Obama to declare carbon dioxide a dangerous pollutant

Wacka

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If power plants have to spend money to lessen the amount of CO2 they emit, you can certainly expect higher electric bills.

Yup. Then again, I'm willing to pay a few bucks a month to make sure my kids are healthy and we all don't wind up spending billions to treat those who get sick. Simply stemming the rise of asthma cases alone would more than pay for the cost. Then again, I'm only quoting science.

Or we could just keep up the current pace and our grand kids won't have to worry about winter or heating bills.

Yes, that's the only other alternative.

Regulate industry and increase the cost of electricity for all Americans or do nothing and destroy the world. :(

Yup. Then again, I'm willing to pay a few bucks a month to make sure my kids are healthy and we all don't wind up spending billions to treat those who get sick. Simply stemming the rise of asthma cases alone would more than pay for the cost. Then again, I'm only quoting science.

Are you saying asthma is caused by CO2???

I think the rise in asthma is caused by parents wanting their kids to live in sterile bubbles. Kids aren't exposed to the normal environmental stuff (mold, bacteria, and other stuff in the air). Let them eat dirt and get a resistance to those things.

Are you saying asthma is caused by CO2???

I think the rise in asthma is caused by parents wanting their kids to live in sterile bubbles. Kids aren't exposed to the normal environmental stuff (mold, bacteria, and other stuff in the air). Let them eat dirt and get a resistance to those things.

I guess I tend to listen to the scientists. What do your voodoo doctors say?

I actually agree with you on this, mild exposure helps to build strong immune systems...

I guess I tend to listen to the scientists. What do your voodoo doctors say?

You mean the scientists that say CO2 is a vital component of the biosphere? 'Cause things like plants use it?

A dangerous pollutant that's simultaneously highly important. Brilliant. :( C'mon, we're not talking about PCBs or dioxin here, we're talking about an atmospheric component created by natural processes. What, is Obama going to outlaw yeast?

I actually agree with you on this, mild exposure helps to build strong immune systems...

But chronic low levels of exposure to environmental chemicals can lead to what is called chemical sensitivity. One symptom is asthma, among a host of others. Sure, getting kids exposed to allergens, viruses and bacteria will help build their immune system, but that is not the case with carbon dioxide.

But chronic low levels of exposure to environmental chemicals can lead to what is called chemical sensitivity. One symptom is asthma, among a host of others. Sure, getting kids exposed to allergens, viruses and bacteria will help build their immune system, but that is not the case with carbon dioxide.

you're absolutely right, but I don't think wacka was connecting CO2 and asthma

You mean the scientists that say CO2 is a vital component of the biosphere? 'Cause things like plants use it?

A dangerous pollutant that's simultaneously highly important. Brilliant. :lol: C'mon, we're not talking about PCBs or dioxin here, we're talking about an atmospheric component created by natural processes. What, is Obama going to outlaw yeast?

nice spin

CO2 spewing from coal fired power plants isn't exactly a natural process nor a vital component of the biosphere