schobel revealed that his foot injury involves a ligament on the top of his foot and that he also has a deep bone bruise. He again wore the immobilizer boot Thursday.

Tags: Aaron Schobel, Duke Preston, Melvin Fowler, Terrence McGee

Injury update

By Chris Brown - Posted October 16th, 2008

Melvin Fowler did not practice Thursday due to an elbow injury according to head coach Dick Jauron.

Aaron Schobel (foot) and Terrence McGee (knee) also did not practice Thursday. Jauron labeled all three players 50-50 for Sunday.

“All of those guys are questionable at this point for the game on Sunday,” said Jauron. “We’ll just have to see what happens day to day.”

If Fowler can’t go Duke Preston is expected to start in his place as he got the first team reps on Thursday.

Schobel revealed that his foot injury involves a ligament on the top of his foot and that he also has a deep bone bruise. He again wore the immobilizer boot Thursday.

Tags: Aaron Schobel, Duke Preston, Melvin Fowler, Terrence McGee

Not bad. That's a pretty light list going into week #7.

John McCargo: Heart

[/i]

;) ^^^^^^^^^

In all fairness he has had a bad disc and that IS an injury. I know my ex used to have that and she was.................. well, useless too. I wonder, how bad is it? and why he is not reported as injured if he can't pass a physical because of it. Weird B-)

It could explain his lacking, I guess.

:D ^^^^^^^^^

In all fairness he has had a bad disc and that IS an injury. I know my ex used to have that and she was.................. well, useless too. I wonder, how bad is it? and why he is not reported as injured if he can't pass a physical because of it. Weird :thumbsup:

It could explain his lacking, I guess.

McCargo's back is puzzling to say the least. Does he have a bulging disc or not? The Colts say yes; the Bills say no. WTF, which is it? Is it bad enough that he knows he's not 100%, hence he plays tentative? I don't know. But, it seems sensible to go get some additional, outside opinions before he suits up and continues to play.

What is going to be interesting is:

If Preston plays in replace of Fowler and all of a sudden our running game up the middle opens up.......

If Ellis plays in place of Schrobel and we start getting pressure from that side.....

Interesting? I'd say it'd be superfantabulous. I'm really hoping Preston starts for Fowler. I find it hard to believe he can be much worse, and I think we all know he could be be better given Fowler's play.

It's be great if Ellis could get some pressure on the QB. Schobel is great in the run defense, but seems to have slowed down a step - leading to QB pressures rather than sacks. Is that because of his foot or is age? I don't know nor does it matter, quite honestly, if Ellis could demonstrate an ability to get to the QB in obvious passing downs. That'd be a great rotation with Schobel on 1st and 2nd down and Ellis on 3rd down (assuming of course Ellis could get to the QB).

Now Youboty is listed as a game time decision too:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/10/17/injury-update-2/

Ugggg. That places an even bigger onus on McKelvin and Corner. Maybe stocking up on DBs wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Also, what did Brown mean about Simpson's starting job being in jeopardy?

I think if hes not out he may not start not that he is losing his starting role

Now Youboty is listed as a game time decision too:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/10/17/injury-update-2/

Ugggg. That places an even bigger onus on McKelvin and Corner. Maybe stocking up on DBs wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Also, what did Brown mean about Simpson's starting job being in jeopardy?

1)Wow, if you had told me August 1, 2008 that I would be sweating whether Youboty would be playing this week, or any week for that matter, I would have called you a liar and kicked ya in the nuts just for fun. My, how two months can change ones perception.

2) I thought there was another thread in here where someone speculated that the brass at OBD has not been thrilled with KO so far, guess it is the case.