Why hasn't this Dem Congress, that loves to get

Could it be that they can't find a Republican to blame for the mess they created with their social engineering and pandering for votes? :(

The bulk of the subprime mortgages blowing up right now were written between 2004 and 2006. Not to mention the growth in the credit default swap market.

Both parties are to blame, pure and simple, for not having the expertise to ride shotgun on the regulators--whose job it was to monitor and control the situation.

Pointing fingers is a futile exercise when the levy is about to burst...

...launched one 6 months ago about the economic crisis?

Could it be that they can't find a Republican to blame for the mess they created with their social engineering and pandering for votes? :(

I don't understand how a guy that's so knowledgeable and rational about football can be so closed minded and partisan about politics. That's a shame cincy...

How did the Dems create this mess?

They certainly helped.

Heard an interesting rant on the radio this morning. Though the guy was clearly insane, he made a good point: the cause of this is everyone's greed, from individual people's greed at "deserving" whatever they wanted, to corporate greed in maximizing short-term profits and stock performance at all costs, to the government's greed on both sides of the aisle in actively encouraging both individual and corporate greed as well as their own spending habits.

Finger-pointing is useless. It's the result of a greedy society that believes immediate gratification of every whim is an inalienable right, and votes accordingly.

Edit: And don't believe for a minute that either candidate running will change that.

I don't understand how a guy that's so knowledgeable and rational about football can be so closed minded and partisan about politics. That's a shame cincy...

Ah yes, nothing better than the enlightened "doesn't agree with me = 'closed minded'" argument.

:(

Ah yes, nothing better than the enlightened "doesn't agree with me = 'closed minded'" argument.

:(

It actually has nothing to do with his agreeing or disagreeing with me.

I look at the vast majority of his posts on TSW vs PPP. (IMO) in the former, he has opinions, but he listens and acknowledges other people's points of view, vs here it's a hardened 1 way.

question for you... why can't you disagree with someone without slamming them?

They certainly helped.

Heard an interesting rant on the radio this morning. Though the guy was clearly insane, he made a good point: the cause of this is everyone's greed, from individual people's greed at "deserving" whatever they wanted, to corporate greed in maximizing short-term profits and stock performance at all costs, to the government's greed on both sides of the aisle in actively encouraging both individual and corporate greed as well as their own spending habits.

Finger-pointing is useless. It's the result of a greedy society that believes immediate gratification of every whim is an inalienable right, and votes accordingly.

Edit: And don't believe for a minute that either candidate running will change that.

Sounds like a guy I used to work with whose nickname was "State the Obvious".

I'm still waiting for the Democrat-controlled Congress to hold hearings about Fannie and Freddie Mac, and the meltdown...

If ever there was a reason to hold one, this is surely it.

Can some of you loyal Democrats who post here offer reasons why your party isn't doing so? Please?

I'm still waiting for the Democrat-controlled Congress to hold hearings about Fannie and Freddie Mac, and the meltdown...

If ever there was a reason to hold one, this is surely it.

Can some of you loyal Democrats who post here offer reasons why your party isn't doing so? Please?

You do realize that they've been having hearings for the last month? Three have been completed, with three more to go...

They certainly helped.

I agree with you, Tom. Entitlement is the key word here.

No - somehow...I've missed the intense media coverage of such. Are they intensely covering them?

Nope. You need to check C-SPAN for the calendar & archives of the ones that already aired.

No - somehow...I've missed the intense media coverage of such. Are they intensely covering them?

I don't watch TV in the morning when I'm home but I was in San Francisco for business and each morning turned on CNN while I was getting ready for work.

The answer is YES. They were televising it live.

So much for that. Go back to your boat.